On Vista (August 18 - 30, 2023) British Isles

Hanoj

Boarded about 2.5  hours ago, expecting access to our B3 stateroom in about 30 minutes. We are enjoying a break in the weather in loungers on deck 14. Outdoor areas have considerable black exhaust soot that has the crew very active cleaning. We got covers for the loungers from one of the crew - he offered. Ship arrived in port yesterday morning. There were thunderstorms overnight but the outdoor areas are drying nicely. 

We had a nice lunch in the Aquamar Kitchen with delightful pumpkin spice cappuccinos made with Laird superfoods and oat milk (as an alternative to dairy).

We used the pickle ball court and the wind makes for interesting play. We had good laughs just practicing. 

Attached is a photo of a broken pane on deck 16 aft just beyond the golf driving range. Can’t help wonder if club slipped someone’s grip. 

Vista is beautiful. The colors are lighter and brighter than the impressions I formed from photos and videos. 

I’m posting using my cellular plan. Don’t know what to expect once we are underway and we will only have one Wi-Fi access. 

E1D1859A-6063-4F56-A18C-D382B9B99C1E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if they had some rough weather  that could have caused the panel to shatter?

We had that happen on the Marina  during a crossing  

Enjoy the cruise

Any chance we will get snow on our Vista 9/29? 😉

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

Steve ...check page 1 of CURRENTS.  There are time in port changes for several ports. 

Miriam 

Hi Miriam. I see we’re losing a total of 6 hours port time across 3 of 10 ports compared to the scheduled itinerary when booking this cruise. One hour less each morning at Kirkwall, Dublin, and Portland and three hours less evening time in Dublin.

2 hours ago, Hanoj said:

Hi Miriam. I see we’re losing a total of 6 hours port time across 3 of 10 ports compared to the scheduled itinerary when booking this cruise. One hour less each morning at Kirkwall, Dublin, and Portland and three hours less evening time in Dublin.

Ugh on the Dublin 🙃. If you can reach out to me (9035).

We wanted something quick and easy for dinner last night and had an excellent pizza at Waves. I have a wheat allergy and they were very accommodating and the gluten free crust was as good as the best we’ve had on land and better than most. DW could have ordered her own pizza on normal crust but she was willing to have GF. She thought it was excellent too. The waiter suggested we could order different toppings for each 1/2 so we did. 

We got to the venue about 15 minutes early thinking we might be turned away since not yet open, but the waiter said we could be seated and even brought us water while we waited. He promptly took our order at 6:30. Service was excellent. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Enjoyed Ember last night.  Excellent beef filet, cooked perfectly medium, with baked potato and corn on the cob.  Had a 6:30pm seating with shared table with another couple.  Absolutely no push/rush during meal.  We were there for 1hour 45 minutes.  I found ambiance quite pleasant,  YMMV.

• Like 9

Room service and cabin attendants have been very attentive. We have a travel WaterPik (120v US plug) and the only outlet in the bathroom is 120v European style. We called housekeeping last night and there was an adapter installed after our attendant made up our room this morning!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

well, we had snow in August on holiday in Wales many years ago! I think you'll be ok though. 

It was an inside joke. It snowed on a TA we went on. Fun to watch crew some of whom had never seen snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Pearl64 said:

In regards to masks, we are wearing ours and have seen some others. Elevators are very crowded at times. One just never knows.

We just returned home from Barcelona on a cruise and there was a lot of coughing, Husband just tested positive. Seems like just an annoying cold but I would so recommend masks in airport and on shuttle buses and places where you are crammed in. To each his own however…

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cactuscath24 said:

We just returned home from Barcelona on a cruise and there was a lot of coughing, Husband just tested positive. Seems like just an annoying cold but I would so recommend masks in airport and on shuttle buses and places where you are crammed in. To each his own however…

Was this also on an Oceania cruise?

Hanoj--thanks for your posts.  Are you traveling under the "Simply More" plan? I wonder if you could post the free wine/beer package that is included with the SM sailings? Interested in just what wines are offered free at lunch and dinner.

39 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

Hanoj--thanks for your posts.  Are you traveling under the "Simply More" plan? I wonder if you could post the free wine/beer package that is included with the SM sailings? Interested in just what wines are offered free at lunch and dinner.

No one gets SM until Oct 1st

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

The wine and beer offerings are any of the "by the glass" wines offered onboard....there is not a separate wine list for those on a package (house select or SM).  If you google, the current wine by the glass menu has been posted several times.

On 8/19/2023 at 9:16 AM, tigerfan75 said:

Enjoyed Ember last night.  Excellent beef filet, cooked perfectly medium, with baked potato and corn on the cob.  Had a 6:30pm seating with shared table with another couple.  Absolutely no push/rush during meal.  We were there for 1hour 45 minutes.  I found ambiance quite pleasant,  YMMV.

We also enjoyed Ember (day 3). Table for two at 6:30 pm. We each ordered the beef tenderloin and ours were also cooked perfectly medium. Our waiter asked us to check if it was cooked to our liking before leaving our table. Restaurant manager also came by and enquired about our satisfaction. The staff were very attentive and eager to please. We liked the ambiance and it wasn’t too loud, though the restaurant was not full. We would definitely go back!

• Like 10