Adults and Waterslides

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We loved the slide so much that every time we go on an Oasis class ship, we must christen it with a slide down "The Ultimate Abyss".

I'll probably be using the Ultimate Abyss quite often to go from the top deck to my deck 6 aft cabin.  🙂

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

I am a mid 50's age adult male.  I love waterslides.  I guess I will never grow up.  I noticed my next cruise will be on a ship that has waterslides.  Is it faux pas for an old man like me to use the waterslide?  I don't want to seem like some creeper. Thanks for your feedback.

Nope. You're fine on the slides. 

I am,,, let just say old,,, and still slide. For some reason, I don't hold my arms right in the Abyss, and always end up with raspberries from rubs. 

Pro Tip: If a little kid pushes their way around you on the stairs, let them go. Don't pick a fight 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

I am a mid 50's age adult male.  I love waterslides.  I guess I will never grow up.  I noticed my next cruise will be on a ship that has waterslides.  Is it faux pas for an old man like me to use the waterslide?  I don't want to seem like some creeper.

Thanks for your feedback.

Me (55, but I identify as 25!) and my wife (??) both used the water slides on Wonder this past February and had a blast!  Here's to not growing old before our time!

Edited by LEMJMcC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I just turned 69, love the slides. Went on them numerous times with my 9 year old granddaughter. I just wish they had an elevator to get to the top. That is a lot of steps

The stairs are the only thing holding me back from doing slides more than I do.  I love them, and I'm used to the line being me and all the pre-teens.  In fact, when picking our cruise, dates and itineraries were wide open, within the drive-able departing ports, it was amenities/price and I eliminated any ship that didn't have a water slide an adult could use,  

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:08 AM, jeffr6596 said:

I am a mid 50's age adult male.  I love waterslides.  I guess I will never grow up.  I noticed my next cruise will be on a ship that has waterslides.  Is it faux pas for an old man like me to use the waterslide?  I don't want to seem like some creeper.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am in my late 50s and ride water slides on every cruise, usually on day one (along with family and friends who are in their 50s and 60s). I have also rode every water slide at Coco Cay multiple times. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 1:17 PM, zimmerman said:

I’m 48 and intending to head straight for the water slides on our next cruise. I think we’re early boarders (11:30) so hoping to head straight for the slides before the masses arrive.

will the slides be open immediately after embarkation?

I am 40 too and am afraid I will be the only "old lady"  This board is encouraging. Who cares!! 🙂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

I am 40 too and am afraid I will be the only "old lady"  This board is encouraging. Who cares!! 🙂

At 40 you'll be one of the youngest old ladies

But as an aside ,don't sell yurself short . If you are gonna call urself an old lady at 40 , what are you gonna call urself at 80 ?

Cheers

• Like 3

We're old, we are talking 70s,  but have been known to stay onboard when in  port just to hit the water slides.  After doing 21 cruises we have a list of ports that we don't need to see again.  That is when the SPLASH Party  begins.

• Like 2