Stop the rot

killaypirate

Once negative feedback starts the ball rolling, other people who may not have bothered previously will now give their own assessments of current standards. Perhaps this downward spiral has been masked for too long by not enough people speaking up sooner. Will be giving X one, & only one, more chance following the school dinner menus suffered in MDR on our recent cruise. But before that Princess cruise next week, only 4 weeks since Silhouette cruise so can comment on the Princess v Celebrity debate.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just returned from a cruise on the silhouette.

the menu in the Main dining room is sub par to what it used to be.

on Chic night no Lobster or Beef Tenderloin not even any Steak of any Sort.

really going Down Hill.

Spoke to the Maitre de and He Agreed But was out of his Control.

He had to ask if he could get a new york strip for our Grandaughter.

• Like 4

Have not been on Celebrity since 2019. Sailed on Regal and Sky princess since and loved them. We are on Equinox for third time in October and this will be our last Celebrity. Very disappointed at the pricing and removal of many perks available to Elite and to others. I am hopeful that our cruise in October in Aqua will not be a disappointment. We are booked again on Sky and on the new Sun .Princess  Pricing was MUCH better than Celebrity for mini suites and the new cabana mini suite on Sun.  Will report back after Equinox 

• Like 3

this thread could easily be combined with the much more complete alternatives to X thread..and the neg posts could also  fit into other existing threads..

maybe mods could consolidate a bit?

catchy title however!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

this thread could easily be combined with the much more complete alternatives to X thread..and the neg posts could also  fit into other existing threads..

catchy title however!

Love this idea...how about a sticky of 2024 "Changes"

(I used changes instead of cuts because Celebrity keeps trying to convince me they are for my benefit)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, killaypirate said:

Once negative feedback starts the ball rolling, other people who may not have bothered previously will now give their own assessments of current standards. Perhaps this downward spiral has been masked for too long by not enough people speaking up sooner. Will be giving X one, & only one, more chance following the school dinner menus suffered in MDR on our recent cruise. But before that Princess cruise next week, only 4 weeks since Silhouette cruise so can comment on the Princess v Celebrity debate.

"Will be giving X one, & only one, more chance following the school dinner menus suffered in MDR on our recent cruise."

You mean stop this sort of comment so as not to arouse others.  REALLY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

catchy title however!

How dare you suggest that these duplicate threads complaining about Celebrity cuts be combined into one all-purpose complaint thread??!! Don't you realize that some people's comments are just too important to be relegated to just another post in an existing thread?  It should be obvious to all that their comments warrant a brand new thread so as to stand out from all the peons complaining about the very same things that they are unhappy about. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, killaypirate said:

Perhaps this downward spiral has been masked for too long by not enough people speaking up sooner.

This was the point I was trying to raise. But the flood gates have now opened. Will Celebrity address these concerns?  Very much doubt since the next in queue will take our places. Perhaps it was a bad choice of title.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

How dare you suggest that these duplicate threads complaining about Celebrity cuts be combined into one all-purpose complaint thread??!! Don't you realize that some people's comments are just too important to be relegated to just another post in an existing thread?  It should be obvious to all that their comments warrant a brand new thread so as to stand out from all the peons complaining about the very same things that they are unhappy about. 

So sorry..it just made sense to me to consolidate similar issues.  

3 hours ago, trout62 said:

Love this idea...how about a sticky of 2024 "Changes"

(I used changes instead of cuts because Celebrity keeps trying to convince me they are for my benefit)

Sticky on Changes is a great idea!