Allure you CAN use Izumi for BOGO

firefly333

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not sure we're doing the MDR at all if we do wind up going on Allure but good to hear. I have some tentative plans but don't want to get my hopes up or pressure my wife. I'm assuming it's a no and hoping to be wrong, lol.

Last night we had the avacado citrus salad which is my favorite. I sure hope you get on to have some of this good food. 

I'm beginning to think it is my shower leaking and not a coincidence it's my cabin entry and attached hall carpet. I came back after my shower yesterday and the industrial blowing machines were back making a wind tunnel aimed at my door. 

Isnt it lucky it's not my problem like at home. Someone else has to find the leak. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I sure hope you get on to have some of this good food. 

If I get on, I may eat different food than you, but I’ll eat plenty of something... I always do. 🤣 Glad to hear your positive reviews though.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Isnt it lucky it's not my problem like at home. Someone else has to find the leak.

Indeed! That would be a huge pain in the ass.

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If I get on, I may eat different food than you, but I’ll eat plenty of something... I always do. 🤣 Glad to hear your positive reviews though.

Indeed! That would be a huge pain in the ass.

The new diamond lounge coffee maker is much easier to go back and forth from decaf to regular. It's a button right there. The old one would be on decaf and would take me a while to get my caffeine dose and get it back to regular. 

Anything else new anyone is curious about?

20230923_091706.jpg

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The new diamond lounge coffee maker

Interesting. That doesn’t look exactly like the newer one on Wonder…

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.a669be0facfd6f928b189446b9ee4370.jpeg

As long as it’s new & functional I’ll figure it out. Don’t know your drink of choice but one thing I liked about that one was a +1 button that would make your drink larger so it filled the paper to-go cups. I drink cappuccinos & a single cappuccino isn’t very large. Did you happen to notice anything like that?

More importantly (to me), any idea if it’s available in the early morning hours (like 6am)? I know it “should be” but I’ve run into a few cruises where it’s down for cleaning/servicing until 7am. No issues on Wonder though. Obviously not asking you go to the DL at 6am to check, lol, but just in case you’re a member of the early riser club.

Edited by OCSC Mike

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Interesting. That doesn’t look exactly like the newer one on Wonder…

IMG_0305.thumb.jpeg.a669be0facfd6f928b189446b9ee4370.jpeg

As long as it’s new & functional I’ll figure it out. Don’t know your drink of choice but one thing I liked about that one was a +1 button that would make your drink larger so it filled the paper to-go cups. I drink cappuccinos & a single cappuccino isn’t very large. Did you happen to notice anything like that?

More importantly (to me), any idea if it’s available in the early morning hours (like 6am)? I know it “should be” but I’ve run into a few cruises where it’s down for cleaning/servicing until 7am. No issues on Wonder though. Obviously not asking you go to the DL at 6am to check, lol, but just in case you’re a member of the early riser club.

It was available at 6 am today. I was up at 5 am to take sunrise pictures.

There is a repeat button which I assume is repeat the same coffee they just gave you a half cup of. I was afraid it would run over. I can show you ... hang on I'll take a picture. Its cappuccino or mocha. No other specialty choices.

Sun is too bright I had trouble taking a picture you can read, 2 choices now only. Before was a extra foam milk button. Not this time. 2nd picture shows the repeat button.

20230923_095045.jpg

20230923_095108.jpg

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It was available at 6 am today. I was up at 5 am to take sunrise pictures.

Great!  And thanks for the other machine info. I'll risk the overflow, lol.

After zooming in on the pictures, Wonder has an "XT4" and Allure has an "XT5" so there's the slight difference.

Can't really think of anything else to ask about (and still don't think we'll end up going so probably shouldn't). Anything you feel like sharing is of interest to me, especially food info/reviews.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Allure guy said fleetwide they are enforcing bogo as night 1 and night 2. I said if that were happening now I would have seen it on some social media. It seems to be just allure.

