Is there a Cunard App?

Minz

I have seen reference to an App for Cunard but I can't find how to download it or what it does.

Is there actually one?

We are back on board soon after a 4 year COVID forced break.  Things seem to have changed a bit.

Regards,

Minz.

5 minutes ago, Minz said:

Thank-you.  So it isn't an App but it is seamless via the ship's wifi.

Minz.

It's not an App like some other cruise liners have, sitting in Google Play or Apple Store. It's actually a website redirect, which provides things like the Daily Programme and your onboard account. So if you look it on a cellphone it looks a bit App like (but it's still website hosted) - see below - and you can also access it via a laptop or a tablet. Personally I find it useful and haven't had reliability issues, once past the initial login process. Others manage perfectly well without it.

image.thumb.png.8087ab7d3294d49f1535f7ed491cae74.png

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I love Cunard, but I’m not sure they have really got over the replacement of dipping pens with fountain pens. Luckily, they are good at many other things. 🙂🙂

Pens? That's almost advanced technology in some circumstances.

Some might think quills and vellum [this is Cunard, after all!]. 🙂

Edited by Victoria2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Pushpit said:

It's not an App like some other cruise liners have, sitting in Google Play or Apple Store. It's actually a website redirect, which provides things like the Daily Programme and your onboard account. So if you look it on a cellphone it looks a bit App like (but it's still website hosted) - see below - and you can also access it via a laptop or a tablet. Personally I find it useful and haven't had reliability issues, once past the initial login process. Others manage perfectly well without it.

image.thumb.png.8087ab7d3294d49f1535f7ed491cae74.png

Thank you for sharing this info and website image. We're 5 weeks away from our first Cunard cruise so this is very helpful!

Question: Does the Onboard Dining section show MDR evening menus? Just curious. Thanks again!

Unfortunately no, that would indeed be useful. But the Britannia menus are put out well before hand and on display near the lift area. On QV they don't normally open the upper level for lunch so the dinner menu is often showing mid morning on deck 3, and you can then drop down a level for the lunch menu.

• Thanks 1

Just got off an RCI cruise and loved their app. I could see what was open for dining immediately, or look at what was open later and view the menu. Pool times, and when soft ice cream was available at the pool I could see activities by general category like entertainment or sports. Did I carry my phone around everywhere? No. I would like to see Cunard’s app become as useful.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 12:10 AM, WoorimBeachLady said:

Be careful what you wish for. That Princess medallion and app seems like hard work.

The commonly heard term for the Princess Medallion app is, "wonky." And yes, there is a learning curve.

We have cruised twice with it and the first, it worked not at all. The second, it worked seamlessly for preboarding, but on the ship, we found it's better to not bother with it. 

My opinion is that technology is a solution in search of a problem. If there's no problem, you don't need a solution. If the cruise line creates a problem so you need a solution, why sail that cruise line?

Otherwise, the Medallion App is sort of like owning a cat. It can provide some comfort and something to do, but ultimately it's pointless. (I say as a cat owner.)

So yes, we are here to see if we should try Cunard next, because I think we're done with Princess.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Screenshot2023-10-1006_09_25.thumb.png.09d6729342ed4473c241451988ee0855.png

35 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Do we have to purchase a Cunard wifi pkg in order to use the digital planner when on QM2?  Or does it work via a free intranet?

Free - but you need to sign into Cunard Guest WIFI to access it

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2