Embarkation question Alaska

Clummus

I leave on my cruise on 09/16/23, from Vancouver BC, the cruise actually originates in Seattle the day before. My question is, I am embarking early and want to know if I can go directly to my room to drop off my carry on luggage?

12 hours ago, Clummus said:

I leave on my cruise on 09/16/23, from Vancouver BC, the cruise actually originates in Seattle the day before. My question is, I am embarking early and want to know if I can go directly to my room to drop off my carry on luggage?

I'm not sure which cruise originates in Seattle in 15 September, then visits Vancouver on the 16th???

6 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

I'm not sure which cruise originates in Seattle in 15 September, then visits Vancouver on the 16th???

I don't see any HAL ships leaving SEA on sep 15 then yvr on sep 16...i don't see any other cruise lines on that itin either???

18 hours ago, Clummus said:

What does "embarking early" mean? Normally HAL doesn't board anyone until about 11:30, and the rooms are usually ready then.

I think the sailing from Seattle to Vancouver is a one day, separate cruise,mto meet legal requirements. It's not part of your cruise, in fact you may not be able to take that cruise.

The only HAL ship that is in Vancouver on 9/16 is Koningsdam. Koningsdam will be at sea on 9/15 and in Ketchikan, AK on 9/14.

edited to add:

Majestic Princess will also be in Vancouver on 9/16. The previous port for Majestic Princess is also Ketchikan

Edited by richwmn

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

What does "embarking early" mean? Normally HAL doesn't board anyone until about 11:30, and the rooms are usually ready then.

I think the sailing from Seattle to Vancouver is a one day, separate cruise,mto meet legal requirements. It's not part of your cruise, in fact you may not be able to take that cruise.

The Seattle embarkation is for cruisers who are doing the cruise and land. 
my embarkation for the cruise only is at 10am from Vancouver the day. 

Just now, Clummus said:

The Seattle embarkation is for cruisers who are doing the cruise and land. 
my embarkation for the cruise only is at 10am from Vancouver the day. 

I suspect the 10am is your check in time, not your boarding time.

Sorry, the Seattle boarding info still doesn't make sense. The land tour is post cruise, out of Whittier? It's against the law to transport pax from Seattle to Whittier by foreign flagged cruise ship. I assume you mean the land tour is before boarding the ship? The cruise is roundtrip out of Vancouver? Or roundtrip out of Seattle? Where do you get off the ship at the end?

I have a feeling this is actually a land and sea out of Vancouver that includes a transfer (bus) from Seattle, likely to give passengers the option of of better air connections than through Vancouver.

I agree, early luggage dropoff will not be a problem but there will be no early boarding.

Roy

• Like 2

Just came back on the Konningsdam on Sept 9th.  I live in Vancouver.

It is not that simple as checking in and getting on the ship a minute later.

You are getting on the ship in Canada and going to USA.  The process is much more complicated.  This has been discussed on a number of threads.

1.  If you have bags to check, you have to go down to the parking area on P2.  However, when we checked in on Sept 2nd, you don't have to go to P2.  You can do it in the Konningsdam check-in hall.

2.  To check in you go to the convention centre next to the Pan Pacific Hotel.  Walk down the hallway on the left until you get to Hall C.  The first check in is for Princess.  There are 2 ships sailing that day.  Take the next door down to check bags.  Then come out and go in the next door to check in.  There may be a lot of people checking in; depending on time of day.  You will need your boarding pass.  Do not print on both sides.  You will check in on a machine and your photo will be taken.

3.  After completing the check-in, you will be given a small orange slip to confirmed that you have checked in.  You will then be directed to go outside and turn left.  Keep walking until you get to an escalator to go down to P1 for Security and US Immigration.

4.  Go through security just like at the airport.

5.  Go through US Immigration on the machines.  The machine will print out a piece of paper.  Turn in the paper as you leave Immigration.

6.  After Immigration, you will be directed one way for Princess and another way for Konningsdam.  Make sure you are in the right line.  Unless there is not much people and it's after 11am, you will be directed to sit down.  Sit where they tell you with no empty seat before you.  You board the ship by rows.  You will need the boarding pass once you got on the ship.

We started checking in at 10:30am and got on the ship at 12:30pm.  It may take 3 hrs if there are 3 or 4 ships sailing that day.

• Like 1