Booking a future cruise onboard a cruise

Not a username2

15 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

I'm wondering whether to book a cruise now for 2025 before the All-in discontinues the gratuities. It would be around $350 to pay for the gratuities.

Is booking a future cruise on board the ship as much of a saving?

Main thing is getting the lower deposit and some extra OBC.  You're still paying the prevailing rates at that time.  Never felt a need to do it, as I prefer to use my TA and let them handle everything about the reservation.  Monitors prices specials etc.  All I do is pick what and if any excursions I might want to go on.  

Booking a cruise while on a cruise, get you some extra onboard credit and you pay a lower deposit.  There’s no reduction in price— the price would be the same. After you book on board, you can transfer to your travel agent to take over the booking from there. There’s really no downside to booking on board. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Main thing is getting the lower deposit and some extra OBC.  You're still paying the prevailing rates at that time.  Never felt a need to do it, as I prefer to use my TA and let them handle everything about the reservation.  Monitors prices specials etc.  All I do is pick what and if any excursions I might want to go on.  

You may have misunderstood how it works.  When you book on board, the booking goes directly to the Travel agent.  Often it crosses his desk before I have even left the Future Cruise Office!

38 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Booking a cruise while on a cruise, get you some extra on board credit and you pay a lower deposit.  There’s no reduction in price— the price would be the same. After you book on board, you can transfer to your travel agent to take over the booking from there. There’s really no downside to booking on board. 

Exactly what we have done for " years ", and , to add :

If you request, Celebrity will send the booking to your Agent as soon as you book.

The extra OBC is based upon the room category you select and the number of days of the cruise.

Why we do it :

By transferring the booking to our Agent ( can't mention their name on CC ) they send a Gift Card based on 8-9% of what we paid for the cruise which can be used in any of their stores.

( LOL- we were able to buy lots of their $1.50 hot dogs and still have 4000 garbage bags left ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Exactly what we have done for " years ", and , to add :

If you request, Celebrity will send the booking to your Agent as soon as you book.

The extra OBC is based upon the room category you select and the number of days of the cruise.

Why we do it :

By transferring the booking to our Agent ( can't mention their name on CC ) they send a Gift Card based on 8-9% of what we paid for the cruise which can be used in any of their stores.

( LOL- we were able to buy lots of their $1.50 hot dogs and still have 4000 garbage bags left ).

Haha I love how you didn’t mention the agent. I disliked the agents I’ve tried dealing with in the past but am thinking of moving to that agency. Always wonder what people mean by big agents on CC but never have an idea of what they mean so thank you lol.

2 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

I disliked the agents I’ve tried dealing with in the past but am thinking of moving to that agency.

I never had a poor Agent there and never have to wait for a callback.

You being from Ottawa, I see that there are a few locations to spend the Gift Card.

Question :

LOL---What would you prefer  ??

A gift card to spend as you wish, say for a 4pack of mustard ,a 20 lb bag of pistachio nuts (to get ready for the hockey season) , and a container with 90 hot chicken wings ( to get ready for the football season ), or get stuck with $27 OBC that you don't know what to do with, so, you're "bamboozled" and post a thread on CC  " I have $ 27 OBC left, what would you spend it on " ?

Reminds me of some of the dumbest threads --- lots of 'em lately.

( I know-- don't have to tell me --- been to that " dance " more than once )

8 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You may have misunderstood how it works.  When you book on board, the booking goes directly to the Travel agent.  Often it crosses his desk before I have even left the Future Cruise Office!

I don’t think it has to go to your TA. In the past we have requested to have the booking in our names and not to the agent. Maybe that has changed. 

If the current cruise was booked via a TA the future booking will by default be assigned to that same agency.  If this is not what you want you have to request it be held by Celebrity and will have to sign a form.  You can then assign it to any agency within 30 days.

Edited by wrk2cruise