Willdra’s Celestial Carnival Celebration May 28-June 4 Cruise Review

willdra

After the party, we went back to 17279. Our luggage had arrived, but we didn’t unpack yet. We dropped off some stuff then went to see if we could meet the Maitre D. We weren’t successful with adding T and K to our “friends list” before the cruise, so our dining options weren’t syncing. K had gone to Guest Services to try to do it, but they gave her the run around. W did it on The Horizon, so we knew it could be done. I saw something that said we could meet the Maitre D to sort out dining issues, but I couldn’t remember where I saw it, and I couldn’t remember what the times were (unreliable).

We decided to go to the Festivale restaurant to check. When we got there, we saw the sign about the Maitre D hours. We'd missed the in person session, but it said to call a number to talk to them on the phone. W called and the phone just rang and rang for 10 minutes. That phone number was prolly fake. I was over it, so I told him I was going back to unpack. W went to Guest Services, and a few minutes later I got a message from him saying it was done. He didn’t know why they wouldn’t do it for K. He said "maybe she didn’t tell them that we were family members". Honestly I can't blame her for that. I don't think I would claim us either. 

IMG_9638-L.jpg

IMG_9639-L.jpg

IMG_9642-L.jpg

IMG_9644-L.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I unpacked while W tried not to be in the way. That’s kinda hard to do for him, but I appreciated him trying. As I was unpacking I looked out the balcony door and noticed that we weren’t moving. Unusual. A few minutes later Lee came on the intercom and told us that there was a medical emergency, and that a passenger had to be taken back to Miami. I felt bad for them, so I said a quick prayer that they would make a full recovery and receive a full refund to sail again later. It has to suck to have your cruise end a few short hours after it begins.

The ship didn’t move until the passenger was safely evacuated. This didn’t take long. Maybe they'd done this before. I continued to unpack, then went to run a few errands while W unpacked. I went to look at the shops and also take T and K the door sign that I made them with my Cricut. I went and hung it on their door, like I did for AG and BG. When I'd been out long enough for W to get finished, I went back. At 6:30 T and K were ready to eat. We jumped in the shower, then checked us all in around 7. Our table was ready at 7:20.

IMG_9646-L.jpg

IMG_9650-L.jpg

IMG_9652-L.jpg

• Like 10

When we got to the dining room there were people standing around everywhere. We went up to the front and the hostess clearly said that section was for people with table numbers assigned. We confirmed that we had numbers already. These ladies followed us up there, stood in line, then said “Oh we don’t have table reservations yet”. Ma’am A and Ma'am B. You chose "Your Time Dining" but you didn't find out how it works? Explain that please. 

We finally got shown to our table where T and K were already seated.  W asked a few times to order a drink to no avail. After trying about 4 times, they finally got a break to get it for him.

For dinner I had the Strawberry Bisque. Calamari. Beef Brisket, and Tiramisu. Everything was very good. We ate fast tho cuz we wanted to go to the comedy show afterwards.

IMG_9656-L.jpg

IMG_9658-L.jpg

IMG_9659-L.jpg

IMG_9660-L.jpg

IMG_9664-L.jpg

IMG_9671-L.jpg

IMG_9675-L.jpg

• Like 13

The comedy shows on this ship have two dedicated venues for comedy. The Punchliner Comedy Club has R Rated comedy while the Limelight has PG shows. The first comedian was Russ Nagel. He was good and we laughed a few times.

The first show didn't last long. It was over early enough for us to make the next show in Limelight so we went there. The Alchemy Bar is right by the Limelight, we had time so we stopped by.  I wanted to get a French Kiss. We bellied up and placed our order. I love how large the Alchemy is on the Celebration. There were a lot of people there, but it didn't feel crowded.

While we waited a lady came up and started asking me about every drink on the menu. Ummmmm. Do I look like I work here?  Don’t answer that. I gave her my suggestions, then she wanted to know what my favorite was. Why? We may not have the same tastes. So I told her they were all good. I then gave her my top 2 after she wouldn't let up. Good grief.

