15% off through Chase

Eli_6

6 hours ago, alterego816 said:

Update: I tried again, and it was cancelled again. Looks like I'm calling back tomorrow.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to buy gift cards.  BUT, I could make a payment onto my cruise.  Took about a week to cycle thru, but I got the rebate.  It showed up as a credit on my card.

I do have this offer as well. Never bought gift cards through Carnival. So I clicked on the offer on the Chase card offer that sends me to Carnival, correct? Then I log in and go to the e-gift cards for myself to do this? I'm a little confused, thanks for any help. Just wanted to make sure to get the credit. 

3 minutes ago, boohicks said:

I do have this offer as well. Never bought gift cards through Carnival. So I clicked on the offer on the Chase card offer that sends me to Carnival, correct? Then I log in and go to the e-gift cards for myself to do this? I'm a little confused, thanks for any help. Just wanted to make sure to get the credit. 

Yes - make sure to purchase the Gift Cards through the Carnival Site.  I had them send actual gift cards instead of the virtual ones, but you can do either.  I got my credit within a few days.  

4 minutes ago, boohicks said:

Thank you!!  Is it easier to use actual gift card then e-gift cards? Our cruise isn.t until Jan.

Probably not.  I am just old fashioned and like having the actual gift card...  I currently have 3 Carnival Cruises booked and not sure when I will use them, so like having the card instead.  (wishing though I would have bought a few smaller $ amount cards instead of 1 - $800 card)  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

Probably not.  I am just old fashioned and like having the actual gift card...  I currently have 3 Carnival Cruises booked and not sure when I will use them, so like having the card instead.  (wishing though I would have bought a few smaller $ amount cards instead of 1 - $800 card)  

If you have an iPhone you can add them to apple wallet.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:04 PM, alterego816 said:

Update: I tried again, and it was cancelled again. Looks like I'm calling back tomorrow.

2nd update: called again and was told they'll email me when the issue is resolved.  I'm not holding my breath that said email will ever be sent.

OK...mine is a NZ cruise & everything is in AUS $.

Has anyone had success doing this w/ AUS $? 
(I know I can't buy AARP GC's as they won't let them thru on AUS $)

I see nothing in the fine print on my SWA card...pretty much figuring I'm going to get these excursions anyway...but I'd bump up to use the max Chase allows with Cruise Cash if I know it will work!

Edited by KKB

Has anyone successfully redeemed the Chase offer through pre-paid purchases for an upcoming cruise? E.g., by pre-paying for internet or cruise cash? I bought $100 worth of cruise cash on Carnival.com for an upcoming cruise, and the transaction shows up as CARNIVAL - THE FUN SHOP.

When I initially paid for the cruise itself, the transaction showed up as CARNIVAL CRUISE TKT/RES, and Chase successfully credited my account for that one.

Hoping that the Carnival - Fun Shop purchase is also eligible to be credited...

4 hours ago, tc273 said:

Has anyone successfully redeemed the Chase offer through pre-paid purchases for an upcoming cruise? E.g., by pre-paying for internet or cruise cash? I bought $100 worth of cruise cash on Carnival.com for an upcoming cruise, and the transaction shows up as CARNIVAL - THE FUN SHOP.

When I initially paid for the cruise itself, the transaction showed up as CARNIVAL CRUISE TKT/RES, and Chase successfully credited my account for that one.

Hoping that the Carnival - Fun Shop purchase is also eligible to be credited...

Yes....I bought Cheers for an upcoming cruise and received the credit.  It also shows up as the Fun Shops.

10 minutes ago, carohs said:

I finally have an offer on my Amazon Chase card! I tried to buy a GC from the carnival site and it keeps getting canceled. At this point I'm not sure it's worth the effort when I can simply buy GC through AARP.

only worth using the Chase offer it if you got the 15% one, mine was only 10%

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ngrund said:

only worth using the Chase offer it if you got the 15% one, mine was only 10%

I can't use AARP gift cards in Austraila...have my fingers crossed I get my 10% with this!

Concerning...they show up as "Shore ExAUD" or "Bon Voyage" in THREE DIFFERENT TRANSACTIONS (even tho I made it in one) on my credit card statement...doesn't look promising that it will trigger with those...ugh.

UGH--I JUST REALIZED MY HUSBAND'S CARD HAD THE 15%🤬

And the site says it won't be up until tomorrow.
THAT is INFURIATING.

Edited by KKB

1 hour ago, TeresaJ said:

I had success with this offer on my card. I paid a lump sum on my upcoming January cruise and I received the maximum $129.00 credit 7 days later on my Chase account. Thanks for the sharing!!

Me, too. Just got the $129 credit back a couple of days ago. I think the trick is to do it one transaction and just put it towards the cruise.

• Like 1