Just got an email outlining the "NEW" offerings

canadarocks

To the person asking about the Medallion shipping, there is $10 shipping charge for standard, plus and premier is complimentary for those that booked on or after 12-14-22. Those booked prior have an option to upgrade, pay for shipping, or pick up at the pier. 

I hope that answers your question. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I think you missed my point.  I tried to upgrade to the new Plus plan, with the new features, and their website won't let me.  It says PURCHASED but I haven't and it won't let me.  So I guess I have to call and wait on hold for hours as I'm sure everyone is calling trying to figure out their booking.

I wonder if you can upgrade on board?

7 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

To the person asking about the Medallion shipping, there is $10 shipping charge for standard, plus and premier is complimentary for those that booked on or after 12-14-22. Those booked prior have an option to upgrade, pay for shipping, or pick up at the pier. 

Not anymore. There's no option to ship with standard fare. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Caribbean has Planks and Steamers. They have one more voyage to go before the new casual dining options are offered. 

Caribbean didn't have Planks or Steamers last fall when we sailed...so if they do now, that's an improvement.

9 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Nope.  They just changed that option on the App for standard.

No longer able to order shipping for $10.  Only option is pickup.

Here’s a copy of the screenshot I just took.

image.thumb.png.e7bfd597b2b5cfa6c231cb89941a05f9.png

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Too funny...and sad. I just received the email specifying my cruise in March of next year.

But I haven't received anything for my upcoming cruise this October.

I wonder if I will? Are they working backwards? I must say this is rather awkward...

Whatever...I'm sure I'll manage to have a good time!

I got it for our 9/29 sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I think you missed my point.  I tried to upgrade to the new Plus plan, with the new features, and their website won't let me.  It says PURCHASED but I haven't and it won't let me.  So I guess I have to call and wait on hold for hours as I'm sure everyone is calling trying to figure out their booking.

Just wait and do it the first day on the ship.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just wait and do it the first day on the ship.

So just for fun on my reservation I clicked to upgrade to Premiere.  It stated $540 for each of us for our upcoming 25 day sailing.  The $40 is for the increase in insurance!  I wonder if you wait and upgrade once you get on the ship do they charge for the increase insurance?

Edited by suzyed

I’ve been away from the boards for a while too so the email I got today did get my knickers in a knot.

I cruise in November. I thought their timing interesting as final payment for my cruise was on Friday and I get the email Monday. I wouldn’t cancel over this but what angers me the most is when I booked, these things were included. As of this afternoon they are not. 

Booked passengers should be grandfathered to whatever they booked. Princess doesn’t care about my ‘little’ standard fare. I can’t drink so any package isn’t cost effective. 

I have been a loyal Princess cruiser but Virgin matching status has peaked my interest. Any line really. Starting somewhere from scratch seems comparable to Princess taking perks away. I pay the same and get the same but at least I don’t feel $crewed over. But that may be my knotted knickers talking.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I got it for our 9/29 sailing.

Thanks for letting me know. So, as is nowadays expected with Princess (and the other lines), there is no rhyme nor reason. Just throw it at a wall and see if it sticks...<sigh>...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did what you said. Went on the app. It shows the old $50 Plus perks. I don't understand. Guess I'll call tomorrow. 

As long as what that's what you want.  If you don't you won't lose your 50.00 perks.  And I don't know when your cruise is, but if it's not in the next few weeks, you might wait to call.  But let me stress that you should only upgrade if any of the new perks matter to you.  (juice, classes, ridiculous desserts, free room service, casual dining, app activation).  For example for us, we'll probably just pay as we go because we'll probably activate the app (30.00), maybe do Planks (30.00).  That's 60.00 vs 200.00 to upgrade.  And the 60.00 will come out of OBC.

I hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I don't think that's right - I ordered my medallion well before December 22, and chose shipping, which was free.  I'm still green lane and my order history still shows my shipping address.  We're 3 weeks out, so it should ship soon, or they'll move us to blue lane.  I guess we'll see.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, suzyed said:

So just for fun on my reservation I clicked to upgrade to Premiere.  It stated $540 for each of us for our upcoming 25 day sailing.  The $40 is for the increase in insurance!  I wonder if you wait and upgrade once you get on the ship do they charge for the increase insurance?

No, we've upgraded to plus and there's just $60 pp per day. No insurance increase. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

As long as what that's what you want.  If you don't you won't lose your 50.00 perks.  And I don't know when your cruise is, but if it's not in the next few weeks, you might wait to call.  But let me stress that you should only upgrade if any of the new perks matter to you.  (juice, classes, ridiculous desserts, free room service, casual dining, app activation).  For example for us, we'll probably just pay as we go because we'll probably activate the app (30.00), maybe do Planks (30.00).  That's 60.00 vs 200.00 to upgrade.  And the 60.00 will come out of OBC.

I hope this helps.

