Response from Princess to email re changes

rosevew

37 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Yes to be honest we like another line better but we really liked that there was this complimentary dining option for lunch, it really made our cruise and is something Princess does that other lines do not do.

We didn’t experience the long lines like others have because we went on port days when we got back say mid afternoon. We loved the alternative lunch option, it was great. 

I know it’s not very expensive but it just feels like they are taking more away from the experience. I’d rather pay more for the cruise in the first place and know that everything’s included.

Princess has that - it's called the Premier option - 2 SD options for any length cruise - any additional you pay for

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nnzz said:

But the fine print excludes flightseeing tours.  We have always been refunded our other tours immediately upon boarding but have never reserved a flightseeing tour so I assume we will not be refunded the 10% for that tour

Fine print also excludes debarkation tours prior to arriving at the airport.  Hadn't read the fine print until it was posted on this topic.  Will never have a flightseeing tour but maybe one day try a debarkation tour.

1 hour ago, nnzz said:

But the fine print excludes flightseeing tours.  We have always been refunded our other tours immediately upon boarding but have never reserved a flightseeing tour so I assume we will not be refunded the 10% for that tour

I did not catch that. Thanks

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

For example, if I'm looking for a hotel stay and they charge a "resort fee", I look elsewhere. However, as long as a sufficient number of people will pony up the resort fee, the hotel is charging what the traffic will bear and there is no incentive for them to change their pricing structure.  

Funny you should mention Resort Fee, we had a hotel stay during Covid and all pools and restaurants except the Pub were closed. I notice after the fact that we were still charged a Resort Fee!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, it's $12. Here's the menu:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 8.51.37 AM.png

What you have posted looks like the initial release of a draft menu (was posted in another thread in this Forum).  It also looks like an Alfredo menu from a Grand Class ship as those venues only have the one App and one Dessert.  There are more choices on a Royal Class ship.

Not trying to be difficult, but is your post a photo of an actual menu from an actual ship?

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Is it the pizza that is charged?  

What if:

I have lunch with someone who has a Plus or Premier package, orders a pizza (no cost), and shares it with me. Will there be a split charge?  Per Person charge?

@Cruise Raider reported there's no sharing of packages. Both of you would have to order from the a la carte menu or the have the casual dining credits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

@Cruise Raider reported there's no sharing of packages. Both of you would have to order from the a la carte menu or the have the casual dining credits.

bummer.  You would think that one of Princess' goals is to reduce waste.  How many order but never eat an entire pizza?

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

What you have posted looks like the initial release of a draft menu (was posted in another thread in this Forum).  It also looks like an Alfredo menu from a Grand Class ship as those venues only have the one App and one Dessert.  There are more choices on a Royal Class ship.

Not trying to be difficult, but is your post a photo of an actual menu from an actual ship?

The $8.50 you've seen is the new room service offerings for pizza. I believe there are four choices. 

Screenshot 2023-08-23 12.15.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-23 12.17.21 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-23 12.17.54 PM.png

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

bummer.  You would think that one of Princess' goals is to reduce waste.  How many order but never eat an entire pizza?

Apparently too many people, or we wouldn't be in this mess!  

Seriously, we've seen an incredible amount of waste at Alfredos, and saw this coming. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The $8.50 you've seen is the new room service offerings for pizza. I believe there are four choices. 

I have seen a menu on Ocean Now indicating $8.50/pizza, true enough.

But I have also seen photo of actual Alfredo menu from Sapphire and it indicates $8.50/pizza.  There was also a report from Discovery that indicated $8.50/pizza, plus 2 or 3 more upscale special pizzas for $12.

I'd like to say at least the jury is still out and would love to see another live report from another ship as many more have now hit the date of implementation.

You have still not indicated that your menu shots are taken live from a ship restaurant.  They look much like the preview menus I saved off into PDF's that were posted elsewhere in this forum last month.

5 minutes ago, memoak said:

Very few grand class ships have a pizza restaurant 

I'll know next month what the pizza is like when we board the Grand Princess for their Australian season.  We are going standard fare for the first month, then 2 Plus 50's and 1 Plus 60.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I have seen a menu on Ocean Now indicating $8.50/pizza, true enough.

But I have also seen photo of actual Alfredo menu from Sapphire and it indicates $8.50/pizza.  There was also a report from Discovery that indicated $8.50/pizza, plus 2 or 3 more upscale special pizzas for $12.

I'd like to say at least the jury is still out and would love to see another live report from another ship as many more have now hit the date of implementation.

You have still not indicated that your menu shots are taken live from a ship restaurant.  They look much like the preview menus I saved off into PDF's that were posted elsewhere in this forum last month.

Isn't Discovery the only ship which has Gigi's?  

They're screenshots. 

$8.50 were for OceanNow app pizzas. They were similar toppings to Gigi's/Alfredo's, not your boring cheese, pepperoni, etc, that were previously $3.

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Isn't Discovery the only ship which has Gigi's?  

They're screenshots. 

$8.50 were for OceanNow app pizzas. They were similar toppings to Gigi's/Alfredo's, not your boring cheese, pepperoni, etc, that were previously $3.

Fine.  But I read reports of actual menus and there was a photo in one case.  This is from the restaurant and not the OceanNow screen shot.  

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Fine.  But I read reports of actual menus and there was a photo in one case.  This is from the restaurant and not the OceanNow screen shot.  

Here is the actual menu from the sapphire posted by PescadoAmarillo on her blog.  $8.50 for pizza 

image.thumb.jpeg.81b1f9d8e22f25692f7061c8d9da4633.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

We’ve heard much the same from those at the Salty Dog price regarding the price fixed menu.  We’d each have to order our own food from the a la carte menu.  I’m absolutely fine with that.  Our upcoming cruises, we have the premier package so I’m sure that will be just fine to order just one dish vs the 3 course meal.  

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Funny you should mention Resort Fee, we had a hotel stay during Covid and all pools and restaurants except the Pub were closed. I notice after the fact that we were still charged a Resort Fee!

You should have asked for the resort fee back.  We have under those circumstances.

It really only is comparable to what is happening now is if you already booked and paid for your hotel and right before you get there they decide to charge you the fee which was not previously part of your booking.

17 minutes ago, rosevew said:

That is not an official source and is simply a reproduction of the draft PDF menus that TA could get hold of back in July.  There is zero proof that pizza's are $12 on ships other than the exception case I mentioned for Gigi's.  IDK why you would think that 3rd party website is a correct or best source.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

That is not an official source and is simply a reproduction of the draft PDF menus that TA could get hold of back in July.  There is zero proof that pizza's are $12 on ships other than the exception case I mentioned for Gigi's.  IDK why you would think that 3rd party website is a correct or best source.

IDK why you disbelieve it. Clearly issued by Princess so why would they issue it if not what they were offering. Third party website is as likely to be as reliable as the official Princess one, I'd say.