Anyone on the Emerald Princess right now?

suzyed

Currently on the Emerald . Boarded September 9 for New England/Canada. In a reserve mini. Room is spacious. Lights go on and off at will ( several strange situations. If your foot falls off the bed at night this causes the lights to go on! But the worst ( and I loved Princess in the past, this is our 35th cruise). Is an old lumpy mattress. I have alerted housekeeping and the hotel manager. If they don’t replace it , I will be sleeping in the Wheelhouse bar with  a big sign. I had to place a pillow lengthwise under my back to get through the night. 

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Currently on the Emerald . Boarded September 9 for New England/Canada. In a reserve mini. Room is spacious. Lights go on and off at will... But the worst...Is an old lumpy mattress. I have alerted housekeeping and the hotel manager.

We were on the Emerald in August. Yes, those lights are annoying. Use the two small accent pillows from the bed to stuff over the bedside lights. I used an earplug container to put over the hallway sensor, but if you have some dark masking tape that will work. I wouldn't use something that leaves a residue, meaning something like band-aids. Your cabin steward should have some dark-colored tape.

We had a couple of maintenance issues and Passenger Services got things done for us. Ask there about the mattress. If the ship isn't full, they should be able to provide.

Edited by mtnesterz

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Head of Housekeeping came. They are going to fix it! Feel great that Princess was  caring. 

I hate to say this but you will probably get another person's rejected mattress. Been there, done that.

They don't have "new mattresses" just sitting around waiting to replace old ones.

21 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Glad you are having a great cruise. I’m a big Princess fan and have been for many years but I would like to sleep at night without a backache. 

Yea - all mattresses on a ship are not all in the same shape. They age differently for a variety of reasons (use). It is entirely possible for one person to have a great mattress and the next cabin over to have an entirely different mattress.

On the Crown, my mattress was horrible. It wasn't great on Emerald Princess last November either. Hoping my next cruise is better.

We were on the Emerald last November in a minisuite, and DH’s side of the bed was awful. We asked them to fix it and I’m not sure what they did but it was better. 
We just sailed on her again, but this time in a regular balcony and the bed was great. It felt like a new bed. 

13 hours ago, Coral said:

Yea - all mattresses on a ship are not all in the same shape. They age differently for a variety of reasons (use). It is entirely possible for one person to have a great mattress and the next cabin over to have an entirely different mattress.

On the Crown, my mattress was horrible. It wasn't great on Emerald Princess last November either. Hoping my next cruise is better.

Seems like those original Princess Bed mattresses are already wearing down in many cases.  Considering The Pause, it seems they didn't have much life service.

We just got off the Emerald Princess after going through the Panama Canal. Although a little dated and a little worn it is still a beautiful ship. You have to remember it is not a brand new ship. It was what we sailed on in 2011 for our first cruise. We ate breakfast every morning in the dining room and it was fantastic. Only ate in Buffet at lunch and dinner in the evening was between DaVinci and Botticelli. I have to say treated better in Botticelli far better. The maître de in DaVinci only said “Excellent choice” over and over. 
We did come down with Covid have way through our cruise. We self tested and contacted the medical centre. They were very helpful and called every day. Luckily we had a mild sickness. We were in quarantine for 5 days. Can’t say anything negative about our treatment.

I find the menu to be more varied than ever. 

• Like 4

I got off the Emerald Sept 16 after 26 days b2b. It was a wonderful cruise I met so many friendly people. Of course a few grouches who probably have miserable lives anywhere they go. The ship is in fine shape. I am happy to be on Emerald again in November.

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:45 PM, wallyj said:

@mtnesterz, I recall swapping your elite minibar for OBC, was done very sparingly on one ship and reported just after the initial removal/discontinued of the ‘coffee card pkg’.

I believe the last few posts of passengers requesting OBC in lieu of elite minibar were denied, it is not an option.

I believe you need to swap you entire minibar for 1 bottle of wine that has been reported sells on the ship for $35-40, most would consider this an uneven swap in favor of the cruise line.

The amount sounds like guest services credit for customer satisfaction versus an official policy. Though, the recipient may have interpreted the credit as standard policy.

11 hours ago, Rebels6827 said:

Emerald Princess. 3600 happy guests. And always some spoiled brats this is wrong it’s not right the menu sucks. Spare me. Spoiled 

It's one of the 3,000 passenger ships (princess lists it at 3080). I double checked because I've never been on a 3600 passenger ship. I was in the emerald after it got reactivated after COVID and the first sailing had 750 guests. It was amazing.