Laundry Question

annmarz

We are booked on our first Regent Cruise, on the Voyager.  I read on another thread that a woman on the Mariner requested her dress to be air-dried.  Can we customize our laundry like this on the Voyager?  I prefer most of my clothes not to be put in a dryer, and I like them washed in cold water.  

Yes.  Fill out the Laundry Slip you are given with specific instructions re:  cold water; hang-dry; on a hanger, or folded; and so-on.  Concerns?  Review same with your Suite Attendant; or Butler--if you are Penthouse and higher which includes Butler service. 

Either way, Staff will adhere to your wishes.   

GOARMY!

• Like 3

Keep in mind that in by 9 am means that has to be picked up by the attendant prior to that so by simply putting the laundry out by 9 am will not guarantee it back by 5 pm.  Earlier this year we would put the laundry outside before 9 but it wasn't always picked up then, so at times it was the next morning that we got back our laundry. Not a problem for us, i was just happy to have someone esle doing laundry for me and never put it out with the expectation that it would be back by 5 pm. Great if it did but not a big deal if it didn't. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rcandkc said:

It would seem air drying an item could cause a slight delay since that takes longer. 

I'm pretty sure the laundry has a warming closet of some sort to aid in quicker air drying. My air-dry items have always come back at the same time as the other items.

• Like 1

Agree!  I'm sure I still won't make it into just a carry-on, but I'm sure going to try!  Could happen if I pack for 6-7 days and use the laundry service twice during a 16-day cruise.  Would that be expecting too much or is that ok?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

Agree!  I'm sure I still won't make it into just a carry-on, but I'm sure going to try!  Could happen if I pack for 6-7 days and use the laundry service twice during a 16-day cruise.  Would that be expecting too much or is that ok?

We did it in South America. Hope to never check a bag again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 11:12 PM, annmarz said:

We are booked on our first Regent Cruise, on the Voyager.  I read on another thread that a woman on the Mariner requested her dress to be air-dried.  Can we customize our laundry like this on the Voyager?  I prefer most of my clothes not to be put in a dryer, and I like them washed in cold water.  

I put "Hang to Dry" on the laundry sheet next to the listing for my knit tops and pants as well as in the comments box at the bottom.  Nothing shrank and  they always arrived lightly pressed and on a hanger. Very happy with the laundry!

• Like 1

A reminder, in by 9 AM means that it must be picked up and into the laundry people by 9 AM, if you leave the bag in your room or even in the hall by your room it may not get turned in until much later which can add up to anther day to get the laundry back.

5 minutes ago, Scout16 said:

A reminder, in by 9 AM means that it must be picked up and into the laundry people by 9 AM, if you leave the bag in your room or even in the hall by your room it may not get turned in until much later which can add up to anther day to get the laundry back.

When we are putting laundry out, I let our steward know. 

Last month on Navigator, our steward told us that because of the increased volume of (included) laundry, it was best to bag the laundry before dinner, call for it to be picked up, and it would be returned the following evening. Sometimes earlier, but it was always returned the next evening. 

• Like 1