Celebrity Beyond - MDR

JanNSteH

This will be our second time on a Celebrity ship.  We are more familiar with RCL ships.  Our TA assigned us with a 6 pm dinner seating.  In researching, I see that the Beyond has 4 dining areas (Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, etc.) and each venue has entrees specific to that region as well as the standard/classic entrees.  The Celebrity app has a place where I can make dinner reservation for each of the dining venues.  

Question:  How does one do this if you don't know what the "special" entree will be for that night?  A quick look at the dining menu is showing me that the "special" entree is the same every night, depending on the venue.  For those who've been on The Beyond, is the dining menu accurate?  Some say they're accurate and some say to wait until you get onboard to see what it is.  If we have to make reservations before we get onboard, I'd rather do it sooner than later to ensure seating times when we want as there will be 12 of us going.  Also would like to like all of our dinner reservations together so that we can be sure that we can sit all together.  If not, at least divided between 2 tables of 6 next to each other instead of across the dining room from each other.

Thanks! 

I was on Edge a month ago.

Ther MDRs have a few tables that can take 12, although you should get in quick to reserve them. 

Any of the MDRs will serve you any dish from any of the others on request.

The "special" mains in each MDR do not change. 

The menu is in 3 parts:

* the special dishes for that specific MDR

* the standard dishes always available (salmon, NY strip steak....)

* a few different dishes each night (same in each MDR)

Enjoy your cruise.

With 12 you may want to consider 2 tables of 6 near each other and rotate who sits together.  Easier for conversation, easier for wait staff and less noisy than 12 people at 1 table trying to talk.

As for the menus you can order the “exclusive items” from each restaurant in any of the 4.  You do not have to be seated in Cyprus to order their exclusive menu items.

1 hour ago, JanNSteH said:

For those who've been on The Beyond, is the dining menu accurate?  Some say they're accurate and some say to wait until you get onboard to see what it is. 

Menu was always accurate when I was on board, although you do probably have to wait until on board when menus for the cruise are loaded, but they always follow a set pattern. Were always able to check next nights menu while dining.

The menus in the app are for the current sailing of that ship.  If your sailing is the same length and similar itinerary then it is probably correct.  But if your sailing is longer, shorter or has a late night departure and the current sailing doesn’t then the order of the menus could be different.

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

There is no assigned dining times on the Beyond (or any E-Class ship), despite what the website says. All dining rooms are anytime. Since there are 12 of you, I would work with the Maitre D directly to make reservations.

Since you say no assigned dining times, and it's anytime does this mean that what's on my confirmation is I have anytime dining starting at 6 pm?

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

With 12 you may want to consider 2 tables of 6 near each other and rotate who sits together.  Easier for conversation, easier for wait staff and less noisy than 12 people at 1 table trying to talk.

As for the menus you can order the “exclusive items” from each restaurant in any of the 4.  You do not have to be seated in Cyprus to order their exclusive menu items.

Great idea!  Yes, that is what I think we should do.  Get 2 tables of 6 hopefully near each other and hopefully with the same waitstaff so that we can rotate per couple amongst the two tables.  

So if I'm sitting in Cosmopolitan and my husband sees a Lamb Shank from Cyprus, he can order that?  If this is the case, do we really need to switch to the different MDR venues each night?  Just figure wit us needing 2 tables of 6, it may be easier if we stay put in one dining room and order what we want from the others.

13 minutes ago, JanNSteH said:

Since you say no assigned dining times, and it's anytime does this mean that what's on my confirmation is I have anytime dining starting at 6 pm?

There are no assigned times even though yours says 6 pm.  The restaurants usually open at 5:30 pm.  People will start lining up at 5:10 pm. Don't be surprised to see a line.

The dining areas are rather busy with high volume of voices.  The advice of 2 tables of 6 makes sense although there are long banquet style tables for parties of 12.  Talk to the head staff of the restaurant you are interested in dining. 

2 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

No, it just means Celebrity hasn't changed the booking system to accommodate this change.

2 hours ago, keesar said:

There are no assigned times even though yours says 6 pm.  The restaurants usually open at 5:30 pm.  People will start lining up at 5:10 pm. Don't be surprised to see a line.

The dining areas are rather busy with high volume of voices.  The advice of 2 tables of 6 makes sense although there are long banquet style tables for parties of 12.  Talk to the head staff of the restaurant you are interested in dining. 

Thank you.  Once onboard, I will definitely talk to the head waiter.  