IMG_9676-L.jpg

IMG_9679-L.jpg

IMG_9680-L.jpg

IMG_9683-L.jpg

IMG_9684-L.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

The Limelight is a smaller venue, so it fills up fast. Cee Jay Jones was the comedian that we were seeing. He was hilarious. W and I liked him so much, we decided to see him at 11:30 for the comedy showcase in the theater. I wanted to make tea before the show tho, so afterwards I went down to 16 then into Lido. The first two machines that I found were shut down. Then I remembered from the Mardi Gras that I had to go down to Deck 6. I rode down there praying that I was right.

The hot water was indeed flowing freely on Deck 6. Thank God. Happy that I found what I needed, I went back to drop it off then go with W to the show. He was ready when I got there which was great.

The showcase was funny. Except for when the guy on our row had to keep getting up to leave. Sir. Sit down. This is a short show. You can hold it. I hope.

At the Punchliner we were told that this would be a different show but the comedians daily shows are the same. Russ had different material but Cee Jay had a mixture of new and old jokes. It was entertaining nonetheless.

IMG_9687-L.jpg

IMG_9689-L.jpg

• Like 10

For some reason I was hungry after the show. We walked up to 8 to scope out the pizza situation. That was a big nope. The line was all the way back to Guest Services. The hood. As we were walking back I looked at delivery times for room service in the app. It said 20 minutes so I ordered a pepperoni pizza to be delivered to the cabin. It was ready in about 15 minutes. I was so glad that we skipped that line. Ew.

I ate a little of that golden sunshine in a box then got ready for bed. My plan was to get my life together and go to Serenity early to claim a spot. Side note: I’m super jelly of people who just wake up early. How??? Teach me your ways please.

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God for peaches. They are delicious by themselves and even better in a pie, smoothie, cocktail, cheesecake, cider, etc etc etc. Good job God!

IMG_9692-L.jpg

IMG_9477-L.jpg

IMG_9645-L.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, just what I needed, a Wildra review to read in the middle of the night. Menopause and insomnia are terrible over here in these parts. 

Looks like I'll be courting your reviews all week. Hopefully your review will last longer than this weeks cycle of M&I. 

Hopefully we'll join you in FL in 11 years and 10 months. But whose counting. LOL! We're hoping to find a quiet little town between all the big towns within an hour or so from a beach and a couple of hours from a cruise port.

Love your review as always. Thank you for the time you put into these reviews. 

• Like 7

On 8/12/2023 at 11:25 PM, willdra said:

I love you baby like a flower loves the spring

And I love you baby just like Tina loves to sing

And I love you baby like a school boy loves his pet

And I love you baby, river deep, mountain high

Oh yeah you've gotta believe me

River deep, mountain high

Do I love you my oh my, oh baby

River deep, mountain high

If I lost you would I cry

Oh how I love you baby, baby, baby, baby

~Tina Turner

Hey y’all! Welcome to Willdra’s Celestial Carnival Celebration May 28-June 4 Cruise Review. In this installment of “Where in the world is Willdra?”, W (a man who married me, and makes it impossible for me to unbig my back) and I are cruising on the sensational Carnival Celebration!

Before we begin, please know that I am thrilled that you are here. If this is your first time reading my review, it will be excessive, it will contain way too many (misspelled) words, you will lose blocks of time, and you will see a lot of pictures. You will also be my cruise cousin. Deposits are nonrefundable, and results are not typical.

Still here? Excellent. Let’s get into it!

I have been low-key stalking CC daily waiting for this review to start! I'm totally here for it and see a mostly unproductive morning of work ahead as I catch up on the first four pages of happenings! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been waiting on this review since Wildra mentioned that she'd be posting it, especially since I'd been on the Celebration a month after this cruise.