Rinse and repeat next week except I booked night 1 and 2. Dont want times switched on me again. Booking for bogo for next week is already opened. 

They are right now enforcing it on this ship, starting this week. On the plus side i got 150 as my bogo with izumi. 

For anyone going to roatan bring bug spray. People are getting bit especially on the beaches and reporting red welts. Someone else not the beach said attacked by black mosquitoes then found out the rcl driver had bug spray and that did it. Or stay close to the port.

I read a 2nd new pool opened in costa maya further back near the exit. Free. 

Lol I just saw a lady in the diamond lounge wearing one of those royalcaribbean white robes. Hahahaha. Styling!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I just saw a lady in the diamond lounge wearing one of those royalcaribbean white robes. Hahahaha. Styling!

🤣 Where’s the pic? Anyone who goes to the DL in a robe surely wants to be seen!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I read a 2nd new pool opened in costa maya further back near the exit. Free. 

Thanks for the info.

I knew there was construction but hadn’t heard any reports of what it was. Is it open yet?

So does that mean there are now three pools or have they done something else with the one near the dolphins that used to be the snorkeling pool?

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Thanks for the info.

I knew there was construction but hadn’t heard any reports of what it was. Is it open yet?

So does that mean there are now three pools or have they done something else with the one near the dolphins that used to be the snorkeling pool?

My dinner companions said it was open. I heard it at dinner after we reboarded. There was a 2nd pool open. Way in the back. 

I could go look this next week. Unfortunately I wouldnt be back on until late Thursday after this. I'm a mere D+ and solo so just 2 days of wifi. It's been hot all week. I stayed on. Last year sept they offered discounted excursions but havent seen any this year. The sea weed is better though now, not like it was last march. If it's not impossibly hot I'll walk and go look.

I had a panic last night. My safe isnt working right. I guess I should ask to get it fixed. It takes a minimum of 4 times punching in numbers, or more and the numbers arent appearing on the read out. I needed my passport for turn around today. Idk maybe a battery in them is going bad.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:59 AM, firefly333 said:

Oh it seems I photographed the D+ cheers with a officer. I thought the free steak in the Mdr is 100% better, but that's me.  I'll skip it next week. Other food I like better. Seemed to be for those who just wanted to drink as fast as they could which isnt my thing, but great for those who like wine imo.

Was worth checking out. 

20230919_114349.jpg

On my Oasis August 20 event, as you mentioned the wine was free flowing.  I'm not a wine drinker and asked for a light beer.  To my surprise, which did not happen previously, they charged my D+ drink allowance.🤣

By the way they had a nice filet as an entree and cooked to my liking.  

This seems a little crazy they mixed b2b and regular departures all into the silk dining room. I couldnt believe the line. Thought all b2b. Still coming in.

Endless line still trying to come into the silk dining room. Its 847 pm. B2b meets here at 9 and so do regular. Maybe the door to outside is open. And just filing thru to get off.

20230924_083450.jpg

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This seems a little crazy they mixed b2b and regular departures all into the silk dining room.

Sounds odd. Only did one B2B ever but we met and hung out in a lounge while everyone else disembarked. Hope turnaround goes smoothly!

BTW, I'm sure you know this, but I saw you mentioned "losing internet" today. You can take your phone off airplane mode and just use cellular while sitting in the port. You just need to switch back to airplane mode when you set sail.

26 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sounds odd. Only did one B2B ever but we met and hung out in a lounge while everyone else disembarked. Hope turnaround goes smoothly!

BTW, I'm sure you know this, but I saw you mentioned "losing internet" today. You can take your phone off airplane mode and just use cellular while sitting in the port. You just need to switch back to airplane mode when you set sail.

I back doored with my tablet. I rarely turn on my cell phone. Have a land line at home.

Some tech person posted a link for us tablet users. Worked for 13 cruises and rcl decided to quit supporting tablets. I have a cell phone because I have to but dont like it. My tablet is my expensive high powered device for my war games.

