From the Eclipse gangway to the Bermuda shopping area?

boscobeans

Now with developing mobility problems limiting walking is there still a tram or shuttle from the ship OR the dock to the shopping area in the Royal Naval Dockyard?

It has been a few years since we visited Bermuda on the Summit and I would like to eliminate the walk to the shopping and the Frog and Onion.

20 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Now with developing mobility problems limiting walking is there still a tram or shuttle from the ship OR the dock to the shopping area in the Royal Naval Dockyard?

It has been a few years since we visited Bermuda on the Summit and I would like to eliminate the walk to the shopping and the Frog and Onion.

You asked about the tram about a week ago on the Bermuda board and the answer remains the same. There is a free tram that runs around the Dockyard.  It has a stop by the Frog and Onion and a stop by the Clocktower mall. I posted a map that shows where the tram stop is in relation to the ship berths and a map of the Dockyard.

Just now, Charles4515 said:

You asked about the tram about a week ago on the Bermuda board and the answer remains the same. There is a free tram that runs around the Dockyard.  It has a stop by the Frog and Onion and a stop by the Clocktower mall. I posted a map that shows where the tram stop is in relation to the ship berths and a map of the Dockyard.

We are Elite + on Celebrity and would like someone who can accurately indicate where the TRAM stops before I book ANOTHER Bermuda sailing. We have been to Bermuda many times since we started cruising over 23 years ago and NOW would like to cut down on as much unnecessary walking as possible.

If  you could indicate EXACTLY where the tram stops on any of your several maps I would appreciate it, as far as I see on the PTZ Bermuda camera it looks like it stops on the dock midway between Heritage wharf and Kings Wharf and before the long pier walk to the Dockyard.

I am NOT looking for a discussion as to what a wharf or dock is and what is a dockyard.

6 minutes ago, boscobeans said:
19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

We are Elite + on Celebrity and would like someone who can accurately indicate where the TRAM stops before I book ANOTHER Bermuda sailing. We have been to Bermuda many times since we started cruising over 23 years ago and NOW would like to cut down on as much unnecessary walking as possible.

I am Elite + too and I understand that you need to cut down on walking. The map shows the tram stop nearest the ship berths. There are two markers on the map. One with a little car in the circle is for taxis. The other one with a little bus is the tram stop. There used to be a tram stop at Kings Wharf where the Summit always docked but unfortunately they removed it. My guess is that Eclipse will dock at the Kings Wharf berth which is farther away from the tram stop because the NCL mega ships can’t dock at Heritage Wharf. The 2024 port schedule which shows the berths is not out yet. Since the tram would have to go to the end to turn around you might be able to get dropped off closer to the ships but I can’t say for sure as I never rode the trams. 

IMG_0157.png

24 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I am Elite + too and I understand that you need to cut down on walking. The map shows the tram stop nearest the ship berths. There are two markers on the map. One with a little car in the circle is for taxis. The other one with a little bus is the tram stop. There used to be a tram stop at Kings Wharf where the Summit always docked but unfortunately they removed it. My guess is that Eclipse will dock at the Kings Wharf berth which is farther away from the tram stop because the NCL mega ships can’t dock at Heritage Wharf. The 2024 port schedule which shows the berths is not out yet. Since the tram would have to go to the end to turn around you might be able to get dropped off closer to the ships but I can’t say for sure as I never rode the trams. 

IMG_0157.png

Thank you. The dot MARKED TAXIS  appears to be where PTZ shows the new electric trams stop.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Edited by boscobeans

36 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Im not sure how Captain’s Club status fits in to the question.  The tram stops at the same place for all, as I recall

It is of no importance other than to indicate that after being to Bermuda many times there are things we NOW need help dealing with.  This shows that even seasoned cruisers need help and do not know everything.

Sorry if you think otherwise. Happy sailing

Edited by boscobeans

53 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Thank you. The dot MARKED TAXIS  appears to be where PTZ shows the new electric trams stop.

Thanks for the confirmation.

If you book the cruise please post how it works out. It will be helpful for passengers with mobility issues. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

If you book the cruise please post how it works out. It will be helpful for passengers with mobility issues. 

Will be down there on a short 5 night on the Liberty of the seas in 20 days and will be sure to get a few photos. I will post them on this site.

Never had to even give this a thought up until this year. 👍 

Edited by boscobeans

On 8/26/2023 at 11:15 AM, boscobeans said:

It is of no importance other than to indicate that after being to Bermuda many times there are things we NOW need help dealing with.  This shows that even seasoned cruisers need help and do not know everything.

Sorry if you think otherwise. Happy sailing

I understand your dilemma completely.  Just returned from the Pearl this past Friday.  I was/am having IT Band hip/leg pain brought on by walking only a few hundred feet.  First day we took a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay.  Second day would have liked to go to the Snorkel Park, but there was no way I could do the walk there,  nor could I do the walk to Calico Jack's.   We stayed on board the ship and I enjoyed the pool that day.  I don't know if a taxi driver would  have taken me and  my husband to either, as they are an easy walk for most, as we did not even try to get a taxi.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

k, but there was no way I could do the walk there,  nor could I do the walk to Calico Jack's.   We stayed on board the ship and I enjoyed the pool that day.

If you can’t even walk to Calico Jacks I think you might want to get a Mobility Scooter if you ever return to Bermuda. 

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I understand your dilemma completely.  Just returned from the Pearl this past Friday.  I was/am having IT Band hip/leg pain brought on by walking only a few hundred feet.  First day we took a shuttle to Horseshoe Bay.  Second day would have liked to go to the Snorkel Park, but there was no way I could do the walk there,  nor could I do the walk to Calico Jack's.   We stayed on board the ship and I enjoyed the pool that day.  I don't know if a taxi driver would  have taken me and  my husband to either, as they are an easy walk for most, as we did not even try to get a taxi.

I can do a two hour walk at my own pace without too much difficulty and would like to do most of it AT places I would like to visit and as few steps as possible GETTING TO those places.

On 8/27/2023 at 11:18 AM, 1025cruise said:

I believe the tram stops on the bridge. I remember at one point it used to go to the individual ships, but I don't believe it does anymore.

From videos on PTZ it appears that the tram, stops in the mid-point between Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf where it discharges and picks up passengers.