Anyone on the Emerald Princess right now?

suzyed

56 minutes ago, suzyed said:

My family is onboard now and are not thrilled at all with the ship, the menus, etc.

I love that ship.  It’s beautiful and our meals were very good. Subjective of course.

What’s going on, I wonder?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Please be more specific. 

They thought the MDR menu is like diner food. The cabins are small....compared to NCL.  The ship and the furnishings are dated, even with dinner reservations they had to wait 20 minutes, everyone who works there is new and that even Elites are disappointed with the ship. 
None of these are my complaints....and we haven't been on the Emerald in about 4 years but we liked it.  I'm sure things have change since covid but I wouldn't have expected THAT much change.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Are they on Emerald or Enchanted? The furnishings on Enchanted aren't "dated", at least in my opinion...matter of taste I guess...

Emerald...sorry, I guess it auto corrected and I didn't notice.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

My family is onboard now and are not thrilled at all with the ship, the menus, etc.

Your family’s impression complete opposite of our experience in July on the Emerald Princess.  We were delighted with everything.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, that said:

Your family’s impression complete opposite of our experience in July on the Emerald Princess.  We were delighted with everything.

Glad to hear that.  I can't imagine that it has changed since July.

15 minutes ago, wallyj said:

What I have seen, is you post a reply asking moderator to make change as you are original poster, or quick reacting moderator will make change.

Thanks!  I will try that.

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Moderator:  Could you please change the title of this post to EMERALD instead of Enchanted please?

• Host Carolyn changed the title to Anyone on the Emerald Princess right now?
  • Host Carolyn unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, suzyed said:

change the title of this post to EMERALD instead of Enchanted please?

As a sort of confusing aside, we will be on the Emerald in 15 days and then on the Regal with you in 26 days so we will be able to give you our firsthand notes. LOL

Jim😎

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wallyj said:

What I have seen, is you post a reply asking moderator to make change as you are original poster, or quick reacting moderator will make change.

Actually, a Report needed to have been made for a quicker response. Click here: How To: Report a Post

As stated in the Guidelines: "We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action."

Remember, since Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day, we depend on all Cruise Critic members for help. Especially for problems NOT related to being off topic or violations of the Guidelines.

User Reported Content list of reports is generated for review to all non-paid volunteer Hosts and paid Administrators. The reports will automatically show the important information they MUST have such as the forum name, thread title or post in addition to your message.

The non-paid volunteer Hosts or paid Administrators will review your Report post report when they can. I say "when they can" because all e-mails and Report post reports to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With almost two million members and some sending e-mails and reports 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action. Also, please remember the Hosts are non-paid volunteers and work the boards when their real life permits. Most paid Administrators work regular weekday business hours.

I hope all this information will be helpful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

They thought the MDR menu is like diner food.

Personal opinion. Some will agree. Some will disagree.

The cabins are small....compared to NCL.  

Fact based. Only question is whether that bothers people.

The ship and the furnishings are dated,

Older ships will always look inferior to new ships that dazzle.

even with dinner reservations they had to wait 20 minutes,

Ah, the wonderful benefits of DMW.

everyone who works there is new

New employees can happen on any ship with any cruise company.

• Like 2

The ship really hasn't changed that much since it came out. Of course the menus have changed and probably not for the better.

I was on the ship for the TA last November. It is probably identical to how the Emerald has always been (with some updates). Anyone who has sailed older class Princess ships will know what they are getting. People from other lines may not be impressed. Especially if they are new to Princess.

A friend recently sailed an older NCL ship and she thought it looked very modern compared to Crown Princess.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

As a sort of confusing aside, we will be on the Emerald in 15 days and then on the Regal with you in 26 days so we will be able to give you our firsthand notes. LOL

Jim😎

Looking forward to it....thanks!

We've been on the Emerald twice this year, and loved it, we were on Panama Canal voyages.  We made amazing memories.

How are they surprised the furnishings are dated?  The ship is older, and won't be sparkly and shiny like the Discovery.  

I could see if people are looking for things to complain about, then they'll find them. A vacation is what you make of it.

There are always crew members who come and go.  Is their room steward new too?  

• Like 6

Currently on the Emerald Princess and very happy! We were on her last November after her dry dock and everything still looks as fresh to me. We are in a balcony stateroom and the carpet is new, the bedding is firm. Yes the ship is older and we all know Princess stuck with their 1990’s decors a little too long, but the ship is lovely.

We were happy to see an additional $180 usd credit in our account for port refund. Nicaragua was on the original itinerary but had already been dropped when we booked, but apparently that is what it is for. 

We have a standing reservation for 5:40 every evening in Botticelli and have been given the same table and told it is “our” table, which I like. Food has been quite good. Hazelnut Bar last night has shrunk a bit, but maybe that’s ok?

Lunch in the MDR has had huge lineups from 11:45-1:30. I think this is a direct result of the new room service charge, with many who would otherwise order lunch (and don’t like the buffet) are heading to the MDR. The ship will have to adjust to the higher demand in the MDR for lunch. 
We don’t recognize any crew from our last time in the ship, but all that we have come across are great. Overall they seem to be a more experienced bunch than we met on the Crown in June.

I’ll be happy to answer any question, but may not be fast as we don’t have wifi, but use an Esim in port only.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2