Live from the Mariner 9/28 Montréal to NY

florida23

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

florida23 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Arrived at 1200 for our scheduled boarding and was at the end of a long line. It took about 20 minutes to get processed and aboard. The ship is lovely and everyone is delightful. This is our 3rd Regent cruise. Sail away party was fun. Dinner in Compass Rose was very good although service was a bit slow. The evening show was an introduction for what is to come. Internet is slow and spotty so far.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Another “Live” thread!   Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us.  Have a wonderful cruise. 

Z and TB

Will try and also do one next July on our Grandeur cruise. Still a ways out but will hope to let people know how Grand Grandeur is. 

• Like 1

Had a wonderful day in Quebec city yesterday. A very walkable town both lower and upper. Several beautiful churches. Breakfast and lunch in La Veranda. We enjoyed Alexandr on the piano for pre dinner drinks. Compass Rose again for dinner. The food was good but the service was slow. About 45 minutes from the time seated until the first course. Understaffed. The show was Tuxedo and was very entertaining. Today we're in Saguenay. We are tendering ashore here. The scenery is breathtaking. We're seeing spotty changes in the leaves along the way.

• Like 5

The weather has been great. Today was a sea day, a bit windy with lots of folks bundled up. Not me, I love it, long sleeve T-shirt and shorts. Good breakfast and lunch in La Veranda. Dinner in Compass Rose not so good. My opinion only, Thai pork roll was very dry, fried rice overdone and hard. My wife had fish that was cooked to well for her taste. Same waiter as the last few times but not as busy. Great speaker twice today for our next ports. Corner Brook, Newfoundland tomorrow.

• Like 2

Another beautiful day in Corner Brook. The scenery is breathtaking with spotty areas of leaves changing. A local told us that it’s usually over by now but hot summer weather has slowed the change this year. Dinner in Prime 7 was wonderful. Today in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

• Like 3

The weather has been great. Today was a sea day, a bit windy with lots of folks bundled up. Not me, I love it, long sleeve T-shirt and shorts. Good breakfast and lunch in La Veranda. Dinner in Compass Rose not so good. My opinion only, Thai pork roll was very dry, fried rice overdone and hard. My wife had fish that was cooked to well for her taste. Same waiter as the last few times but not as busy. Great speaker twice today for our next ports. Corner Brook, Newfoundland tomorrow.

• Like 3

Sorry that last post didn’t publish until just now. The weather finally caught us today. Fog so thick this morning we could hardly see the dock upon arrival in St. Johns. It didn’t lift until after about 1 pm. We did a highlights trolley tour with a great guide. Very interesting. Dinner again good in Compass Rose and the show tonight was great with David Shannon, a singer/actor with many broadway plays behind him. Tomorrow is Bar Harbor and we’ll clear CBP there and won’t have to in NY. Saturday looks very iffy with the tropical storm coming through.

• Like 3

Off the ship in NY. Pretty painless. Used a porter to get our bags and walk us across for a taxi. He bypassed the queue and we were off to JFK quickly. Newport was a nice walking town. Portland before that was fogged in and rainy most of the day. Overall impression of the cruise was great. The crew again makes the trip memorable. We didn’t see the leaf color changes that we expected but there is always next year.

• Like 2

Very disappointed in your foliage report. As I said we are on Grandeur next year with the same itinerary and were expecting good color. Unlucky for you, but we hope this is an aberration due to all the rain.

Glad to hear the rest went well.   

Just now, newlondon said:

Very disappointed in your foliage report. As I said we are on Grandeur next year with the same itinerary and were expecting good color. Unlucky for you, but we hope this is an aberration due to all the rain.

Glad to hear the rest went well.   

It's been a weird year.  Lots of very warm weather, and dry.  The wildfire smoke apparently has also affected the trees' cycle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us.  We did a similar itinerary (Montréal-Miami) a few years ago and also missed the change of the foliage.  Get home safe. 

Z and TB

And that Montreal-Miami cruise had LOTS of rain. First day in NYC was very WET. 

• Like 1