Tamarind Menu

betsey

Hey Holland America (yes, I know no one at HQ ever reads these boards, but Jeez!), I was thinking about making a reservation at Tamarind for my birthday coming up soon on the Nieuw Amsterdam in October. I clicked on the link to see what the menu looked like and it was a broken link. How am I supposed to make a reservation and spend my hard-earned money if I don't know what's on the menu? Back in my day, a very long time ago, when I worked at a fancy cruise line, someone would have been in trouble for not getting this fixed pronto. But things have changed I guess. Oh well, I'll keep my money and leave HAL wondering why I'm not going to the specialty restaurant when I go cruising this fall....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, betsey said:

Hey Holland America (yes, I know no one at HQ ever reads these boards, but Jeez!), I was thinking about making a reservation at Tamarind for my birthday coming up soon on the Nieuw Amsterdam in October. I clicked on the link to see what the menu looked like and it was a broken link. How am I supposed to make a reservation and spend my hard-earned money if I don't know what's on the menu? Back in my day, a very long time ago, when I worked at a fancy cruise line, someone would have been in trouble for not getting this fixed pronto. But things have changed I guess. Oh well, I'll keep my money and leave HAL wondering why I'm not going to the specialty restaurant when I go cruising this fall....

What was HAL’s response when you emailed them directly? I’d suggest going to their website and clicking the “contact us” button to let them know. As you are aware, calling them out here will make zero impact on the problem you are seeing. If you really want them to fix it, I would like to suggest that you let them know about it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kelliebiz said:

What was HAL’s response when you emailed them directly? I’d suggest going to their website and clicking the “contact us” button to let them know. As you are aware, calling them out here will make zero impact on the problem you are seeing. If you really want them to fix it, I would like to suggest that you let them know about it. 

I clicked on the "Contact Us' Icon and got a "bad request" page. The photos are now blank as well.  It sure doesn't make me want to book specialty dining!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, betsey said:

You may have been given a bad link, but the Tamarind menu is clearly shown on this page on my browser, which is pretty easy to get to from the main page --> The Experience --> Dining -->Select Tamarind under fine dining, you do have to scroll to the second set of fine dining options:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/tamarind.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

You may have been given a bad link, but the Tamarind menu is clearly shown on this page on my browser, which is pretty easy to get to from the main page --> The Experience --> Dining -->Select Tamarind under fine dining, you do have to scroll to the second set of fine dining options:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/tamarind.html

That is a really old menu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betsey said:

I sailed on HAL earlier this year - on the Westerdam to Japan and Korea. I'm aware that they are no longer a "fancy cruise line."  My point was they need to have their website functioning if they want to get guests to purchase the add-ons such as specialty dining. Trying to contact them through the "Contact Us" link in My Bookings just got me to a Bad Request page.  Even though they're not a fancy cruise line, their website shouldn't have broken links all over the place. 

All have noticed that one of the big challenges with HAL is their website. It's constantly doing strange things and having problems, and there are ongoing complaints about that. Usually it's fairly temporary. I use Chrome, which usually works, but for the last couple of days I've had to use MS Edge or Firefox. I know, it's irritating, and I guess we've all just gotten used to it. The link @crystalspingave is a good way to view many menus, and it's easy to use his web postings.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:01 PM, YourWorldWithBill said:

Usually it's fairly temporary.

Unfortunately their complete disregard for website design and functionality is not temporary.  Since the dawn of the internet they have never had a properly functioning website, because, you know, we are old people and don’t know how to use a computer 🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Unfortunately their complete disregard for website design and functionality is not temporary.  Since the dawn of the internet they have never had a properly functioning website, because, you know, we are old people and don’t know how to use a computer 🙄

Imagine the lift in bookings and supplemental sales if they would actually address the website issues.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Imagine the lift in bookings and supplemental sales if they would actually address the website issues.

First step - let me stay signed in.    Just one simple thing - let me stay signed in for a few hours.  Their phone customer service looks like a superstar of accuracy compared to their website 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mary229 said:

First step - let me stay signed in.    Just one simple thing - let me stay signed in for a few hours.  Their phone customer service looks like a superstar of accuracy compared to their website 

Someone should be able to create a comedy routine on this message board about their web problems.

What I have to wonder is: How difficult would it be to take care of this? This stuff is complicated and detailed, but it's not like they're not spending something; why not do it right? It's costing them something for a product that drives us crazy. Why? Why? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Someone should be able to create a comedy routine on this message board about their web problems.

What I have to wonder is: How difficult would it be to take care of this? This stuff is complicated and detailed, but it's not like they're not spending something; why not do it right? It's costing them something for a product that drives us crazy. Why? Why? 

Since HAL has a main office in Seattle, a global high tech center, one would think the best and brightest would be available to work on this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Since HAL has a main office in Seattle, a global high tech center, one would think the best and brightest would be available to work on this.

In the pack of best and brightest light bulbs, evidently HAL bought a pack of 40 watt. And also haven't realized they should be using LED now. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

In the pack of best and brightest light bulbs, evidently HAL bought a pack of 40 watt. And also haven't realized they should be using LED now. 🙂

and instead are using.....

istockphoto-1071992582-612x612.jpg.43a784acaa3375f7b45f2e2e599d9270.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

But I have to give them credit for one thing that there are lots of complaints about. On our cruise in May on the Rotterdam the Navigator app worked perfectly. I even used it walking around the ship to remind me of where I was (I get confused).

I have an upcoming cruise on Oceania, and the don't even have an app. Some like that, but since we're taking about candle power.....

• Like 1