When is Aurora due a refit?

Malcolm142

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think if P&O do complete the promised freshen up of both Aurota and Arcadia,  and if they can continue to achieve premium prices and full ships, then I guess both might have up to a further 10 years of life left in them.

🤞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think if P&O do complete the promised freshen up of both Aurota and Arcadia,  and if they can continue to achieve premium prices and full ships, then I guess both might have up to a further 10 years of life left in them.

Quite possible - but if someone comes along with an offer that Carnival can't refuse one, or both, could be gone tomorrow.

Personally it does not bother me one way or the other - I really don't like Aurora and have had too many cruises on Arcadia - these days I prefer the larger ships.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, david63 said:

Quite possible - but if someone comes along with an offer that Carnival can't refuse one, or both, could be gone tomorrow.

Personally it does not bother me one way or the other - I really don't like Aurora and have had too many cruises on Arcadia - these days I prefer the larger ships.

Nor me, but while they are still there it keeps the upward price pressure off the other ships in the fleet.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Yorkie 01 said:

We were told by captain Simon Love , she had another 5 years left in her . and the engine rooms are still in good nick .

I do hope so, but they have a history of saying that about ships and then selling them 6 months later 😂 I think that the main reason that Aurora will thankfully be around for some years to come is that, post Covid, the demand for old cruise ships has almost vanished. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I do hope so, but they have a history of saying that about ships and then selling them 6 months later 😂 I think that the main reason that Aurora will thankfully be around for some years to come is that, post Covid, the demand for old cruise ships has almost vanished. 

I suppose there's always the risk of Carnival doing what they initially did with Adonia, and transferring her to another part of the company.

12 hours ago, Yorkie 01 said:

We were told by captain Simon Love , she had another 5 years left in her . and the engine rooms are still in good nick .

Yeah right.  They told us that about Oriana.  She was gone 2 months later.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Yeah right.  They told us that about Oriana.  She was gone 2 months later.

Oriana was on it's lasts legs though. If the vibration in the mdr wasn't enough to put me off her, it was the total loss of power (twice) despite a chunk of the top deck having two generators on it. None of that is true about Aurora. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Oriana was on it's lasts legs though. If the vibration in the mdr wasn't enough to put me off her, it was the total loss of power (twice) despite a chunk of the top deck having two generators on it. None of that is true about Aurora. 

We were on Oriana in 1996, the first cruise after the propellers were changed to eliminate the vibration. It didn’t work. The Captain announced the first night that we were going up to full speed to test them. We were having dinner and everything started vibrating like mad. She lasted a good few years after that though 😂 

On 9/2/2023 at 6:29 PM, Fionboard said:

She has already had a lot of new carpets, furniture, mattresses, deck furniture , curtains, etc. and was looking pretty tidy last month. 

Was looking good in September.  They were bringing the new balcony furniture on as we disembarked.

• Like 1