Where to view OBC? (RC Credit Card Points Redemption)

Hello there fellow cruisers, and thank you in advance for any help.

I am on Serenade in 1.5 weeks and redeemed some of my RC Credit Card (Bank of America) points for OBC.
Where am I able to see that OBC on the RC site/cruise docs/etc?

I just did it this morning, so I am sure it hasn't been updated yet, but I want to make sure it's there before I cruise since it was through BOA and not RC.

The last thing I want to do on embark day is try to get it all straightened out.

2 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

I have the same question about some My Rewards I sent in.  I am expecting $100 obc but it's been 2 weeks since I submitted the form.  Does anyone know if there's a phone number I can call?

try crown & anchor  800 526 9723

I noticed on the points I redeemed in April, my OBC didn't post until after the credit card statement date.  On 7/20/23 (2 days before my statement date) I redeemed more points and they have not yet posted to my OBC.  I'm curious to see if they will post after my August statement.  

I sail on 9/8/23 so I gave RCL a call.  The customer service rep told me that my points may not post until 2 weeks before my cruise date.  I'll be patient a little bit longer, but at that 2 week mark, I will be calling back if my points haven't posted.  😃

When in 2015, I booked & paid for a 2016 cruise for everyone in our family of 17, I put the deposits and final payments on 2 RC credit cards.  At one point we had ALOT of points, enough for 2 free 3 or 4 day cruises.  In 2019 I used some for a cruise on Allure, and had a cruise planned for 2020.  (And was unaware that those points had an expiration date!)   But in 2020, covid hit & cruise lines shut down.  During that awful period, most of our points expired.  I didn't realize points expired, but absolutely no way to use them.  I assumed (WRONG) that our points would be extended due to cruise shut down.   But NO!!  I tried to talk to Royal about it & was told no, that I had to talk to the Bank.   And the Bank said talk to Royal.   And both places said NO!   SO, if you have that card -- remember the points disappear in 5 years.    And now I don't use those cards anymore!

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

On 8/20/2023 at 8:59 PM, triplemom3 said:

I redeemed $250 in beginning of June and sail 9/22 and it has still not posted. Almost forgot about it! Will have to check it out this week! Thank you for the phone number!

If you booked direct with RCL, you should get an updated booking invoice that shows the OBC, and it will also show up in your cruise planner. If you booked with a TA, they will get the updated invoice.

I'm going to make this very elementary. I have a RCI cruised booked for November. Before my last cruise I decided I needed a second credit card in case for some reason my credit card was frozen. Since I had a RCI cruise booked I decided why not get the points that I can redeem for my next cruise without any annual fees. I paid off my November cruise and charged another large purchase of more than $5,000. I paid the entire balance prior to due date.

How do I redeem points? Are the points available online as soon as the bill is paid or does it take time to post? Who do I call, the credit card company or RCI? Is this all done online, with whom? How does the OBC get linked to the booking?

Thanks for helping a newbie figure out what to do.