GTY hidden cabin question

Hi Gang,

I have a question. Our cruise is something like 43 days out. Oasis of the seas.

We booked a GTY suite last year for this sailing.

So my set sail pass, says the following:

Deck - 12

Stateroom - GTY

Muster - EO3

At the very top of the sail pass directly under my name is says "Sea Class". On the bottom of the sail pass there is a barcode. Well I don't have an iPhone. I have Android. I scanned the barcode with a scanner app on my tablet and there the room assignment was, last 5 digits.

So essentially I know my GTY is gonna be this Junior suite, right? Has anyone ever experienced something like this and ended up with a different cabin assignment? Also, I think I read this in a search, but info might have changed. Are you allowed to switch your cabin once your number has been shared officially?

thanks!

• Like 1

Yes, this is your suite. I've never had my cabin changed after the bar code is set. Maybe it could happen, hope others will chime in on this. Once you've gotten your official notification of your cabin number and you are from North America, you can call and get your cabin changed for the exact same cabin class. If you've been assigned a J3, you can't switch into a J4, for instance. 

• Like 1

They refused to even talk about that until the word GTY was no longer on my booking, so I couldn't change it.  It only actually switched to the room number on my set sail pass the day the docs came out and by then all the other cabins in that cat. were gone! 😡  Even though the cabin number was already determined in the bar code.  It worked out well anyway.  I'm happy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I have Android. I scanned the barcode with a scanner app on my tablet and there the room assignment was, last 5 digits.

I also have an Android, and I've done exactly the same thing -- well, I've scanned my phone with my husband 's phone (or vice-versa).  

At times I've had to wait to see the number, but once it's been assigned, it's never been changed on me.  Once it "disappeared", but the same number re-appeared a couple days later.  

I've always been quite happy with my assignment, but -- if you're not -- you can always ask.  Be pleasant, ask nicely, and see what happens.  You have nothing to lose.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Hi Gang,

Deck - 12

Stateroom - GTY

Muster - EO3

At the very top of the sail pass directly under my name is says "Sea Class". On the bottom of the sail pass there is a barcode. Well I don't have an iPhone. I have Android. I scanned the barcode with a scanner app on my tablet and there the room assignment was, last 5 digits.

So essentially I know my GTY is gonna be this Junior suite, right? Has anyone ever experienced something like this and ended up with a different cabin assignment? Also, I think I read this in a search, but info might have changed. Are you allowed to switch your cabin once your number has been shared officially?

thanks!

By process of elimination:

Sea class is junior suites--there are only 8 junior suites on deck 12

Muster EO3 is starboard side, so that narrows it down to the 4 JS on starboard side.

The four on that side are 12626, 12630, 12632 and 12636.  My guess would be it will be one of those four. 

Deck 12 is a great location! 

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The four on that side are 12626, 12630, 12632 and 12636.  My guess would be it will be one of those four. 

They said they know their exact cabin # from the bar code trick...

13 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I scanned the barcode with a scanner app on my tablet and there the room assignment was, last 5 digits.

13 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Hi Gang,

Deck - 12

Stateroom - GTY

Muster - EO3

thanks!

In theory - and RCL can be rather theoretical from time to time - your GTY room is not firmly assigned until check-in.  You are guaranteed the category (ie Jr Suite) but no a specific room.  This was told to me by the agent in the Diamond Club.  However, as Mommabear indicated, believe it is rare for them to change it once it is shown on the bar code.  Enjoy

18 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Hi Gang,

Deck - 12

Stateroom - GTY

Muster - EO3

thanks!

Hope you are in 636, it is a full hump balcony.

Edited by taglovestocruise