Booking websites - *****

2 minutes ago, lilcruiser25 said:

Has anyone used ***** before? If so, how was your experience? I have only booked directly through the cruise line in the past but they are running a very nice OBC special that is very appealing. 

Thanks you!

As you've probably guessed by now, posts about travel booking agencies are not permitted according to CruiseCritic's rules.  At least you can't mention them by name.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

1 minute ago, lilcruiser25 said:

Has anyone used ***** before? If so, how was your experience? I have only booked directly through the cruise line in the past but they are running a very nice OBC special that is very appealing. 

Thanks you!

I've never used *****. I always use #####. 😁 In case you haven't figured it out, we're not allowed to name travel agencies on these boards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, lilcruiser25 said:

I use ***** all the time, but I can't mention their name here. They give me a kick-back (credit card $$$ back and cash back) along with a lot of onboard perks. 

This thread has turned out funny, all these $&#@! Agencies, especially ***** and ####### but in particular @@@@@@@ !

personally I’d like to find a good TA who will get back to me within a day, preferably same day. I had one recommended by a fellow CCer, voice message, 2 emails spoon feeding the TA my reservation and nada. Then contacted a TA very active on YouTube, again spoon feeding all details of reservation absent credit card info, 2 days later an email saying the person contacted won’t be responding but one of her associates would, then 2 more days later the 2nd person finally responded asking what cruise was I interested in (ummmm how bout it was detailed in my email and your web form?) . Trying out an impersonal on line agency owner by on of the weekly news magazines, we’ll see….

it is kind of frustrating that I’m basically handing someone a commission for a cruise I can book myself and they just aren’t timely or engaged. Although we’re both still employed in office, and don’t cruise every month, the annual commission would still be worthwhile. 

🤷‍♂️🤔🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

This thread has turned out funny, all these $&#@! Agencies, especially ***** and ####### but in particular @@@@@@@ !

personally I’d like to find a good TA who will get back to me within a day, preferably same day. I had one recommended by a fellow CCer, voice message, 2 emails spoon feeding the TA my reservation and nada. Then contacted a TA very active on YouTube, again spoon feeding all details of reservation absent credit card info, 2 days later an email saying the person contacted won’t be responding but one of her associates would, then 2 more days later the 2nd person finally responded asking what cruise was I interested in (ummmm how bout it was detailed in my email and your web form?) . Trying out an impersonal on line agency owner by on of the weekly news magazines, we’ll see….

it is kind of frustrating that I’m basically handing someone a commission for a cruise I can book myself and they just aren’t timely or engaged. Although we’re both still employed in office, and don’t cruise every month, the annual commission would still be worthwhile. 

🤷‍♂️🤔🤷‍♀️

Mine usually answers emails within 15 minutes. Maybe keep asking for recommendations. 

• Like 2

My goodness gracious that X%$#@ travel agency is the same name my wife calls me at the buffet.  Something to the tune "You got pasta sauce on your impress to dress shirt again X%$#@!!!  I am beginning to think I should skip the buffet!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

🤷‍♂️🤔🤷‍♀️

Couldn’t agree more!! I just asked NCL to ‘disconnect me’ from the PCC tied to my account as they COMPLETELY dropped the ball on a 100% guaranteed booking. I’d rather handle my own booking, thank you very much!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

This feels like prison communication. Perhaps they should call this site "Redaction Nation".

Edited by craig01020
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

🤷‍♂️🤔🤷‍♀️

My wife is going through the same frustration. It's possible she reached out to the same Youtube guy and got the same results. We've been doing on-board bookings and turning them over to an on-line agency just for the OBC. The communication hasn't been great so that's why she's been looking.

Funny aside, we have used several internet travel sites and we do not go back to several of them because when I call the agent I used, I never get them, leave a message, and MAYBE hear from them 3 days later. I would rather pay a few dollars more for better service, and I do. It's just a thing with me, as I ran a service-orientated business and customer service is what it is all about. I still carry that thru in most of my transactions with whomever.