Seems there was a problem with the gang way today. People still debarking... finally. Sorry sept 24 folks it might be late to get onboard. It's been a zoo. Now 9:21. Later than usual.

Still have wifi yea!

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Are you sure that it wasn't a Pinnacle🤣  Also, enjoy the DL while it's on the 11-12th deck.  On Oasis, the Loyalty Ambassador has the nice view of the Boardwalk.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, firefly333 said:

No I just asked about izumi. But hibachi isnt bogo they said though I didnt want it. 

A frequent cruiser sat down with me in izumi and told me all her favorite things to order, lol not what I ordered. And she doesnt like the desserts so they let her pick a 2nd small order and even packed it up to go for her and then she asked if she could pick it up tomorrow at noon and they said sure and they would make it fresh for her then. I thought they were very accommodating. 

In the Mdr when I finally made it aftrr chops there I sat again alone at a 8 top feeling silly. They stuck me in with 2 tables of all one family and the other 7 did chops that night. A nice couple alone at a 6 top invited me to join them the next night and the head waiter said ok. 

I brought snacks for my cabin steward and been getting him drinks with unused vouchers. He likes diet coke he finally told me. Suites across from my inside balcony so hes top notch, very shy and quiet though. 

I got my usual random bottle of wine or champagne... addressed to Casey someone else ... not my name. Weather has been hot and humid and seas glass smooth. Someone said carnival ships are rockier. I think it has also to do with no winds or waves. Though I agree oasis class doesnt rock much we have same weather as dallas .. not a drop of rain. 

We got our chefs pick or whatever it's called. I especially liked the brownie in the middle. Better than stale WJ cookies. I hope Casey also got his bottle of champagne. I gave mine to my steward.

20230920_100925.jpg

Did you say "stale WJ cookies"? I'm just off Wonder and the cookies every day were fresh, soft and so delicious. Every day (on the kid's buffet section) were chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and coconut ranger cookies. I never saw the kids helping themselves but the adults were always getting those cookies.

I have to say, after 60 cruises, these cookies were among the very best I've had on a cruise ship. The ONLY cookies that were better than these were on the NCL Star way back in 2001 when they were served warm right out of the oven in the Blue Lagoon. They were warm because they would no sooner put them out they were gone. Those cookies kept coming though so they always had them.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, coffeebean said:

Did you say "stale WJ cookies"? I'm just off Wonder and the cookies every day were fresh, soft and so delicious. Every day (on the kid's buffet section) were chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and coconut ranger cookies. I never saw the kids helping themselves but the adults were always getting those cookies.

I have to say, after 60 cruises, these cookies were among the very best I've had on a cruise ship. The ONLY cookies that were better than these were on the NCL Star way back in 2001 when they were served warm right out of the oven in the Blue Lagoon. They were warm because they would no sooner put them out they were gone. Those cookies kept coming though so they always had them.

I was referring to the ones they were putting in our cabins for a while, after they sat out. These were regular WJ cookies except delivered as the chefs treat. I am guessing they got push back as now we have seen other treats. Maybe you arent a high enough loyalty level to remember a time last year they were giving us a plate of cookies in our cabins ..same cookies as WJ. 

Agree the ones in the WJ have been fresh and delicious. They have had my favorites all week, the mudslides and the macadamian cookies. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 3:10 PM, firefly333 said:

Going to go look for John's machine, with Heidi at the top. Cant be any worse. Gambling so far isnt my thing. I keep saying after I move and cruise more I will gamble more for those free cruises but lady luck has fled. 

Heidi wasn't kind to us on Serenade. First couple of days we had very minor wins, $15 or so but then it all went downhill.

Min bid I think was .90cents so it took us seconds to burn through our $10 stake 🤣

Was waiting for you to get internet again. Hope this week has been as good as last week with good food and no BOGO issues. How's the water leak?

