Compensation for lost laundry?

Nodakboiler

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

I use a black or white laundry pen.   It doesn’t get packed unless it has our mark - we use DH’s initials.  If it ever goes missing we can always show them what to look for 

I never thought of that, but we rarely send anything of importance.  So if it goes missing, we will survive.

I had my laundry bag held up for a few days on our last cruise. After waiting 2 days, the cabin steward knocked on our door to say that I had miscounted the number of items (I had) and now that he'd talked to me, the laundry would be brought to the cabin. It was there within an hour of his confirming with us that I had miscounted. When something happens, your cabin steward is your best friend. 😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Also currently on Nieuw Statendam.  Sent laundry out the evening of 15th August and still not returned as evening of 17th draws to a close.  Never taken this long before.  Should I be worried? or does it prove that again we overpacked!🙄

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Also currently on Nieuw Statendam.  Sent laundry out the evening of 15th August and still not returned as evening of 17th draws to a close.  Never taken this long before.  Should I be worried? or does it prove that again we overpacked!🙄

I send my first message at hour 60.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

It took up to 48 hours when I was on the Koningsdam but usually there within that and often less.

If you haven’t received it by now, I would inquire of your cabin steward.  It might be they are backed up - but, he who doesn’t ask…..

I doubt you over packed 😉 

• Like 1