What is the earliest you have ever gotten on a ship?

Eli_6

3 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

Earliest was probably just before 11am.  

I was able to be the first at the Red Frog Pub for a free drink boarding just after 11.

Free drink? Do you get a free drink for being the first on board?

53 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I will be embarking on Pride out of Civi on October 18.  Less than a month!!  Anyone know what time passengers start to embark in Europe?  Sailaway is 7pm. TIA!!

Not sure when it exactly starts, but last year, we arrived around 11:15 and went through embarkation with no lines. 

We opted to take a shuttle instead of the train due to previous headaches with that system.  I believe a number of people had issues, and someone's luggage did not make it with them. 

34 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

Not sure when it exactly starts, but last year, we arrived around 11:15 and went through embarkation with no lines. 

We opted to take a shuttle instead of the train due to previous headaches with that system.  I believe a number of people had issues, and someone's luggage did not make it with them. 

Thanks for the info! DH and I will be taking carry on only so there shouldn't be a luggage issue. I have purchased Frecciabianca tickets from Roma Termini to Civitavecchia Porto with assigned seats so we should have space for our carry ons above us. Arriving for the port shuttle at 3:05 so there shouldn't be any crowds.

12 hours ago, mzloolue said:

We were first once. There were crew members standing on the stairs singing. I recall a man in a chef's hat. It  was nice. I've never seen it again.

DH and I had that happen on our first cruise after Restart on Magic over Labor Day weekend 2021. Felt like I had won a prize with so many of the crew singing and clapping. The atrium bartender handed out glasses of sparkling wine. Very festive🥳

• Like 1

Around 10:00 on the old Conquest out of New York. The ship arrived empty and my cruisemate and I were PLATINUM and at the front of the list. I think a wedding party boarded before us, but we had an empty ship when we boarded. Great for picture taking. 😄