We wound up booking Allure for next month with less than an hour left on our courtesy hold. My wife wanted to go but was torn with some work-related stuff and eventually just said book it. Been trying to cobble together plans since we booked it so late and we're pretty set now. Will just have to see a couple shows via standby if a reservation doesn't open up but that's not a big deal.

I was ordered to book Giovanni's Table for one night b/c it has always been my wife's favorite restaurant and we're not likely to see it very often after this and we're tentatively having Sabor on the last night. We liked it on Harmony last year and even though my wife doesn't actually like Mexican, she liked enough stuff there (mostly sides and dessert). If they can just make her a decent plain quesadilla (it's not rocket science) she'll be fine. Outside chance we cancel it once we're onboard and have tried the WJ/MDR.

New question... have you seen a cook to order station in WJ (pasta/wok) for dinner? I don't think you actually have dinner there but maybe you noticed popping in for cookies.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Heidi wasn't kind to us on Serenade. First couple of days we had very minor wins, $15 or so but then it all went downhill.

Min bid I think was .90cents so it took us seconds to burn through our $10 stake 🤣

Hahaha. I walked away with a win of $13.65. Cashed out and got $13 and gave away the 65 cents. 

I loved Heidi. She gave me 9 free games. 

Tbh I was sick monday and didnt use my free promo $$. If you use it within 24 hours you get a extra $2. By the time I used it only had $6. .. so that's on my free $6 promo.

That's a whole another story. Had 150 booked and it was use it or lose it and if I ate I was going to throw up. They agreed to send up a tray of food. I started nibbling on the bread the next day. It was delicious. 

I didnt pack covid tests, meant to. For sure I'll pack some NOW for harmony. Some who got off sunday are testing positive. I never got tested. I went to bed!

We had 2 stowaways sunday they finally had to clear the ship to look for. Customs had come onto the ship, we had our new cards, good to go but 2 pax were missing. I assume they were hiding or wouldn't have had so much trouble finding the 2 culprits. They told us to give them dirty looks when they walked off for holding up the entire ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Was waiting for you to get internet again. Hope this week has been as good as last week with good food and no BOGO issues. How's the water leak?

We wound up booking Allure for next month with less than an hour left on our courtesy hold. My wife wanted to go but was torn with some work-related stuff and eventually just said book it. Been trying to cobble together plans since we booked it so late and we're pretty set now. Will just have to see a couple shows via standby if a reservation doesn't open up but that's not a big deal.

I was ordered to book Giovanni's Table for one night b/c it has always been my wife's favorite restaurant and we're not likely to see it very often after this and we're tentatively having Sabor on the last night. We liked it on Harmony last year and even though my wife doesn't actually like Mexican, she liked enough stuff there (mostly sides and dessert). If they can just make her a decent plain quesadilla (it's not rocket science) she'll be fine. Outside chance we cancel it once we're onboard and have tried the WJ/MDR.

New question... have you seen a cook to order station in WJ (pasta/wok) for dinner? I don't think you actually have dinner there but maybe you noticed popping in for cookies.

Nope, not on allure. And yes I have been to dinner there last 2 nights. I'm taking it easy on my stomach.

Last night was red beans and rice which I love. The night before I made a couple of tacos but wasted food. I'm still getting my appetite back. I liked the taco bar.

Yesterday lunch they had both grilled chicken and that butter curry, I think pork they served downstairs I missed.

I shouldnt say it but I was a bit bored with my table companions. A couple and a couple of women, assume a couple though I missed the first 2 nights. The one night I went all they all talked about was guns. They said you have to excuse us but we all were in law enforcement. I'm all for law enforcement just not so much into gun talk. I have one myself. It's just not a subject I am fascinated by. I'm going tonight for lobster night. And the avacado citrus salad. 

Yesterday was my birthday another reason to skip out. 

Last week was hot and sunny. This week a bit rainy. Nicer for me but not for beach goers.