Jewel Grand Suites under pool or windjammer or both ?

are the Grand Suites on the Jewel  ( deck 10 )  under the pool or windjammer or both ?   anyone stayed in them recently and had any noise issues ?    

looking at deck plans I think they are under the pool / solarium area but it's so hard to tell when I try to layer the decks and look at the color code.

jewel deck plans.docx

When trying to stack the decks, stack elevator on elevator since they're always in the same place. I'm in the spa right now on the Jewel and if the GS are below it, that's where I'd want to stay. Very quiet in here. Sorry, I can't pull up the plans right now since I'm on my phone and having trouble. 

• Like 2

Non-specific to the Jewel, but we normally pick a room under the pool deck/Windjammer. More because we like being high up and there is typically less contention for elevators if you are the top deck or bottom deck (not where we sail any more). We don't have any issues with it. We travel all the time and are not bothered by "hotel noises". We have actually had more issues when there are kids in a room above us stomping around. A cruise ship is the wrong place if you expect dead silence. 

I've never been bothered by "hotel noises" (good way to describe it) in the higher up cabins. The only thing I've really noticed is the DJ on the pool deck either on his mic or just the bass of the music. But that's subtle and doesn't go late into the night.

• Like 1

I would normally love 1600, or even better for us...1100 (JS) on the Radiance ladies, but the noise and scraping of chairs directly above from the outside WJ is just too much.  Late at night, and especially early in the morning during cleaning.  Plus some pax think it's cool to do party time up there in the middle of the night.  

Have done one deck down in 9256 many times.  Yes, smaller cabin, but deck 10 cabins insulates it a bit.  

Find the GS cabins on the four ladies along the side, more to our liking.  But that is just "IMHO".  

3 hours ago, LINDAE3213 said:

are the Grand Suites on the Jewel  ( deck 10 )  under the pool or windjammer or both ?   anyone stayed in them recently and had any noise issues ?    

looking at deck plans I think they are under the pool / solarium area but it's so hard to tell when I try to layer the decks and look at the color code.

jewel deck plans.docx 598.96 kB · 6 downloads

Like Renee, we always compare distances from an elevator even going as far as using a ruler to compare deck from deck.  Not an exact science of course, but so far for us has been close enough.  We seem to notice more noise being below the pool than the cafe - at least the cafe has some carpeting. 

Thanks everyone...i put in a bid on the GS...very doubtful about getting it as there are none available but for a 9 nighter repo to PR willing to take a chance. Currently in a balcony on deck 9....i have no interest in bidding on the JS.

2 minutes ago, LINDAE3213 said:

Thanks everyone...i put in a bid on the GS...very doubtful about getting it as there are none available but for a 9 nighter repo to PR willing to take a chance. Currently in a balcony on deck 9....i have no interest in bidding on the JS.

Best to avoid a JS on Radiance class if you don't have control over location.  Too many are under the Windjammer.

• Like 2

We had JS 1092 on Jewel and our friends had 1094, both under WJ in Summer '22. Neither of us were bothered by noises. Not to say there was none, as there was some occasional noises, but it was only occasional and short lived and we were watching TV or doing other things at the time anyway. Nothing that prevented us from falling asleep and nothing that came close to waking us up.

Other people have reported their experience being so bad that they were given an empty second room just for sleeping. I think it just really comes down to the person.

We are currently on Serenade in GS 1048 and were awakened this morning, our first morning of the cruise,  around 5am, with the sounds of loungers being moved on deck 11. My husband, a heavy sleeper, was awakened by the noise. I was already awake. If you are a light sleeper, you will be awakened. 

Thanks for sharing.  I happen to get up 5 am ish every day and also use a portable white noise machine for sleep....it's getting to sleep that is usually my issue...late night noise bothers me more.

• Like 1