23 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

This will be our second time on a Celebrity ship.  We are more familiar with RCL ships.  Our TA assigned us with a 6 pm dinner seating.  In researching, I see that the Beyond has 4 dining areas (Cosmopolitan, Cyprus, etc.) and each venue has entrees specific to that region as well as the standard/classic entrees.  The Celebrity app has a place where I can make dinner reservation for each of the dining venues.  

Question:  How does one do this if you don't know what the "special" entree will be for that night?  A quick look at the dining menu is showing me that the "special" entree is the same every night, depending on the venue.  For those who've been on The Beyond, is the dining menu accurate?  Some say they're accurate and some say to wait until you get onboard to see what it is.  If we have to make reservations before we get onboard, I'd rather do it sooner than later to ensure seating times when we want as there will be 12 of us going.  Also would like to like all of our dinner reservations together so that we can be sure that we can sit all together.  If not, at least divided between 2 tables of 6 next to each other instead of across the dining room from each other.

Thanks! 

We were on the Beyond in February. I had heard such changes to MDR on the Edge class ships.  When I called Celebrity, I was assured up and down that I had a 6:00 PM reservation time and that when we got to out stateroom we would find a card with our table number and which dining room we were assigned. NO SUCH THING! Make sure that as soon as you get on the ship that you find the "dining" table near the guest services and book your reservations for what ever dining rooms that you want along with the times that you want. Alternatively, if you are early enough, you can do all this online. There is no such thing as 6 or 8 pm dining times on the Beyond. 

3 hours ago, carbon said:

I just booked our times for October-November 2024, doing b2b. Just rotated our 7pm reservation through all 4 dining rooms. Hopefully we like it.

Hope you do too!  On Beyond this past January, we  only ate in the 4 MDR's and had no issues.  WE did love the Lamb Shanks in the Greek themed MDR. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, carbon said:

I just booked our times for October-November 2024, doing b2b. Just rotated our 7pm reservation through all 4 dining rooms. Hopefully we like it.

Not sure how you did this.... We are on the "repurposed" Beyond ABC cruise in June 2024...and there is nothing for me to book. 

It shows...Main Dinning Seating Time - Early 6pm.

15 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Not sure how you did this.... We are on the "repurposed" Beyond ABC cruise in June 2024...and there is nothing for me to book. 

It shows...Main Dinning Seating Time - Early 6pm.

Went into plan my cruise. Scrolled down to bottom of page in dining.  Chose dining room and reserved. Picked from list of times available every 30 minutes starting at 6pm to 9:30

10 hours ago, dadofjessie said:

We were on the Beyond in February. I had heard such changes to MDR on the Edge class ships.  When I called Celebrity, I was assured up and down that I had a 6:00 PM reservation time and that when we got to out stateroom we would find a card with our table number and which dining room we were assigned. NO SUCH THING! Make sure that as soon as you get on the ship that you find the "dining" table near the guest services and book your reservations for what ever dining rooms that you want along with the times that you want. Alternatively, if you are early enough, you can do all this online. There is no such thing as 6 or 8 pm dining times on the Beyond. 

Yes, I was told that we have 6 pm seating as well.  There are 12 of us and we want to get 2 tables of 6 near each other so it will be nice to make sure our reservations are linked so that one table is not on the other side of the dining room but rather close by.  I will go online and try to get reservations with a set dining time and also, when we get onboard, follow up with guest services.

7 hours ago, carbon said:

When you made your reservations for 7 pm, did the time interfere with any of the shows?

1 hour ago, carbon said:

Went into plan my cruise. Scrolled down to bottom of page in dining.  Chose dining room and reserved. Picked from list of times available every 30 minutes starting at 6pm to 9:30

That is very helpful.  Will give it a try.

10 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

When you made your reservations for 7 pm, did the time interfere with any of the shows?

We will catch the later show if possible.  We are doing b2b so if there is a show I really want to see I hopefully can see it sometime. 

13 hours ago, carbon said:

☹️Tried late last night and again now.  Just did as you suggested and was not able to pick times, etc.  Our names are "grayed" out so I can't get past selecting our names to even select a time.  Not sure if this is a glitch in the system or this means that all the dining times in the MDR are full.  

26 minutes ago, JanNSteH said:

☹️Tried late last night and again now.  Just did as you suggested and was not able to pick times, etc.  Our names are "grayed" out so I can't get past selecting our names to even select a time.  Not sure if this is a glitch in the system or this means that all the dining times in the MDR are full.  

It might be if they have put you in specific dining instead of Select time.  You can check your reservation and it might let you change to select or you may have to call and have it changed.  Then you should be able to make reservations online.  image.png.d2c6bb9aba6b2dec986da96de1ca62f7.png