Explorer of the Seas Suite vs Diamond lounges

Carol28

We are Diamond members and we booked a suite. I'm wondering if there are two different venues? Does one offer more than the other? On one ship, I think it was the Radiance, both lounges were in the same area and we freely moved from one to the other. I believe the Suite lounge offered a cocktail hour and the Diamond lounge did not. The Diamond lounge had appetizers. (And we met wonderful people in both!) I looked on Youtube and I saw a video of the Voyager of the Seas lounge that looked very nice with windows. On this Cruisecritic site, someone said the suite lounge in in the interior of the ship. My DH and I were just discussing which ship has an interior Suite lounge and we cannot figure it out. (Too many cruises!)  In any case, what does the Explorer offer?

I'm sorry this is too long, but it was fun to write!

26 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We are Diamond members and we booked a suite. I'm wondering if there are two different venues? Does one offer more than the other? On one ship, I think it was the Radiance, both lounges were in the same area and we freely moved from one to the other. I believe the Suite lounge offered a cocktail hour and the Diamond lounge did not. The Diamond lounge had appetizers. (And we met wonderful people in both!) I looked on Youtube and I saw a video of the Voyager of the Seas lounge that looked very nice with windows. On this Cruisecritic site, someone said the suite lounge in in the interior of the ship. My DH and I were just discussing which ship has an interior Suite lounge and we cannot figure it out. (Too many cruises!)  In any case, what does the Explorer offer?

I'm sorry this is too long, but it was fun to write!

2 different venues.  Diamond lounge on deck 5 forward and Suite lounge on deck 14, with windows.  If you go to deck plans for your ship on the app you will see where they are.  I haven’t been in the suite lounge in a long time so can't tell you what they have but suspect similar to Diamond lounge.  The difference is you don't have to use your Diamond vouchers for drinks in the Suite lounge but will in the Diamond Lounge. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

The difference is you don't have to use your Diamond vouchers for drinks in the Suite lounge but will in the Diamond Lounge. 

Thank you!  Is there a cocktail hour in the Suite Lounge when we don't have to use our vouchers?

2 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Thank you!  Is there a cocktail hour in the Suite Lounge when we don't have to use our vouchers?

Yes, it should be roughly 5-8pm. Open bar, no vouchers required.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Diamond lounge on deck 5 forward

When did RC move the DL from deck 14 to deck 5? Still on deck 14 2022 and still showing the DL on deck 14 on RCs website for ships and deck plans. 

Edited by doghog

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

When did RC move the DL from deck 14 to deck 5? Still on deck 14 2022 and still showing the DL on deck 14 on RCs website for ships and deck plans. 

Ok so I got it wrong.  On Voyager downstairs. On Liberty downstairs. 

21 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok so I got it wrong.  On Voyager downstairs. On Liberty downstairs. 

Liberty DL is deck 14. 

All Freedom class, plus Adventure and Mariner, have DL and SL on deck 14.

Voyager and Navigator DL on deck 5, SL on deck 14.

Explore DL on deck 14, CL on deck 9.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Liberty DL is deck 14. 

All Freedom class, plus Adventure and Mariner, have DL and SL on deck 14.

Voyager and Navigator DL on deck 5, SL on deck 14.

Explore DL on deck 14, CL on deck 9.

Ok. Sorry.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Quick question.  We are booked in a Jr Suite on Explorer.  Can we also use the CL?  Thanks!!

Yes, if you are Pinnacle.  Then again, if Pinnie numbers are too high, they are excluded.   D+ lost CL access months ago...permanently.  

Otherwise you must be in a Grand Suite or higher.  JS do not count..as they are not full suite.  

We were in a GS on the recent Explorer TA from Miami to Rome.  The DL on 14 is a great venue with floor to ceiling windows and an outdoor area just aft.  On our cruise the DL was very crowded during the evening so we frequented the CL midships on 9 where the drinks did not count against our D+ vouchers.  We did use the DL for coffee and breakfast tidbits and occasionally just to relax during the day.  Evening snacks in the DL and CL are identical as are the coffee machines.  The CL has no windows and is a bit small, but on our TA they moved Pinnacles to a dedicated venue in Dizzy's (Viking Crown) in front of the DL.  The DL uses Dizzy's extensive bar, so you can get about anything you want, but the CL has its own limited set of liquors, though they are generally high-end.  The CL staff was great, and would go elsewhere to get you something else if you really wanted it, but obviously that would slow everything down, so we stayed with the offerings on the shelf.  The mood in the CL was very nice, and we all tried to mix up seating every night to make sure we had a chance meet and talk with everyone.  We ended up in the CL just about every evening on our fifteen night TA.

