Refillable Water Bottles

be4unoit

I'm going on the Bliss in November (Mexican Riviera)  and was planning on bringing a refillable water bottle. However I just watched a YouTube video where they said you couldn't refill your bottles at the buffet or at the bars? 

Does anyone know if this is true?

Edited by be4unoit
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

However I just watched a YouTube video where they said you couldn't refill your bottles at the buffet or at the bars? 

You CAN, but you're not supposed to refill directly from the dispenser.  I just fill in my room unless I want ice...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Asawi said:

You are not allowed to fill your bottle directly, but are perfectly welcome to fill a clean glass and transfer the liquid to your bottle.

Ahhh okay. I wonder if just taking ice and letting it melt overnight would work as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

Ahhh okay. I wonder if just taking ice and letting it melt overnight would work as well. 

Same applies to ice.  I usually gabbed a couple large cups/glasses of ice and brought them back to my room to put in my bottle(s) then filled with tap water from the faucet in the room.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, be4unoit said:

Ah okay. I don't know why I thought the tap water wouldn't be good. 😂

The tap water on the ship is probably of better quality than the "bottled/box" water being sold. The ship has its own water purification and is reverse osmosis. I'm bringing a small, collapsible funnel so I can pour water into my refillable sport bottle. I tend to spill, otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, be4unoit said:

I'm going on the Bliss in November (Mexican Riviera)  and was planning on bringing a refillable water bottle. However I just watched a YouTube video where they said you couldn't refill your bottles at the buffet or at the bars? 

Bartenders will fill your bottle.

You can go to the buffet, but must take a clean glass, fill it from the dispenser, and pour the water into your bottle. The idea is that you don't want your contaminated bottle near the dispenser. 

• Like 2

You can absolutely use a clean glass at the buffet to fill your bottle with ice and water. Bars will do it too. I like going to O'Sheehan's in the morning. They are not too busy and happy to fill for you. The main dining room will also fill bottles.

• Like 3

Please PLEASE use a new cup every single time you fill up your cup. I end up with like 3 to 4 used cups every time I fill up my water bottle. But this is how we stop the spread of many diseases that cause diarrhea. 

I had an Italian guy cuss me out in Italian for a solid minute because I pointed out the sign to him on my Med cruise. I don't speak Italian, so the joke's on him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DrSea said:

Please PLEASE use a new cup every single time you fill up your cup. I end up with like 3 to 4 used cups every time I fill up my water bottle. But this is how we stop the spread of many diseases that cause diarrhea. 

I had an Italian guy cuss me out in Italian for a solid minute because I pointed out the sign to him on my Med cruise. I don't speak Italian, so the joke's on him.

Laughing about not knowing Italian. I'm fine with tap water in my stateroom if that's good. I'll just pop a couple ice cubes in it and I'm good to go. Heck I drink L.A. Tap water so I'm not fussy!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrSea said:

I use the same cup. I have a giant yeti so the cups never come close to touching.

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I use the same cup. I have a giant yeti so the cups never come close to touching.

The sign says use a new cup every single time. It's your decision to follow the rules or ignore them. 

Have a safe trip

My seniors need hot water and our own electronic kittle is not allowed to be onboard, so we have to fill our giant bottle at the buffet. We will follow the rules to use a new cup each time, which is convenient for us, though not so convenient for the dish cleaning staff team 🤭 I am wondering if I can use the glass cups to get hot water instead of the ceramic cups because the glass cups seem to hold more water so I don’t need to “waste” a lot of cups each fill.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DrSea said:

The sign says use a new cup every single time. It's your decision to follow the rules or ignore them. 

Have a safe trip

I find it crazy to waste 5 clean cups to fill up my 35 ounce wide mouth yeti when nothing is coming close to touching anything. And I have no trips planned, but thanks.

1 hour ago, be4unoit said:

Laughing about not knowing Italian. I'm fine with tap water in my stateroom if that's good. I'll just pop a couple ice cubes in it and I'm good to go. Heck I drink L.A. Tap water so I'm not fussy!

I keep a small(ish) water bottle in the cabin fridge for when I get up thirsty in the middle of night/early morning. The cabin tap water does have a slight taste of chloride, but if chilled it's less noticeable. (Those that live in big cities probably are used to chloride in the water and doesn't even notice it. Us rurals might though...)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, be4unoit said:

Still boggles my mind why NCL does not have bottle refills like 99% of the gyms in the US and Europe

image.thumb.jpeg.855e7229edd7f6866926f654fc4e297e.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Asawi said:

The cabin tap water does have a slight taste of chloride, but if chilled it's less noticeable. (Those that live in big cities probably are used to chloride in the water and doesn't even notice it. Us rurals might though...)

You can also let the water air out in the cabin, so the chlorine dissipates. My home tap water is so chlorinated that it tastes like pool water. One could also bring like a Brita filter bottle, which will remove the chlorine.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I find it crazy to waste 5 clean cups to fill up my 35 ounce wide mouth yeti when nothing is coming close to touching anything. And I have no trips planned, but thanks.

I hear you and sort of agree. But I try to follow rules if the opposite might upset other people. However, I think, right or wrong, that the glass is considered "clean" until I drink from it (after all, you take ice and water without grabbing a new glass), so I refill that same glass a couple of times to fill my wide-mouth glass. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellis1138 said:

You can also let the water air out in the cabin, so the chlorine dissipates. My home tap water is so chlorinated that it tastes like pool water. One could also bring like a Brita filter bottle, which will remove the chlorine.

Oh! I wasn't aware that the chlorine aired away! Thanks! 
I do use a Brita filter can in my mining area summer house to clean the metal taste in the well water. Very efficient!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CruisingFun2023 said:

My seniors need hot water and our own electronic kittle is not allowed to be onboard, so we have to fill our giant bottle at the buffet. We will follow the rules to use a new cup each time, which is convenient for us, though not so convenient for the dish cleaning staff team 🤭 I am wondering if I can use the glass cups to get hot water instead of the ceramic cups because the glass cups seem to hold more water so I don’t need to “waste” a lot of cups each fill.

You can give it to staff and they will fill it for you in the back

The benefits of washing extra cups far outweigh treating someone when their kidneys shut down from too much diarrhea. 

30 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Again see my comment above. Wasting 5 cups is much preferable to kidneys shutting down from explosive diarrhea. 

I'm in my 30s. I'll survive. But will your loved ones? Geriatric ppl walk around dehydrated as is and are predisposed to kidney failure. Just thinking of others here. 

My point: just follow the rules. There is a good reason why they are there in the first place. Why else would they wield that sign there at every single station? 

• Like 3