What are our chances on a sold out?

CM1984

If this has been addressed, I apologize!

We are on the Nieuw Statendam for the December 10-17 cruise.  Our sweet friend lost her husband in March - and they traveled a lot with us.  I was hoping we could get her a cabin, NOT at the 2 person cost for this cruise.  I checked and HAL shows this cruise sold out.

Who would be the best to contact?  A TA or the HAL directly?  I don't think the odds are in our favor, but you never know.  She is a 2-Star Mariner.  Thanks.

Mimi

VA

4 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

If this has been addressed, I apologize!

We are on the Nieuw Statendam for the December 10-17 cruise.  Our sweet friend lost her husband in March - and they traveled a lot with us.  I was hoping we could get her a cabin, NOT at the 2 person cost for this cruise.  I checked and HAL shows this cruise sold out.

Who would be the best to contact?  A TA or the HAL directly?  I don't think the odds are in our favor, but you never know.  She is a 2-Star Mariner.  Thanks.

Mimi

VA

Your odds will increase as you get closer to the final payment deadline in about a month. I don't know about a half price stateroom though. Unless one of the category OO single rooms open, pretty much everything else is double occupancy.

• Thanks 1

Sadly there is only a slim chance of getting her on this sailing let alone a good price for a single.I am booked on this sailing.

This sailings was closed 3 weeks ago I assumed because of moving people over from the canceled Nieuw Amsterdam cruises and it would reopen.. But the time is up for them to move. All categories are waitlisted. I spoke with HAL a few days ago and was told yes in fact it was currently sold out with a wait list for several categories. They are not totally closing it as of yet since it is prior to final but they suspect that if there are cancellations those waitlisted may easily fill the ship.

Your best bet is for this person to call into HAl or a TA and ask to be wait listed but not to expect special pricing. The Waitlist can be done for several categories and usually requires a refundable deposit of $100 to show you are serious. They will not quote you a price till you clear the wait list, if you do clear then you are normally given 3 days to accept or decline.

Thank you everyone, I will have her call HAL directly……(if she wants to go through the process and expect to pay for a cabin for two 🤦🏼‍♂️)

Edited by CM1984
  • Like 1

There are 12 single Oceanview staterooms on the Nieuw Statendam.  They are located in front on the main deck.  You could ask for one of these cabins or ask to be put on a waiting list.  These cabins are usually difficult to book and I don't know how much you would save if you can book one.

Edited by breakiron
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, breakiron said:

There are 12 single Oceanview staterooms on the Nieuw Statendam.  They are located in front on the main deck.  You could ask for one of these cabins or ask to be put on a waiting list.  These cabins are usually difficult to book and I don't know how much you would save if you can book one.

or better yet ask her if she doesn';t have a good friend or ? to share a room with her?

• Like 3