Thermal suite current costs

Rebecca J

We are on the NCL Breakaway in March out of New Orleans. Does anyone have any current information on how much a pass for a 7-night cruise costs per person on this ship or any ship right not? i understand they do not release that specific information for our cruise until 120 days out, but I am just trying to estimate costs for this cruise as I make my plans. Thanks for any information. 

1 hour ago, Rebecca J said:

Is it less when purchased onboard? And for those of you who use it, is it worth it? All of the spa staterooms but the Haven spa suites were sold out when we booked and those were too pricey for us.

We don't cruise without a thermal suite pass, unless we happen to cruise on a ship without a thermal suite (NCL Joy, for instance). I love the relaxing warm air, water jets making my muscles feel like jell-o, and of course the sauna, salt room, and steam room! It's a really lovely way to relax, forget about all the work troubles on your mind, and just soak away. The heated loungers are wonderful too. 

Not sure about price difference. It might not be available as it has sold out on our cruises before the cruise. Most worthwhile $300 - $400/week for each of us that we can spend. But, we love water and warmth...even if I still love snowy NY! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebecca J said:

Is it less when purchased onboard? And for those of you who use it, is it worth it? All of the spa staterooms but the Haven spa suites were sold out when we booked and those were too pricey for us.

They cost more when booked onboard.

We never sail without a thermal suite pass. And use it every day.

wrt to Spa rooms,,, watch out. The only think you get is a spa pass and a room. It is often cheaper to book a regular room of your choice and buy a spa pass. 

The value of the thermal suite to me varies depending on the itinerary. I used it every evening on a western Mediterranean cruise because there was so much walking on the excursions I did.

I have it booked again for an Alaskan cruise next month because we've a lot of time at sea and it's unlikely to be the weather for the pool deck.  I don't think I'd bother on a Caribbean cruise as I usually have a couple of beach/water based excursions on those itineraries. 

BTW the price also varies per cruise even if it's the same duration and ship. $350ish seems to be the current upper limit on a 7 day. 

I suspect cooler temperature itineraries and more time at sea would push up demand and therefore the price. 

3 hours ago, Rebecca J said:

Whether it is worth it or not depends on your point of view. I find that we use it two or three times on a typical cruise so we have decided that it is not worth the money,

Thanks for all the great information. This is our first cruise in many years on NCL and is a spring break cruise that is already booked way up. We are an older active couple and usually sail Celebrity or Holland where we normally use their versions of thermal suites. The Breakaway’s looks great, I am just weighing the added cost. The information is very valuable you are providing. We are looking forward to revisiting Norwegian and seeing how it has evolved. Going out of NOL where we honeymooned 47 years ago.

• Like 4

Can you buy a day pass? We have a port day everyday on Viva in November.  After coming back, we have dinner reservations, not sure when we will have time to the thermal suites, at least not everyday. 

Is the thermal suite the only place you can get suna, jacuzzi etc (no such facility else where on the ship), or it is just a less crowded, more prestiges private place? 

TIA!

1 minute ago, JerseyBird said:

Can you buy a day pass? We have a port day everyday on Viva in November.  After coming back, we have dinner reservations, not sure when we will have time to the thermal suites, at least not everyday. 

Is the thermal suite the only place you can get suna, jacuzzi etc (no such facility else where on the ship), or it is just a less crowded, more prestiges private place? 

TIA!

The Haven has a sauna and cold room, but otherwise you'll have to go the thermal suite. There are hot tubs around the ship. If available, day passes can be purchased. I've seen prices between $79 and $99, but I always get the cruise length pass. I do know on a couple cruises I've been on, day passes were never available. 

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

The Haven has a sauna and cold room, but otherwise you'll have to go the thermal suite. There are hot tubs around the ship. If available, day passes can be purchased. I've seen prices between $79 and $99, but I always get the cruise length pass. I do know on a couple cruises I've been on, day passes were never available. 

Got it. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago on Jade, a thermal suite pass for seven days in a Greek Islands itinerary was US$199 per person. We had over twice that in OBC that we probably wouldn’t have used otherwise, so we took it. 

Also, it appeared to be the same price prior to the cruise as it was for us booking on board upon embarkation.