Price drop on my category

stevetod

Today I noticed that the price of my cruise booking dropped a total of $200. I called my TA and advised them and then I received a response about 4 hours later which is confusing. I booked a sunset veranda guarantee cabin (SV) for the 4/12 sailing on the beyond. We do not like the infinite veranda. The total price was $4906 and today I noticed the price dropped to $4706. The TA advised that in order to apply the price drop, the shore excursions that I booked which were five of them would have to be cancelled and rebooked. Which is not what I want because I booked them during the 40% sale a few weeks ago. They would cancel the booking and then re-book at the new cabin rate. Is this correct?

I assumed everything would stay as is but just apply the new price.

Stephen

I do believe that the cancellation of your cabin booking will automatically trigger the cancellation of shorex, specialty dinner reservations, spa, etc that are attached to your reservation.  I don't know if there is a way for them to manually intervene.  

The problem is cancelling the booking.  We have taken advantage of price drops without cancelling the reservation. 
Does the new price include the exact same perks as your current booking?  If when you booked there was a promotion  of OBC and now the OBC isn’t offered at the lower price then you would lose the OBC.  
It sounds like that may be the situation.  If you get the lower price the OBC is lost so the excursions get cancelled. 

I just checked your sailing and the current price does not include any OBC.  So any OBC on your booking will be lost if you want the lower price. 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cruise drop price and the original price contain the exact same OBC and the $200 saving. The original price was just the cabin with no perks. For some reason the guantee cabin for the Sunset verandas did not have any perks offered. I just do not know why they cannot just keep the reservation and just adjust the price. Celebrity advised the TA that it needed to be cancelled. Probably because they know I would not cancel the shore excursions or the premium beverage package all booked at 40% off regu.lar price.

I did two price drop adjustments for my cruise without any need to cancel associated bookings. I did not go through a TA however. Sunset Verandah guarantee sounds like a very specific category though which I do believe leads to more difficult price adjustments. 

I don’t even see a SV or guarantee offered in a mock booking. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

Lately it seems GTY rates have a bunch of restrictions.  Especially if they are listed on Exciting Deals which specifically state New Bookings Only.   Long ago they didn't seem to enforce that but it seems they are especially with GTY.   Possibly they are letting them cancel to make it a new booking.

From experience for $200 I wouldn't go down this road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I did use OBC to book two of the shore excursions. For some reason I have only seen the SV sunset cabins available under guaranty at this particular TA website. I checked others and it does not appear as available. I advised the TA to not do anything for only $200 since the savings exceeded that amount booking excursions and the premium drink package. I might call Celebrity myself to try to get more info as to why they are not willing to just reprice the same reservation.

17 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

You can definitely reprice without cancelling. I have done it 3 times already for an upcoming cruise.

You can... in some cases.

Yes, if you paid regular price for a regular cabin, you can reprice. 

But some sale offerings - which guarantees often are - are new bookings only. In this case an existing booking cannot be converted into this, and then has to be cancelled and then a new booking made.