Whats the cheapest way to get a haven room?

justacruiser1

Shop like a coupon addict.

Seriously, there are no tricks.

Some tips?  Pick a few dates you want to cruise.  Pick a couple itineraries you want to sail.  Older ships usually are cheaper than newer ships.  Although, there have been some great deals on the Prima Haven sailing Europe recently.

Sign up for NCL's (mostly) marketing communications.  They sent some really good deals to me this year for Alaska and Europe.

If you see something you like, and it's in your budget...book it.  Haven Suites do not last long.

Generally, the Haven Spa Suites are the least expensive.  Not always true, but overall.  

In order of cost high to low (no hard and fast rule, just a general observation)...

-3 Bedroom Garden Villa

-Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

-Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

-2 Bedroom Villa with Balcony

-Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

-Aft-Facing Penthouse

-Forward Facing Penthouse

-Deluxe Suite with Balcony

-Spa Suite with Balcony

• Like 1

I think it takes persistence and lots of luck.  Check prices daily and book when you are comfortable with the price you find.  My one and only time in the Haven this past month I had already booked and fully paid for a club balcony suite then I watched the prices daily until I found a price I was willing pay. 

It actually seemed less painful to just pay to upgrade after final payment than to start out looking at a large amount due. I actually upgraded twice as the prices fell and ended up in a two bedroom. The Haven Cabins sold out shortly after I upgraded for the last time at about 85 days out so once the price dropped they sold out pretty fast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justacruiser1 said:

Lets all share some tips and tricks to get a haven room. The prices fluctuate all the time on the website.

Second mortgage on your house. 

We budget for 1 Haven cruise a year (and maybe 5 others). This year we broke that rule with 2 Haven cruises 😁

From my perspective, there is absolutely no need to invest (and I mean invest) in a Haven room. They cost almost as much as our first house. Just enjoy a comfortable in a steerage room and make you feel special by spending a little money on yourself. 

If it is Haven or Bust, then look for a short cruise on a big ship in the Caribbean. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Book early, we always know what room we want and it always goes up a lot before sail date.

This statement is actually wrong and for low-, shoulder-season or repositioning cruises the sweet spot when it comes to booking bargains is to look for cruises that depart in 3-5 months. 
And when you see something in your price range, just book it! Haven cabins are limited and when there is a bargain, they can get sold quickly. 

We just booked our first NCL cruise and booked a Haven forward facing penthouse.  We were looking for a short cruise from NYC (we live in NJ) so we wouldn’t have to fly anywhere.  We found a 5-day cruise to Bermuda  in November  (less than 50 days from sailing) and only checked prices for the Haven.  We’d heard so much about the incredible First Class amenities and service of this ship within a ship that we wanted to try it.  The price seemed quite reasonable and we grabbed it.  By the time our travel agent confirmed the reservation later that evening, we noticed that ALL Haven cabins were sold out (a friend was considering joining us but they waited too long to decide). 

We can’t wait to experience The Haven but are afraid that if we love it as much as everyone says, we will be spoiled to NOT want to cruise any other way (on NCL or other lines).  

1 minute ago, luvtoride said:

Escape, deck 9 🤷🏻‍♂️the cabin looks great!  Just my wife and I.  

With that deck, the main negatives are the forward view from the bedroom (you'll mostly see the bow of the ship and the crew area) and the walk to the elevators. You'll probably still enjoy the suite, though. 

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

With that deck, the main negatives are the forward view from the bedroom (you'll mostly see the bow of the ship and the crew area) and the walk to the elevators. You'll probably still enjoy the suite, though. 

Thanks. The view from the bedroom doesn’t bother me. The Haven looks  great.   Is there a dedicated Haven elevator to get up to the haven facilities on the 18/19 decks?  

This won't be popular.......  The best way is to ignore the Haven.  Do yourself a favor and buy a balcony or mini suite of your choice, purchase admittance to the adult vibe beach club.  You've save thousands, will have a nice area without kids (The haven is kid packed every time I've been there), and the bar service will be better than the Haven.    Nomex applied......

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, luvtoride said:

Thanks. The view from the bedroom doesn’t bother me. The Haven looks  great.   Is there a dedicated Haven elevator to get up to the haven facilities on the 18/19 decks?  

Once inside of the Haven complex, there is an elevator for decks 17, 18, and 19.

From your stateroom, you will take the public elevator to deck 17 then enter the complex.

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Once inside of the Haven complex, there is an elevator for decks 17, 18, and 19.

From your stateroom, you will take the public elevator to deck 17 then enter the complex.

Ok, got it.  Thanks.  

20 hours ago, luvtoride said:

We can’t wait to experience The Haven but are afraid that if we love it as much as everyone says, we will be spoiled to NOT want to cruise any other way (on NCL or other lines).  

We may be on the same 5-day Bermuda cruise in November.  I'm not in Haven, but have been many times before.  Haven is OK, but not worth it cost/benefit-wise....in my opinion. 

Best thing is the restaurant, however, so take full advantage.  Enjoy your trip!!!

36 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

so I tried my strategy and now got a offer for a haven stateroom for around 3200 for 3 people for 10 days in a haven with $1000 credit. But no garden villas. Not what I hoped. Should I take it?

Lots of questions…

What do you mean “offer for a haven stat room for around 3200….”?

You called  NCL and they said it would cost ($)3200 to upgrade to the Haven?   Or, the bidding starts at 3200?

This is for what category of Haven Cabin?

Why disappointed for not getting the Garden Villa?

Which ship?

6 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Lots of questions…

What do you mean “offer for a haven stat room for around 3200….”?

You called  NCL and they said it would cost ($)3200 to upgrade to the Haven?   Or, the bidding starts at 3200?

This is for what category of Haven Cabin?

Why disappointed for not getting the Garden Villa?

Which ship?

I have the same question.  What kind of “offer” is this?  I’ve never seen an outright “offer” to upgrade.  This was either an invitation to bid (which there’s no guarantee you’ll win) or it’s simply the cost to upgrade your booked cabin.  This can be done by anyone with a simple phone call.  The cost is based on the current rate for the upgraded cabin less what you’ve already paid for the lower cabin.  They will not give you a deal for simply asking.  You’re paying rack rate for the cabin in the end.