Checkin Not Complete - Will I lose my arrival time?

Maplemoose

My current documents about Online Check In state:  " guests who have not completed their online check-In forms at 3 days prior to their vacation start date are required to complete the Check-In process at the pier at least 2 hours prior to the departure time noted on their cruise documents." Getting photos loaded can be a real challenge sometimes.  this statement on page two of our reservations form makes me feel better.  Just bring your reservation confirmation form NCL if all else fails checking in online.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We do. So we can take care of our show reservations (big ships) and changes to dining reservations as needed. Then lunch before it gets too crowded. We want to be done eating early so we don’t complain about crowds. 

That is exactly why there is a huge crush at the terminal in the early hours.  

The fact remains that early arrivals spend more time waiting to board than those who arrive later.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Kinda does have bearing. People want to be early to get a low boarding group and get on the ship sooner. 

Perhaps to those who aren’t Latitudes members.  I have to wonder how many there are of those boarding?  They still would have to wait until Haven, mobility impaired, and the different levels of Latitude members board.  Just a word of caution, if you’re in none of these groups, getting to the port early will not grant you early access to boarding.

But, if your goal is to get the earliest boarding number for access after the other groups have boarded, then you’re right.

I’ve just seen it too many times where people get to the port early, are assigned a low number to board and then after waiting and waiting, getting upset when they weren’t allowed to board until after the other various groups boarded before them.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

That is exactly why there is a huge crush at the terminal in the early hours.  

The fact remains that early arrivals spend more time waiting to board than those who arrive later.

Yup, exactly what I was saying...

43 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’ve just seen it too many times where people get to the port early, are assigned a low number to board and then after waiting and waiting, getting upset when they weren’t allowed to board until after the other various groups boarded before them.

Personally, we would rather have a nice leisury breakfast and a relaxing wait in our hotel room than sit in a couple of plastic chairs in a crowded noisy terminal.  And that's if  you're lucky enough to find a place to sit.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

We did manage to download pictures that finally allowed our documents to say completed, but then both had our pictures retaken at the ship.

I had estimated our arrival time and we got there in the half hour period immediately before that time when our transfer bus arrived. No one checked arrival times on the boarding documents. They just had us all lineup and move towards the ship. It was actually very efficient. Even with having both having our pictures retaken, it seems to me we spent less time with the agent than on any previous cruise.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

What if you never download a photo?  And the checkin is stuck at 72%?

Can you just go to the port and checkin?  We probably will show up at NOLA at 11:30 or 12.

All information appreciated.

Yes, you'll be fine. It will just take an extra few minutes to check in.

I'd bring a copy of your cruise confirmation just to show security though in case they ask.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Can you just go to the port and checkin?  We probably will show up at NOLA at 11:30 or 12.

On our last breakaway from NOLA, we arrived at the port around 1115.  Very smooth embarkation.  No long lines, etc.  On a previous cruise from NOLA, we arrived arounf 0930 and stood in very long lines.  IOW, 1130 is a good time to arrive at the port.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

On our last breakaway from NOLA, we arrived at the port around 1115.  Very smooth embarkation.  No long lines, etc.  On a previous cruise from NOLA, we arrived arounf 0930 and stood in very long lines.  IOW, 1130 is a good time to arrive at the port.

I always try to show up between 11:30 and 12:30.  Lines are non existent.  At least the CAS line.  The regular line is usually pretty short also 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:16 PM, Maplemoose said:

I have checked in to my cruise on the first day in order to get an early arrival time but was unable to get security photos loaded. This can be finished at the pier but will I lose my early arrival time if that step is not completed?

@Maplemoose   I'll help you with the problem instead of trying to solve for the outcome.

When I did the family photo's I used a camera to take the picture then emailed them to myself.  When I went to do mine I couldn't find a good headshot I liked so I took one on my phone and uploaded it.  For some reason my photo wouldn't upload.  I forget the exact error but the photo was within the required pixel size requested on the NCL website.  After a couple of tries I figured out that it was the size of the picture in Megabytes that was too large.  So I emailed the picture to myself (Outlook  asked if I wanted to reduce the file size when I emailed the picture) and then I was able to upload it.  I think the original file size of the picture was something like 3 or 4 MB but the reduced file size was 550kb or something like that.

It was not an obvious thing to figure out and I only figured it out by trying a few things (Backgrounds, Colors, Piel Size...etc)  and finally looked at the file size of the file and reducing that was what worked.   Hopefully this is the issue you are having.

Good luck!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I always try to show up between 11:30 and 12:30.  Lines are non existent.  At least the CAS line.  The regular line is usually pretty short also 

that works well for NOLA.  NOLA has a very small waiting area.  Port Security closes their lines down when the waiting area is full.   We stood in line for over an hour until security started moving the line again.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, wilmingtech said:

@Maplemoose   I'll help you with the problem instead of trying to solve for the outcome.

When I did the family photo's I used a camera to take the picture then emailed them to myself.  When I went to do mine I couldn't find a good headshot I liked so I took one on my phone and uploaded it.  For some reason my photo wouldn't upload.  I forget the exact error but the photo was within the required pixel size requested on the NCL website.  After a couple of tries I figured out that it was the size of the picture in Megabytes that was too large.  So I emailed the picture to myself (Outlook  asked if I wanted to reduce the file size when I emailed the picture) and then I was able to upload it.  I think the original file size of the picture was something like 3 or 4 MB but the reduced file size was 550kb or something like that.

It was not an obvious thing to figure out and I only figured it out by trying a few things (Backgrounds, Colors, Piel Size...etc)  and finally looked at the file size of the file and reducing that was what worked.   Hopefully this is the issue you are having.

Good luck!

I encountered a problem uploading a photo from my iphone.

This was not cruise related, but a government agency in New Orleans.

My conclusion was that even though the file was tagged as a JPEG (an acceptable form) (uploaded to my PC from my phone) it would not load; somehow the automatic conversion from Apple's format was not quite on point.

I took a camera photo of the pic off my computer screen, uploaded that with no issues.

On 12/5/2023 at 3:14 PM, happy cruzer said:

I just went through this on the sky.  I had to enter a seperate line where they reviewed my docs, then a picture and off we went to wait.  Our pre-arranged check in time didn't mean anything as we were a bit late and were given a number (14).  We waited about 20 minutes and it went fast enough.

• Like 1