Singinalot's 2023 Land Trip to Istanbul, Cappadocia, Rome, Amalfi Coast, & Florence

I did feel like I scored yesterday with roundtrip non-stop airfare to FCO (main cabin) for $913! Premium economy is $350 extra (each way) but that $700 would pay for most, if not all of my excursions right now so it's hard to fork that out just for seats. 

1 minute ago, erby2283 said:

Oh no....I hope this is just for a vacation and not a relationship change...or if it is, I hope it's what you wanted. But yes, I am ready! Love your reviews.....and your planning. 

thank you! relationship change but it is the best for both of us. 

Excited to look at new countries and get to planning

1 minute ago, erby2283 said:

I did feel like I scored yesterday with roundtrip non-stop airfare to FCO (main cabin) for $913! Premium economy is $350 extra (each way) but that $700 would pay for most, if not all of my excursions right now so it's hard to fork that out just for seats. 

definitely a great score! and don’t blame you on the savings for sure

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you! relationship change but it is the best for both of us. 

Excited to look at new countries and get to planning

I'm sorry - it's still tough even when for the best. I'm three years out of a 12 year relationship and we're much better friends than bf/gf. Hard at first but definitely for the best. I wish you a future of happiness and much travel. I'm sure you'll find the person for you.

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

definitely a great score! and don’t blame you on the savings for sure

Thanks. I'm kind of a stalker when planning. Had researched all different airports we could fly into and take the train to FCO if needed, etc.  Taking the trains around town and even to port still scare me a little but I'm sure we'll figure it out. 

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

they have! thank you!

Glad that it's good. 🙂👍

27 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Who’s ready for the solo adventures of singinalot? That’s right, changes on the horizon and in process. Next trip I’m looking at is Lisbon or Amsterdam in December. We shall see.

I am!   I feel like I've read several Amsterdam reviews lately so maybe Lisbon for the uniquness? 😉

Just kidding, wherever you go the trip report will be interesting. Amsterdam sounds amazing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Who’s ready for the solo adventures of singinalot? That’s right, changes on the horizon and in process. Next trip I’m looking at is Lisbon or Amsterdam in December. We shall see.

I am way behind on your excellent postings here but popping in to say yes please to solo travel reports.

Two places everyone seems to be visiting this year - Croatia & Amsterdam.  But only seen photos so an in depth report on Lisbon or Amsterdam from you would be a worthy read.

Edited by aussielozzie18

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

After talking to another friend, I'm also now considering Palma De Mallorca or Malaga (and still Lisbon).  Currently googling flights!

I had to google those 2 locations. 😃

You always find the most exotic & interesting places to go.  Can't go wrong with any of the destinations you've listed.

Hey Crystal,

Wondering if it would be helpful to unpin the topic? Like, could you use a breather? Might help slow/ease the pressure for responses etc. 

Sounds like a lot going on now, plus, everyone knows how/where to find you by now 😉 

It's been yet another amazing odyssey on this journey, like everyone else, so grateful for all the detail, time, and thought you put into sharing your journey with the community on CC. 

Look after yourself and let us know how the planning for what's next goes! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Host Bonjour said:

Hey Crystal,

Wondering if it would be helpful to unpin the topic? Like, could you use a breather? Might help slow/ease the pressure for responses etc. 

Sounds like a lot going on now, plus, everyone knows how/where to find you by now 😉 

It's been yet another amazing odyssey on this journey, like everyone else, so grateful for all the detail, time, and thought you put into sharing your journey with the community on CC. 

Look after yourself and let us know how the planning for what's next goes! 🙂 

I'm happy to still keep it pinned if that's good with you! I just settled into my new place today and life should be a lot more simple!

23 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Did you stay in Florida?  I wish you nothing but the best and much happiness.

thank you so much! Yes, I did! I’m still just outside of Tampa, near family, and the water.

22 hours ago, singinalot said:

I'm happy to still keep it pinned if that's good with you! I just settled into my new place today and life should be a lot more simple!

Good luck in your new place and all that goes with it 🙂

It'll be fun for everyone to read and enjoy a while longer with all the helpful info, images, and wonderful details.

Looking forward to the next new adventure! Solo travel is amazing, creates unforgettable and unexpected because there's an ability to be spontaneous and no worries about making choices...you do whatever you want. 

Enjoy being at home and planning the next journey. Thanks again for sharing with us. 

Colleen

• Like 2

On 10/26/2023 at 9:56 PM, singinalot said:

thank you so much! Yes, I did! I’m still just outside of Tampa, near family, and the water.

Crystal,  obviously I am slow to catching things.  I would of never caught on if you didn't post on Dani's Thread.   I know you're strong and will hang in there.  

Wish you were sailing on the Inaugural Icon cruise.   We are trying to figure out who will do a live review. 

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Crystal,  obviously I am slow to catching things.  I would of never caught on if you didn't post on Dani's Thread.   I know you're strong and will hang in there.  

Wish you were sailing on the Inaugural Icon cruise.   We are trying to figure out who will do a live review. 

Not slow at all! Thank you, friend. I wish I were too tbh! LOL 

sadly, the cost of cruising alone now is going to be way out of my budget for a while.

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

Not slow at all! Thank you, friend. I wish I were too tbh! LOL 

sadly, the cost of cruising alone now is going to be way out of my budget for a while.

Hoping prices drop so you can join us on Bella 02 - Feb. 2, 2025

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

let the planning begin!

IMG_3197.png

Excellent! I have had two trips to Portugal cancelled (2020 Covid and 2022 tour cancelled) but I'll get there one day. I hope you have a wonderful time. 

So sorry to hear about your personal life change and hope all goes well for you into the future. A trip to Portugal is something great to look forward to. 

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

let the planning begin!

IMG_3197.png

Looking at the dates makes me think you will be squeezed for time to get back and cruise on Icon with us!  😆 

Glad you are planning a fun adventure!  Are we going to be able to follow along?