A JS does not qualify for the CL unless you are Pinnacle, and even then I have seen Pins moved to their own venue on several recent cruises.  .  

/Greg

23 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

We were in a GS on the recent Explorer TA from Miami to Rome.  The DL on 14 is a great venue with floor to ceiling windows and an outdoor area just aft.  On our cruise the DL was very crowded during the evening so we frequented the CL midships on 9 where the drinks did not count against our D+ vouchers.  We did use the DL for coffee and breakfast tidbits and occasionally just to relax during the day.  Evening snacks in the DL and CL are identical as are the coffee machines.  The CL has no windows and is a bit small, but on our TA they moved Pinnacles to a dedicated venue in Dizzy's (Viking Crown) in front of the DL.  The DL uses Dizzy's extensive bar, so you can get about anything you want, but the CL has its own limited set of liquors, though they are generally high-end.  The CL staff was great, and would go elsewhere to get you something else if you really wanted it, but obviously that would slow everything down, so we stayed with the offerings on the shelf.  The mood in the CL was very nice, and we all tried to mix up seating every night to make sure we had a chance meet and talk with everyone.  We ended up in the CL just about every evening on our fifteen night TA.

A JS does not qualify for the CL unless you are Pinnacle, and even then I have seen Pins moved to their own venue on several recent cruises.  .  

/Greg

We only used the CL for coffee in the morning.  Maybe a bottle of water.  We preferred to sit at the VCL bar for happy hour, which is very nice on EX, and just use our vouchers there.  Love the new voucher program, since you can use them anytime, at any bar.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Explorer Concierge Lounge CL (SL)

Deck 9 (as it was June 2022)

IMG_3778.thumb.jpeg.2bceb19aaefc37ec232e1215a08f5dda.jpeg

IMG_3779.thumb.jpeg.adbda6a2cec71404ed67fd039cba2a8d.jpeg

IMG_3780.thumb.jpeg.005928c3b7ee918ddce5028354b7506c.jpeg

Deck 14 Diamond Lounge (DL)

IMG_3704.thumb.jpeg.ef7d10a1f2b683819cfd203e68215e64.jpeg

Hello,

RIP the former Concierge Lounge on Independence of the Seas (Deck 10).TheformerCLonIndy.thumb.jpg.662a42ce795a5e2ef6095a7529717502.jpg

Regards,

Cublet

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes, if you are Pinnacle.  Then again, if Pinnie numbers are too high, they are excluded.   D+ lost CL access months ago...permanently.  

Otherwise you must be in a Grand Suite or higher.  JS do not count..as they are not full suite.  

Thanks for the clarification.  Have just recently cruised/booked Jr Suites.  I thought Jr Suites weren't eligible for Suites Lounge, but want to be sure we aren't missing out.  Thanks!! 😄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Have just recently cruised/booked Jr Suites.  I thought Jr Suites weren't eligible for Suites Lounge, but want to be sure we aren't missing out.  Thanks!! 😄

You are most welcome.  Believe it or not, Diamonds were allowed into the CL years ago.  Way before RCI introduced the DL.  When they were kicked out, RCI created the "Diamond Event"...which was just a section of a public lounge for 2-3 hours.  Just beer and wine and "pub munchies". 

Then they came up with the keyed entry Diamond lounges.  D+ had been allowed into the CL until just a few months ago.  Then the new ships started the Suites Lounge.  D+ never allowed in those.   Just Grand Suites and above and Pinnacles.  

Now...Pinnacles not even allowed in when their numbers are high. Things change.  Not always for the better.   20 years "loyal to Royal"....now we are booking with Viking. 😉 

8 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Can they make fancy martinis? Or even a Cosmo?

Well, they made my DW a chocolate then a lavender martini, but those are not very high on the scale of "fancy". I do not know about Cosmos, but they were making most stock cocktails that were requested except for ones that required a blender.  

On 8/21/2023 at 5:15 AM, island lady said:

Very stupid question.  My husband and I are in a Grand Suite for a Sept 2024 sailing Barcelona to Rome.  Does this mean we can access the Diamond, Suite and Concierge Lounge?  This first class cruising is new to us, although I almost always fly business or first on long distances.  I travelled full time for 30 years so cannot take being back in coach for anything longer than 4 hours.