First time sailing with Oceania onboard Riviera.

lilacsam

We are aiming to book our first cruise with Oceania, we have been on a number of cruises over the years so know what we like/prefer when it comes to cabin choices.

We would appreciate any suggestions as to which deck/ cabin you would recommend.

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I can only speak about the Owners, Vista and Oceania Suites - all of which I have had.

Depends a lot on your itinerary.  IF port intensive - the Vista suite for us worked very well.  Lovely suite, lots of room and great views.  BUT once it is dark you are not allowed to have any light that shines outside.   So no use of balcony, curtains have to be closed etc.  Light makes the view from the bridge difficult (and who wants that!).

If a trans-Atlantic - the Owners Suite was fabulous.  We did Miami to Barcelona in that.  Balcony is aft and you can be out there when you wish.

if you want something cheaper but still nice - Oceania Suite is the one.  (Still with the light restrictions I mentioned above but those only for the very forward Oceania Suites.

Can't say about the rest...we like space and we love having a butler.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 10:51 AM, catandmouse said:

On my last cruise I very carefully explained to the barista in Barista how to prepare a "lungo" or long black. I had to stress that it was not an Americano and that pouring hot water into a coffee only scalded the coffee and made it taste vile. It's easy to prepare, you just run the hot water through the grains until the cup is full, pushing the button a second time if necessary.

Apparently this goes totally counter to what barista-schools in the US teach. In any case, that was one of the advantages of Oceania, it's sufficiently small that the baristas recognized me and remembered how I wanted my coffee prepared!

By the way, I do drink expressi later in the day, but in the morning I like my lungo.

2 hours ago, lilacsam said:

We are aiming to book our first cruise with Oceania, we have been on a number of cruises over the years so know what we like/prefer when it comes to cabin choices.

We would appreciate any suggestions as to which deck/ cabin you would recommend.

Many thanks in advance.

That's a "should I choose pistachio or chocolate ice cream?" question.  😉

The only non-usual thing I would mention is that the non-suite (category A to G) cabins on R-class ships (including Riviera) all have the same unexpectedly small bathrooms.  The showers, in particular, are a running topic of "they're very bad" vs "they're small but quite usable".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

That's a "should I choose pistachio or chocolate ice cream?" question.  😉

The only non-usual thing I would mention is that the non-suite (category A to G) cabins on R-class ships (including Riviera) all have the same unexpectedly small bathrooms.  The showers, in particular, are a running topic of "they're very bad" vs "they're small but quite usable".

The Riviera is not R Class.  The bathrooms in A are nice..IMO. 😁

• Like 3

We always book Ocean View on the newer ships. We hardly spend any time in the cabin and cannot justify paying extra for veranda. They are same size, around 240 sqft, which is very nice, with spacious bathrooms and showers. Fully renovated last year. Best value for money in my opinion.

Your OP seems as if money is no issue. Not the case for us. You might study the price differential.

We've sailed A4 on Riviera (12/2021) and B2 on Sirena (11/022). Have an A3/B3 20-night B2B on Riviera starting 10/30/23. Then an F/C 20-night B2B on Sirena 9/2024. We get the best cabin we can afford when it's on sale.

See NO reason to go PH or above on Riviera when the As and Bs are so nice and far less expensive.

• Like 2

It's better to be rich, young and handsome than old, poor and ugly..

If the money is not an issue, then obviously book Owners, Vista or Oceania Suite. For us 240 sqft of space with a spacious renovated shower is plenty. And we spend so little time in the cabin, don't really need a balcony. I can use my balcony at home if I wish..

• Like 3

We love having our own space at times on our balcony. We honestly enjoy time out there in the evenings, later afternoons before dinner, variable times. Sometimes it’s just nice to have the fresh air, listen to the water, and just breathe it all in. So for us, that is non negotiable. For others, their priorities are different. No right nor wrong. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We love having our own space at times on our balcony. We honestly enjoy time out there in the evenings, later afternoons before dinner, variable times. Sometimes it’s just nice to have the fresh air, listen to the water, and just breathe it all in. So for us, that is non negotiable. For others, their priorities are different. No right nor wrong. 

That's our style, too.

• Like 1