I don't think that's right - I ordered my medallion well before December 22, and chose shipping, which was free.  I'm still green lane and my order history still shows my shipping address.  We're 3 weeks out, so it should ship soon, or they'll move us to blue lane.  I guess we'll see.

I only reported what Princess said. I guess they are unorganized per usual. 

11 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

I only reported what Princess said. I guess they are unorganized per usual. 

Exactly.  And many agents have no idea what they are talking about.

This September cruise is my last one at the 50.00 level, so I'm not going to sweat it.

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I was/am in the same boat for our Jan. 2024 cruise. Had Plus-50, couldn’t upgrade online, said “PURCHASED”,  etc. Called to upgrade, she tried to charge me $60/pp/day. Told her nope - I should only have to pay an extra $10pp/day, she checked with whomever, and came back to say yes, it’s only the $10. So she added $140 to our cruise balance and I was now upgraded. Maybe.🤪  Shows the Plus-60 on the app (but no free room service), travel summary shows SOME of the new perks but no OceanNow, casual dining or room service (called again and was ASSURED that even though all the perks weren’t listed, we do have the new pkg with ALL the perks), and my “Reservations/Purchases under Onboard Services shows Plus Beverage Pkg-50, wi-if and staff gratuities, but no OceanNow, Room service, casual dining.  The only NEW things listed are premium desserts and fitness classes (as if!😖). AND then the cherry on top — received the email this evening which stated, 

You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.”

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! At this point, I think I’m more upset about the sheer nincompoopery of this program roll-out than the cost to upgrade!  And I can’t help but worry that by the time MY cruise rolls around in 2024, this will be an even bigger cluster if they change perks and prices again!!

Best of luck to everyone who will be sailing as the staff tries to work out the kinks!!😆

• Like 7

1 hour ago, cdngrl said:

I have been a loyal Princess cruiser but Virgin matching status has peaked my interest..

Sorry, WHAT. 

Would love more info, I’m done with main line cruising after my next one. Need to upgrade my life. 
Off to google search…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Sorry, WHAT. 

Would love more info, I’m done with main line cruising after my next one. Need to upgrade my life. 
Off to google search…

Booked with Virgin yesterday, they matched elite, offered before I even thought it was an option. Two more princess cruises then I’m off to Virgin. 
looks cool. Actual all inclusive, no upselling.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, amandawalker1 said:

Booked with Virgin yesterday, they matched elite, offered before I even thought it was an option. Two more princess cruises then I’m off to Virgin. 
looks cool. Actual all inclusive, no upselling.

We have good friends, who normally sail with Celebrity, who did a Virgin cruise ealer this summer. They absolutely loved it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I notice that the letter above makes no distinction between the "old" Plus and Premier and the "new" Plus and Premier packages. It doesn't tell folks that, if they have the older packages, they will now have to pay.

4 hours ago, irishgirl said:

I got the email today, I have the Plus-50 and this was at the bottom of the email.  I cruise in 21 days.

You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.

I’m not going to upgrade, 2 pizzas aren’t worth the $144 or so it would cost to upgrade.

4 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

Yes!   That’s what mine says!

I think we can give PCL some credit for detecting various guest situations and tailoring the email to their situations. 

1 hour ago, dixiejen said:

I was/am in the same boat for our Jan. 2024 cruise. Had Plus-50, couldn’t upgrade online, said “PURCHASED”,  etc. Called to upgrade, she tried to charge me $60/pp/day. Told her nope - I should only have to pay an extra $10pp/day, she checked with whomever, and came back to say yes, it’s only the $10. So she added $140 to our cruise balance and I was now upgraded. Maybe.🤪  Shows the Plus-60 on the app (but no free room service), travel summary shows SOME of the new perks but no OceanNow, casual dining or room service (called again and was ASSURED that even though all the perks weren’t listed, we do have the new pkg with ALL the perks), and my “Reservations/Purchases under Onboard Services shows Plus Beverage Pkg-50, wi-if and staff gratuities, but no OceanNow, Room service, casual dining.  The only NEW things listed are premium desserts and fitness classes (as if!😖). AND then the cherry on top — received the email this evening which stated, 

You currently have a package that doesn’t include these new benefits. But you can easily upgrade your package in the Cruise Personalizer® to take advantage of these additional perks.”

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! At this point, I think I’m more upset about the sheer nincompoopery of this program roll-out than the cost to upgrade!  And I can’t help but worry that by the time MY cruise rolls around in 2024, this will be an even bigger cluster if they change perks and prices again!!

Best of luck to everyone who will be sailing as the staff tries to work out the kinks!!😆

Well said and exactly my point and how I feel. This is my last Princess cruise, IF I decide to make final payment and go. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

I ordered Medallions for one cruise yesterday and one cruise today (different voyages), and there's no longer a shipping option with the standard fare. It's to be picked up at the port. I wish I had taken a screenshot. Perhaps someone else will. 

OMG.  Another fine mess.  Why have they done this I wonder?  Or is it App bug #124,863?

• Haha 2