Just got on Enchanted Princess for 7 day cruise September 2, 2023

dickinson

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for taking the time out of your cruise to do a live from! Please think about posting a review boards when you come back. Enjoy the rest of your sailing!"

dickinson was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 10 points.

Hi all!  I know there have been previous live from's but just wanted to post some of my experiences.  We spent two full days in Athens seeing as much as we could but not nearly enough.  It is amazing how the heat can affect an early 70's body!  We are in decent shape but walked out tushis off!  Stayed at the Athens Gate Hotel.  Very centrally located.  We took an Athens-walking-tours tour of the Acropolis and to the new Acropolis museum.  Very nice having a guide explain everything to us. I'm sure we would have missed a lot of detail if we did it on our own,

Today we arrived at the Enchanted Princess.  We had asked for a 9:30 am pick up and were at the port about 10:00 or a little earlier.  We used Welcome Pickups and they were excellent (also used them for airport to hotel).  We arrived before boarding began.  Not too many people in the room.  There was a small section blocked off for elite/suites to have some refreshments but you didn't need to sit there (not too many chairs).  We said we were elite but weren't hungry so sat down in the main section.  They handed out cards with boarding groups and because we were elite they gave us A.  When called we went to another room.  Every one lined up together.  I noticed it said green lane but we didn't have medallions .  They said no problem.  I think that is where they looked at our passport.  we then went to another area and got our medallions.  Easy peasy.  

Once on the ship we signed up for internet.  Rooms were not open til 1:00 pm but we could drop off our stuff.  We then went to Guest Services to ask if Elites could get free laundry tokens (I had read on here that some ships give them out).  No problem, she gave us 4 tokens for two loads of washing and drying.  Dh just came back to room and said things are not working.  He loaded a machine and put our detergent in (that we brought from home).  Put the token in and then NOTHING.  He used the phone and was on hold a bit.  Someone is supposed to be coming.

Meanwhile, we had a delicious lunch in the main dining room.  I always love the Nutella ice cream for dessert.  Unless my memory is wrong, this didn't have much Nutella flavoring.  Just a hint.  We saw a secluded table for 2 and asked hostess if we could have it in the downstairs dining room (Santorini).  She said she would check but asked if we could change reservation from 6:20 pm to 6 pm.  Sure.  She said she would call us after speaking with a supervisor.  She called and we have the table !  Yay.  Here is hoping the wait staff there is good 🙂

We exchanged our mini bar for all bottles of water.  No room service charge for this.  We also checked Alfreds/Gigi's.  Pizza is $8.50 and the $14.99 is for the prix fix menu.  I don't remember the price of an appetizer or dessert because I was really curious as to the price of the pizza.

Except for the laundry machine not working, all is good!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Update to laundry.  I went to guest services and they gave me two more tokens.  Meanwhile a lady in the laundry room said she had just used the machine and it had worked.  Dh put another token in and it now worked.  Also, someone there said they too were elite but didn't know she could go to guest services and get a free token. She had been on for at least one cruise before this one and doing laundry without free tokens.  So glad I read Cruise Critic!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

s.  We also checked Alfreds/Gigi's.  Pizza is $8.50 and the $14.99 is for the prix fix menu.  I don't remember the price of an appetizer or dessert because I was really curious as to the price of the pizza.

Thanks for the update - have a wonderful time!  And for confirming the Gigi's pizza price - this lines up with some menus I saw posted by a passenger on Discovery Princess which showed Appetizer $5.50, Pizza/Pasta $8.50, Special Pizza $12 and Dessert $4.   If you ever pop into to O'Malley's would be good if you could check the a la carte pricing there too just in case Princess tweaked those as well.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dides said:

Thanks for the update - have a wonderful time!  And for confirming the Gigi's pizza price - this lines up with some menus I saw posted by a passenger on Discovery Princess which showed Appetizer $5.50, Pizza/Pasta $8.50, Special Pizza $12 and Dessert $4.   If you ever pop into to O'Malley's would be good if you could check the a la carte pricing there too just in case Princess tweaked those as well.

@dides I’ll try to find out for you. Might be tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a glorious voyage.  I will be following your adventures.  Thanks for reporting on changing out the mini bar.  Now to find out if suites will be charged for MDR delivery.  If you just happen to run across anyone who may have the answer, please ask.  Thanks

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Is O'Malley's food menu coming?

When I stopped by O'Malley's it was crowded.  I saw a server and asked for a menu so I could photo it of a friend.  This is what he gave me.  I asked if any food and he said this was it.

