COVID Protocols

Mommaguti

To my knowledge there haven't been any posts of late on the protocol.    The last ones I read indicated that only the infected one was quarantined for 5 days.   The other guests in the room were required to test/be tested daily for 5 days and if remained negative were not quarantined.

I suspect many now don't report and self test and self isolate (at least I hope so).

• Like 3

My DW tested positive on our TA last fall and she was quarantined to our cabin for five days (just so happens there were only 5 days left). I self tested negative (never tested by the ship) and the nurse said as long as I felt fine, I was free to do whatever I wanted without restriction. The one issue my wife had was that she just wanted to sleep and they called to check in on her or get her food orders every couple of hours starting froml 7am-8pm at night, that was nice (they cared) but also annoying.

Edited by neverlaysup
  • Like 1

I was on Apex at the beginning of August 2023. One person in our group tested positive; they had to stay in their cabin 5 days. They were not retested; 'freedom day' was also disembarkation day. Their spouse would be quarantined if they started showing symptoms (they did not).

The onboard team was great. They sent meals and called regularly to check in (sometimes too regularly - it was during naps). Excursions missed were refunded while onboard. So sounds like the experience hasn't changed much in months.

Edited by zaxanon6

Just off a packed full Silhouette B2B out of Southampton... lots of coughing, sneezing, etc. and no mention of Covid anywhere... many evenings there was nobody at the entrance to the buffet with hand sanitizer, although generally someone during breakfast and lunch.  I was surprised that there were no sinks for hand washing as on most of the new or revolutionized ships... which would be my preference.  

My sister tested positive when we got home...  both of us had allergy-like symptoms during the cruise but assumed it was due to the a/c as we generally experience in that type of situation.  I imagine many others did not test either and expect that many would have been positive.  Maybe saw two or three people with masks out of over 3000 passengers

Only responsible people are testing themselves if they have symptoms or those who have symptoms and report themselves to medical.   The majority just wander around sneezing and coughing and spreading to others.  After all it's their vacation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, auscgguysgirl said:

Just curious ... who is doing the testing?

If you are feeling ill, you can go to Medical onboard and get tested. If it's positive, there isn't a charge (this is detailed in the health section in the app).

There were lots of people onboard with wet-sounding coughs, sneezing and sniffing everywhere. Several people ignored the hand washing stations and hand sanitizer when entering the buffet.

5 hours ago, zaxanon6 said:

If you are feeling ill, you can go to Medical onboard and get tested. If it's positive, there isn't a charge (this is detailed in the health section in the app).

There were lots of people onboard with wet-sounding coughs, sneezing and sniffing everywhere. Several people ignored the hand washing stations and hand sanitizer when entering the buffet.

Protocols are subject to change at any time.

The UK has just announced that it is bringing it's Winter Covid Vaccination programme forward by 1 month to combat a new Covid varient.

The annual Flu vaccination programme is also being started a month early.

Not likely to affect travel but it does illustrate that Covid is still active.