Jewel of the Seas - Updated cabins?

Hi.  I've read a lot of posts saying that some of the cabins on JOTS have been updated, but some haven't been?

I thought that when refurbishments were done, all the cabins are updated at that time, so I'm confused about this.

Not that it matters for our upcoming cruise, since it's about sold out, just curious ...

8 hours ago, scotlady said:

Hi.  I've read a lot of posts saying that some of the cabins on JOTS have been updated, but some haven't been?

I thought that when refurbishments were done, all the cabins are updated at that time, so I'm confused about this.

Not that it matters for our upcoming cruise, since it's about sold out, just curious ...

Don't think so. I'd bet still has same furnishings in the Cabins I had 9 months ago and March/April 2022 when I was on her. Ships have their usual Dry Docks but rarely in Cabins are much let alone all replaced/updated. Maybe they worked on some Suites

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 12:12 AM, scotlady said:

Cabins are updated only if needed (and not according to your subjective taste). 

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

On Jewel in June and our cabin was definitely not updated. A fair bit of scratches, nicks, dings and semi-functioning drawer and door hardware. 

mac_tlc

Yeah, I just thought it odd that some reviews said cabins were updated and some weren't.  Maybe it was just that certain cabins are showing more wear and tear.

11 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

just a thought....there was public space that was converted to cabins at some point, maybe those are the ones that seem to be updated cabins. 

I had the same question as OP a while ago for Mariner. Found out that there were public spaces on Deck 10 (if memory serves me right) that were indeed converted to more rooms and those were updated. However, all decks below were not. This might be the case here as well.