Back from Aurora today - Back from 2015

posford

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Question for you.  We are staying 2.7 miles from the port and our check in is 1230.  We are parking with CPS.  So what time would you arrive at the port?  I am thinking we need at least 15 minutes or more for CPS to take the car?

I would arrive at 11:30.

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

I would arrive at 11:30.

Thank you and now I have another question.  Been Caribbean for some time, but because we always arrived around 2pm, we also went to the buffet.  Where is the Welcome on Board lunch served?  MDR?

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thank you and now I have another question.  Been Caribbean for some time, but because we always arrived around 2pm, we also went to the buffet.  Where is the Welcome on Board lunch served?  MDR?

In June it was in Alexandria restaurant. 
btw - CPS suggested I book car in around 40 mins before boarding time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

In June it was in Alexandria restaurant. 
btw - CPS suggested I book car in around 40 mins before boarding time.

That's even better.  Think we might turn up at 1130.  If we have to wait 15 minutes, it won't kill us.  Has muster changed.  Have I read somewhere that you go to muster station as soon as you board and then watch the video?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

That's even better.  Think we might turn up at 1130.  If we have to wait 15 minutes, it won't kill us.  Has muster changed.  Have I read somewhere that you go to muster station as soon as you board and then watch the video?

Yep good idea - was Alexandria on my cruise 

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Have I read somewhere that you go to muster station as soon as you board and then watch the video?

That’s right. You just go to your muster station first, they scan your boarding pass (as keycards are now not given at check-in - they are in an envelope in the mail slot outside your cabin) and then go to the designated MDR for your priority boarders lunch. On Iona it was a buffet (much better than the previous version) but on Britannia it was a waiter served meal, which we preferred. Either way, a nice start to the cruise and far better than the buffet. Enjoy!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s right. You just go to your muster station first, they scan your boarding pass (as keycards are now not given at check-in - they are in an envelope in the mail slot outside your cabin) and then go to the designated MDR for your priority boarders lunch. On Iona it was a buffet (much better than the previous version) but on Britannia it was a waiter served meal, which we preferred. Either way, a nice start to the cruise and far better than the buffet. Enjoy!

Thanks all.

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Noticed on our boarding passes this time no barcode just our cruise card number instead and a qr code further down.

I noticed that too, it makes the pass look different than previous, I just assume it is a natural progression.

• Like 1