Jim_Iain - First Non-Celebrity Cruise in 22 year - Ponant vs Celebrity Comparison

Jim_Iain

Correction 

Earlier I mentioned the Ponant app had no active content. 

When sitting next to the ship it pulled up links for newspapers, Menus etc.   They say the links are active once logged onto the ships WiFi. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I really do enjoy doors and have taken pictures of 1,000's of them worldwide.   I got started while living in Dublin.   Someone gave me a gift of a cocktail table book -  Doors of Dublin.     Evey door in Dublin, is a different brightly painted ornate door. 

We are heading to Dublin in November ( non cruise trip), and am really looking forward to seeing all the colourful doors

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, theopup said:

We are heading to Dublin in November ( non cruise trip), and am really looking forward to seeing all the colourful doors

You will love them.  Possibly because of the grey skies they paint their doors bright. 

• Like 2

The cruise director met our car and had our bags tagged and X-rayed.   The port has a portable X-ray machine. 

Security is a bit more relaxed than on Celebrity.  I was going to put my back on the XRay but told don’t worry.    1 minute later we were climbing the Gangway. 

IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.d7ac527bed16442b5474f66442eb192d.jpeg

Greeted by Hotel Director 

IMG_6619.thumb.jpeg.3eef2e03d171aa8466ee8b08e35c5f6e.jpeg

• Like 13

Jim,

Bon voyage to you and Lain.  My grandparents had a jewelry store in one of the buildings downtown and both parents were born there.  It’s been many years since I visited the lakeshore and was shocked to find you were boarding a “cruise ship” in Milwaukee.  Is it doing the Great Lakes or up and out the St. Lawrence to who knows where,

25 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

Jim,

Bon voyage to you and Lain.  My grandparents had a jewelry store in one of the buildings downtown and both parents were born there.  It’s been many years since I visited the lakeshore and was shocked to find you were boarding a “cruise ship” in Milwaukee.  Is it doing the Great Lakes or up and out the St. Lawrence to who knows where,

There’s an itinerary some dozens of pages back.  EM

• Like 1

I went to Mackinac for several days last year at this time. What a lovely place!  I had met someone from a Michigan before I went to Mackinac, and he told me that the locals refer to the tourists as “fudgies.”  It really made me laugh!

Jim, I hope you have a wonderful trip. I love the cabin! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@phoenix_dream   We had to try your recommendation.   We were a little apprehensive as their portions look so HUGE and they were. 

It was incredible but we could only eat half our portion in order to save room for desert.

Iain had the Wiener schnitzel and I had the The Beef Strudel

image.thumb.jpeg.916a10277b7d83f93490e9f8fef36d3b.jpeg

IMG_6594.thumb.jpeg.3b116a0ce7e88eef74038cb8904ee9ce.jpeg

IMG_6595.thumb.jpeg.f38026d0923a30199bfbf7afb6db41fc.jpeg

IMG_6593.thumb.jpeg.eff70a7739f64f9c4bb4580b4ec4f020.jpeg

IMG_6596.thumb.jpeg.7e0098db15d0d070a686ab5e06e6ded2.jpeg

IMG_6598.thumb.jpeg.c5b8b948bfa9fd22728d2b6b64dd27fb.jpeg

IMG_6599.thumb.jpeg.2badca0ecc01a014551915c169d3918b.jpeg

image.jpeg.100160b97ea3511d71032fcec33be3d9.jpeg

Oh my I have eaten here when I was in Milwaukee for a work conference!  So good!  Thanks for sharing pictures brings back the memories of such a good meal!  Hope you enjoyed.

• Thanks 1