Mariner Early booking OBC

mcrcruiser

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

We have 2 cruises ,one is a 18 Day Hawaii cruise & the other is a 14 day Mexico & vCoastal Calif cruise .We booked very early .what should be the Mariner early booking on board credits ?

TIA

You get the Mariner early booking bonus when you book in the first 90 days after the launch - so really really early. You will have to ask HAL or check back to see the release dates for your cruises to see if you are eligible.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals_CAD/mariner-early-booking-bonus.html

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

You get the Mariner early booking bonus when you book in the first 90 days after the launch - so really really early. You will have to ask HAL or check back to see the release dates for your cruises to see if you are eligible.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals_CAD/mariner-early-booking-bonus.html

Hi there

How do you know if you are within the 90 days from launch date (how do you know when was the launch date), or is it just shown when you do your booking?

26 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi there

How do you know if you are within the 90 days from launch date (how do you know when was the launch date), or is it just shown when you do your booking?

Lately the early booking bonus has exceeded the 90 days depending on booking levels. You can do a mock booking and when you get to the point of choosing the HIA option you should see the bonus if still available. Here is a screen shot from our August 2024 Volendam cruise and it still has the Early Booking Bonus available more than 6 months after releasing the cruise, we booked in February.

image.thumb.png.d3281fbb4d5cd2efcc096b54aa226302.png

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi there

If you do a search for cruises (plan on the HAL website) instead of selecting all cruises, you can select the early booking bonus.  It won’t tell you when they launched but it will tell you the cruises that are eligible.  Screenshot below:

IMG_0854.thumb.jpeg.8247c42ebb09e3ab8c3c8f8a37e55d18.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Lately the early booking bonus has exceeded the 90 days depending on booking levels. You can do a mock booking and when you get to the point of choosing the HIA option you should see the bonus if still available. Here is a screen shot from our August 2024 Volendam cruise and it still has the Early Booking Bonus available more than 6 months after releasing the cruise, we booked in February.

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you do a search for cruises (plan on the HAL website) instead of selecting all cruises, you can select the early booking bonus.  It won’t tell you when they launched but it will tell you the cruises that are eligible.  Screenshot below:

IMG_0854.thumb.jpeg.8247c42ebb09e3ab8c3c8f8a37e55d18.jpeg

Thank you for your answers. It shows clearly. I guess my trip doesn't get it.

• Like 1

If you believe you are entitled to the early booking OBC then the only way that I have found to check the 'Release Date' of a cruise is to look for the Press Release which announced the Location and Season e.g. Alaska 2024.

It won't give an precise release date but a good approximation.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/media-center/news-releases?b0360944_field_nir_news_category[value][]=4081&b0360944_year[value]=_none&op=Filter&b0360944_widget_id=b0360944&form_build_id=form-e7c5RpmgxTdXkr4jzv5GctJf46kj3UmCLVkJ45b30gw&form_id=widget_form_base

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

That Early Bonus isn't the same as what the OP was refering to (I thought) - there are 2 bonuses associated with being early, The one as you show above, and also the "Mariner Loyalty" early bonus OBC which is only available if you have a Mariner number and you book within 90 days of launch. You can "double-dip" by being within the 90days of launch and get both.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

That Early Bonus isn't the same as what the OP was refering to (I thought) - there are 2 bonuses associated with being early, The one as you show above, and also the "Mariner Loyalty" early bonus OBC which is only available if you have a Mariner number and you book within 90 days of launch. You can "double-dip" by being within the 90days of launch and get both.

I think everyone who gets the Early booking bonus ends up double dipping if they are a Mariner.  The specials on the HIA with crew incentive and elite beverage and premium package is only available in that same time line as the Mariner Loyalty bonus.  At least, that is my understanding and that’s how it worked on my 2025 booking.  It was honestly a fluke - a friend told me about the cruise and I liked the itinerary and booked.  I didn’t even realize it was in the 90 day window until I got to the dummy booking and my TA confirmed all.

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

I think everyone who gets the Early booking bonus ends up double dipping if they are a Mariner.  The specials on the HIA with crew incentive and elite beverage and premium package is only available in that same time line as the Mariner Loyalty bonus.  At least, that is my understanding and that’s how it worked on my 2025 booking.  It was honestly a fluke - a friend told me about the cruise and I liked the itinerary and booked.  I didn’t even realize it was in the 90 day window until I got to the dummy booking and my TA confirmed all.

What if you are in the within the 90 day window but book cruise only? Do you get the Mariner Loyalty Bonus?

4 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

What if you are in the within the 90 day window but book cruise only? Do you get the Mariner Loyalty Bonus?

You would need to read the terms and conditions carefully for the answer to that question, I think or call HAL, your TA or your PCC.

13 minutes ago, kazu said:

The HIA early bonus offering extends well past the first 90 days after the launch For example, we just had a March 2025 cruise with Celebrity for the Caribbean, so came poking on HAL's site for a winter escape replacement. Those cruises were released back in March (so long past 90 days) but they still offer the early booking bonus, but we wouldn't get the Mariner loyalty bonus. 

43 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

The HIA early bonus offering extends well past the first 90 days after the launch For example, we just had a March 2025 cruise with Celebrity for the Caribbean, so came poking on HAL's site for a winter escape replacement. Those cruises were released back in March (so long past 90 days) but they still offer the early booking bonus, but we wouldn't get the Mariner loyalty bonus. 

Interesting.  thanks.  I thought the Early booking bonus died after the 90 days. Good to know 🙂 

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Interesting.  thanks.  I thought the Early booking bonus died after the 90 days. Good to know 🙂 

In fact, I can see fall 2024 cruises that still have Early Booking bonus available. I don't think they have a hard rule for offering "Early", and I suspect it depends somewhat on availability. 

• Like 2

Thanks every one for4 your replies . so we should get $200 per cruise of 18 & 14 days booked very early .We don't take the HIA because candidly we can't  make use of the drink or wifi packages & we rather do private tours were we can . I have to book early to secure a VH handicap & the use Club Orange to upgrade ,That is where we splurge is on C,O.

• Like 2