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Have a glorious voyage.  I will be following your adventures.  Thanks for reporting on changing out the mini bar.  Now to find out if suites will be charged for MDR delivery.  If you just happen to run across anyone who may have the answer, please ask.  Thanks

Just called room service.  They started talking about breakfast and using the door knocker for no charge.  Had to say no, I'm talking about ordering lunch or dinner and that is a "perk" for being in a suite.  She said that is a perk of a suite but the delivery isn't free so it would be $5 charge.  You will have to check again on your cruise in case she is wrong.  Sorry.  

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Just called room service.  They started talking about breakfast and using the door knocker for no charge.  Had to say no, I'm talking about ordering lunch or dinner and that is a "perk" for being in a suite.  She said that is a perk of a suite but the delivery isn't free so it would be $5 charge.  You will have to check again on your cruise in case she is wrong.  Sorry.  

Thanks for calling.  I will come with all of will power (to be nice).  I have lots of days to get this resolved to "my" satisfaction.  Not that I would use it.  It's the principle.  

To summarize:

1.  No charge to exchange mini-bar.

2.  No charge (from someone else) to order Elite/Suite Tea Service.

3.  No charge for using door hanger for regular breakfast order.

Have a fantastic day tomorrow and every day after that.

• Like 1

We're on this trip too. 

Used Welcome pickups from Piraeus hotel which was easy and echo the boarding procedure mentioned above. 

Having been to Santorini a few times, we decided to stay on board.  

Elite minibar items swapped for no additional charge via room service on day 1.   

We had lunch on boarding in Capri dining room which worked well. 

Lovely sunset departing Piraeus. 

Amalfi (aft dining room) busy at 8.30. Had to send pork back twice as very pink in the middle so wary.  It's not like having steak rare, pork undercooked can cause problems.

It's a very windy day day Sat by retreat pool but still sunny and 28 degrees outside.  

• Thanks 1

@LWhit we went ashore. Been here once before. This time took a ship excursion to Oia  crowds were there but not as bad as I thought. Only took about 30 minutes in line to ride the cable car down. Sitting in the piazza now. I’ll try to attach a few pictures.

IMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.06bba31fb2d96d065dea70623bde6b30.jpegIMG_0376.thumb.jpeg.5a686e7541195a4c392fef3020e8e08a.jpegIMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.3932509c4db02bb95310fd08e002449c.jpegIMG_0365.thumb.jpeg.e5e70fe941df6b6a225b7396608ce1e4.jpeg

• Like 5

Meant to put this picture in but on my phone it was so small I couldn't distinguish it. Only one blue dome is painted bright.  The other two are faded.

Also, I know this is a hard discussion for many people but we were on an excursion bus and the woman in front of us kept coughing, a LOT.  They had been on already for 2 weeks and this was their final week.  I asked if she had taken a Covid test but she said she had not. OY!!!!  When we got back on the bus and she was coughing some more I told her I hoped she felt better soon but she should take a covid test to find out if she is spreading it all over the ship, especially on the bus we were on.  If I come down with it, I am sure it will be from her.IMG_0369.thumb.jpeg.d33e86f031cab50b7401e5c155661b49.jpeg

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Sorry but not sure why pictures posted many times. Don’t know how to deleted them .

Within 20 minutes, edit post. Tap and hold on a photo and it highlights.  Hit delete key.  On PC, highlight a photo and delete.  I do this a lot when replying to a post with a string of photos as no need to repeat them all in a reply to a text post.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

Meant to put this picture in but on my phone it was so small I couldn't distinguish it. Only one blue dome is painted bright.  The other two are faded.

Also, I know this is a hard discussion for many people but we were on an excursion bus and the woman in front of us kept coughing, a LOT.  They had been on already for 2 weeks and this was their final week.  I asked if she had taken a Covid test but she said she had not. OY!!!!  When we got back on the bus and she was coughing some more I told her I hoped she felt better soon but she should take a covid test to find out if she is spreading it all over the ship, especially on the bus we were on.  If I come down with it, I am sure it will be from her.

Bummer.  Any sort of cover-up by her?

17 minutes ago, lindkn2 said:

I will be on this cruise in October.  SOOOO  Looking forward to it.  Can you tell me if they have theme nights?  Formal night?   Just wondering if I need to pack anything out of the ordinary.   

I don’t think any theme nights on Princess but they have us a list of theme nights in the World Fresh Market place as far as food.