Cheers

Len

2 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Funny aside, we have used several internet travel sites and we do not go back to several of them because when I call the agent I used, I never get them, leave a message, and MAYBE hear from them 3 days later. I would rather pay a few dollars more for better service, and I do. It's just a thing with me, as I ran a service-orientated business and customer service is what it is all about. I still carry that thru in most of my transactions with whomever.

Cheers

Len

@Giantfan13

I am not in a customer service job per se, but I always want to create a relationship with the customers I interface with to advocate for our products and services (IT) so they get what they need (and hopefully most of what they want - budget and expertise permitting). 

It’s frustrating when I’m on the other side and get blown off or ghosted by someone I have a business relationship with (or am trying to establish a business relationship, in this instance). 

I did use two different internet sites, at one that likes to go I found a good TA for 2 bookings but then he left them and the next guy just couldn’t make it happen. The other online agency (1 word name specializing in cruises) cost me a booking AND my $500 deposit… never again ! I also used a local TA a friend swears by but she didn’t do anything I couldn’t arrange directly with the river cruise company. Also I think her expert was in booking pre -ade  packages because she kept trying to up sell me into Viator add-ons when I said I wanted a few days pre cruise with a local guide (ie not a bus package) and she didn’t send us our cruiseline welcome aboard package till after we flew out. I found a history teacher through an online get a guide site and worked with him to design a fantastic 4 days in Romania exploring historic sites and looking for wild bears (memorable!)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big_G said:

My wife is going through the same frustration. It's possible she reached out to the same Youtube guy and got the same results. We've been doing on-board bookings and turning them over to an on-line agency just for the OBC. The communication hasn't been great so that's why she's been looking.

@Big_G I hate say it, but glad it’s not just me 😜

I was thinking of going the opposite direction. Book with an online company for the extra OBC or cheaper cruise rate, then transferring to the cruise line for the better service level (the experience I mentioned earlier that cost me $500 was a mistake by the TA that was made terminal because the cruise line insisted everything go through the unresponsive TA and her online agency) if something goes amiss, I’d rather deal with the cruise line directly… or my credit card company 

I recall during COVID we always book through the cruise line and the cruise line worked with us to make right for our cruise.  Our friends who went through an online cruise travel agency and always got a better deal.  The travel agency folded up shop and our friends lost all their money.  Sad.  Caveat emptor!

• Thanks 1

I think I am done with using a TA.Had a good one for many years, good and prompt service, competitive pricing and usually at least some extra OBC..but COVID really defeated her attitude and another agent with that company was incompetent.  I’ve booked several with the very large online travel company and I am done with that.  It took 3weeks and several phone calls to get my booking summaries for next July Freedom cruise.   I am spending $11k for 7 people and gave you $1750 in non-refundable deposits and I don’t get the confirmation by the next day???  At least on the cruise line website you can see everything immediately..take screen shots etc.  Have also booked next Princess cruise for March 2025 directly on the website.

I've only actually booked cruises with the cruise lines or a big box/online TA.  I've talked to a few independent/local, I'll call them "small", agencies.  I can tell you that the few small agencies, I dealt with didn't seem to be very flexible or want to fully explain things and I especially don't like it when one of the underling agents tells you that they will take money out of their commission to offer OBCs or more than the company offers.  I don't like attempted guilt trips and I would never accept such a thing, anyway.  The cruise line "phone answerers" don't seem to be fully trained or are very lazy, and provide far too much false information.  I've had a few issues with the big box/online TAs, but they are available 24/7 and my experience is that they get the job done, especially if you get the big box TA's agent's extension number that originally booked the cruise for you and call when they are scheduled to work or leave a voicemail.  I've always got a call back on the same day or at the latest, the next morning.

One small agency that is a huge Youtuber/vlogger, who does great vlogs but was arrogant and very argumentative on the phone, I actually talked to him and got very turned off by him.  So, my decision, if I decide to cruise again and the costs come down to reasonable, I'll book the shorter cruises, 5 or fewer days, with the cruise line directly, and the longer ones (usually Star Class) with the big box TAs, better OBCs.