MUCH different boarding experience, since I was on the Celebration cruise that was delayed by 10 hours due to a boating accident in the channel leading to the cruise ships.  Therefore, there was no sail away party when the ship finally left at 1:45 AM.  By that time, I was already passed out!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, willdra said:

The comedy shows on this ship have two dedicated venues for comedy. The Punchliner Comedy Club has R Rated comedy while the Limelight has PG shows. The first comedian was Russ Nagel. He was good and we laughed a few times.

The first show didn't last long. It was over early enough for us to make the next show in Limelight so we went there. The Alchemy Bar is right by the Limelight, we had time so we stopped by.  I wanted to get a French Kiss. We bellied up and placed our order. I love how large the Alchemy is on the Celebration. There were a lot of people there, but it didn't feel crowded.

While we waited a lady came up and started asking me about every drink on the menu. Ummmmm. Do I look like I work here?  Don’t answer that. I gave her my suggestions, then she wanted to know what my favorite was. Why? We may not have the same tastes. So I told her they were all good. I then gave her my top 2 after she wouldn't let up. Good grief.

IMG_9676-L.jpg

IMG_9679-L.jpg

IMG_9680-L.jpg

IMG_9683-L.jpg

IMG_9684-L.jpg

Reasonably sure that you qualified to be tipped by fellow passenger writing an encyclopedia entry regarding Alchemy drink rankings.  Always accept graciously but remember W didn't earn it, you did!!😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Imagine just imagine how excited I was to hop on CC and find my favorite story teller had started her review. Just got back from our cruise a couple of weeks ago and here I am riding along with you. Thank you for this. I’m in Heaven!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for bringing us along 🙂

I honestly was a bit confused about that overhang covering your balcony, but once you posted photos underway it seems like a really great place to be on the ship. Did you like having the extra shade or would you have preferred a different location?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, notscb said:

Thank you for bringing us along 🙂

I honestly was a bit confused about that overhang covering your balcony, but once you posted photos underway it seems like a really great place to be on the ship. Did you like having the extra shade or would you have preferred a different location?

I was wondering the same thing😃

• Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 5:29 AM, cynt said:

Yes, just what I needed, a Wildra review to read in the middle of the night. Menopause and insomnia are terrible over here in these parts. 

Looks like I'll be courting your reviews all week. Hopefully your review will last longer than this weeks cycle of M&I. 

Hopefully we'll join you in FL in 11 years and 10 months. But whose counting. LOL! We're hoping to find a quiet little town between all the big towns within an hour or so from a beach and a couple of hours from a cruise port.

Love your review as always. Thank you for the time you put into these reviews. 

Thank you!! We may have to start a Cruise Critic Community somewhere in FL! That would be outstanding! 🤗🤗🤗

• Like 4

On 8/14/2023 at 10:17 AM, pirate4me2 said:

Yesssssssss! A review to get me thru until I cruise next week, this is just what I needed! Thanks for the early birthday present Willdra! 

That's so sweet! Happy Early Birthday!!😃

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, MistyRo76 said:

I have been low-key stalking CC daily waiting for this review to start! I'm totally here for it and see a mostly unproductive morning of work ahead as I catch up on the first four pages of happenings! 🙂

LOL work distractions are my favorite! 🤣

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 2:24 PM, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

I'm along for the ride, once again.  And thankfully close to the beginning.... not like 5 days into it!

Love your witty humor and sarcasm.  You tell it like it is.. which is how I like to hear things.... usually.

Thanks for joining me! 🤗

On 8/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, dmet0225 said:

I've been waiting on this review since Wildra mentioned that she'd be posting it, especially since I'd been on the Celebration a month after this cruise.

MUCH different boarding experience, since I was on the Celebration cruise that was delayed by 10 hours due to a boating accident in the channel leading to the cruise ships.  Therefore, there was no sail away party when the ship finally left at 1:45 AM.  By that time, I was already passed out!

What an experience! I'm glad you were still able to sail after all of that, and hopefully you had an amazing time! 🤗