Starting my Wonder research

BillOh

42 minutes ago, DVC4US said:

Will they ask about our transportation after the cruise to determine our group number for getting off the ship?  It's been a minute since we have been on a cruise and I can't remember. 

You choose your own departure time/method in the app once onboard now.

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, they don’t even require long pants. Pretty much anything other than swimwear or tank tops goes. There are no actual dress codes, just suggestions.

Thanks!  I didn't think so but wanted to double check!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

You choose your own departure time/method in the app once onboard now.

Perfect!

Thanks for the help Mike!

Can I bug you with one more question?

I'm just in the process of doing our online check-in - I thought I had read others doing check-in had to upload their travel documents(passports) but I didn't see anywhere to do that.  I did upload a picture - is that all I have to upload?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DVC4US said:

I'm just in the process of doing our online check-in - I thought I had read others doing check-in had to upload their travel documents(passports) but I didn't see anywhere to do that.  I did upload a picture - is that all I have to upload?

No, there’s a section to enter your passport info. In the app you can scan it. On the website you have to manually type it. Try looking again.

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No, there’s a section to enter your passport info. In the app you can scan it. On the website you have to manually type it. Try looking again.

Sorry, my post wasn't very clear - after I read it, I was confused. lol

I was able to type in the passport information so I'm assuming that's all we have to do.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DVC4US said:

Sorry, my post wasn't very clear - after I read it, I was confused. lol

I was able to type in the passport information so I'm assuming that's all we have to do.

As far as travel documents, yep, that should do it.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 7:28 AM, OCSC Mike said:

EDIT: I'd also love to hear your thoughts whether it's during the cruise or after. As you know, we'll be passing each other as you disembark and we board on June 2nd.

Watch here on CC for another BLUE COLLAR DIAMOND + review here around June 6th or so. I think  my last cruise planning decision is to decide if I am still taking my camera (Canon) or leave it home and just use my phone.  My phone usually goes in the safe as soon as we leave port, but now with needing to use their app so much I might have to have it out quite a bit.   

• Like 2

Bill and Mike, I am waiting for both your reviews and pictures ......come on get onboard already! Getting impatient!😁😆......Have to wait till June 6????🙄really! ......LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Bill and Mike, I am waiting for both your reviews and pictures ......come on get onboard already! Getting impatient!😁😆......Have to wait till June 6????🙄really! ......LOL!

FYI, my review will likely be posted elsewhere. Last June I cross-posted my semi-live review both here and at another popular blog site and it got pretty annoying to double paste and then try to double follow comments/questions. It was just too much. In March I did a live Wonder report "over there" and will likely do the same for my upcoming cruises.

EDIT: BTW, I'm also not thrilled about Bill waiting until June 6th, lol. I don't want to read his on day 5 of my cruise, I want to read it leading up to my cruise!

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2024 at 7:43 AM, BillOh said:

I've never done a B2B, so I am curious if someone buys it for a week and then doesn't get it for the 2nd week, does it still work?  

My husband and I were just discussing this question today!  We don't know the answer. 

On 4/10/2024 at 9:09 PM, balcony4u said:

Is there outdoor seat in the windjammer?

No, but you can bring a plate out and sit at a table by the pool.  

On 5/6/2024 at 10:16 PM, OCSC Mike said:

No, they don’t even require long pants. Pretty much anything other than swimwear or tank tops goes. There are no actual dress codes, just suggestions.

From reading posts like this on this board, you could easily get the idea that the MDR is full of men who just stepped off the basketball court.  No, they won't turn you away if you're in shorts, but you will be in the minority.  Most adult men will wear long pants (many of them are in nice jeans).  

20 hours ago, DVC4US said:

Go back and "edit" your check-in.  You probably just skipped past that page.  

I have quit uploading pictures.  Even though I put effort into taking a straight-forward picture with my hair off my face, they always want to re-take the picture in the terminal.  It only takes a minute, so no big deal. 

11 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FYI, my review will likely be posted elsewhere. Last June I cross-posted my semi-live review both here and at another popular blog site and it got pretty annoying to double paste and then try to double follow comments/questions. It was just too much. In March I did a live Wonder report "over there" and will likely do the same for my upcoming cruises.

EDIT: BTW, I'm also not thrilled about Bill waiting until June 6th, lol. I don't want to read his on day 5 of my cruise, I want to read it leading up to my cruise!

Now I have to figure out where "over there" is! sigh

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, BillOh said:

My last Oasis class and my next one together today.

One more week… which of course means two more for me!

Looking forward to your thoughts, even if I do have to read them during my cruise.

Do you feel well-prepared after all your research?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

One more week… which of course means two more for me!

Looking forward to your thoughts, even if I do have to read them during my cruise.

Do you feel well-prepared after all your research?

Yes, as prepared as I need to be. I did learn something new watching her sailaway yesterday.  I have loved the cantilevered 100_0483.thumb.jpg.272e8c54ae93737481499fd23be5a4b5.jpgs since they came out on Freedom. 

The ones on Allure, Oasis and Sypmhony look nice, but I think I spotted on Wonder the glass goes all the way to the bottom making it an infinity hottub?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BillOh said:

The ones on Allure, Oasis and Sypmhony look nice, but I think I spotted on Wonder the glass goes all the way to the bottom making it an infinity hottub?

I never noticed TBH but I trust your research.

I learned something new... I won't be alone on CocoCay in July as originally scheduled. Allure is joining us after being switched from Labadee to CocoCay. What's unusual is that will be Allure's 2nd trip to CocoCay in the same 7N cruise. I'm not thrilled, of course, but I can't blame RC for wanting to fill CocoCay and it's not the end of the world. We get off the ship ASAP and have been there enough time that we'll get our usual spot and if the lines for food are a bit longer, oh well, 1st world problem.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 8:48 PM, Dolby1000 said:

This is fun. We are on the Wonder May 5, so like you, interested in seeing/reading reviews.

And, no lie, we are on the Allure 12/1, also anxiously awaiting show times/reservations as we want to see Mama Mia. First time doing only 3 nights, pretty sure I'll be regretting that.

Dave

Do you by any chance still have the one sheet show summary that list all the days, times venues and shows? If so could you post it?  I am trying to see if 7:45 pm dining will work or if all the shows will have to be 10 pm shows which means I will turn into a pumpkin before they are over 🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Do you by any chance still have the one sheet show summary that list all the days, times venues and shows? I am trying to see if 7:45 pm dining will work or if all the shows will have to be 10 pm shows which means I will turn into a pumpkin before they are over 🤣

You can see show times by looking at the current sailing in the app.

But yes, other than a matinee of Effectors, you will pretty much have to see every show after dinner in the 9:30-10:00pm range. I sailed in March and will be on again a week from Sunday.

EDIT: There’s also one 6:45pm ice show you could go to before dinner.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

But yes, other than a matinee of Effectors, you will pretty much have to see every show after dinner in the 9:30-10:00pm range. I sailed in March and will be on again a week from Sunday.

Thank you for this information. If you are on the Eastern itinerary could you post the one sheet summary?  

54 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

Thank you for this information. If you are on the Eastern itinerary could you post the one sheet summary?  

I was on Eastern in March but don’t have it, sorry. Western for my next 2.

You can look at next week’s Eastern in the app.

14 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I never noticed TBH but I trust your research.

I learned something new... I won't be alone on CocoCay in July as originally scheduled. Allure is joining us after being switched from Labadee to CocoCay. What's unusual is that will be Allure's 2nd trip to CocoCay in the same 7N cruise. I'm not thrilled, of course, but I can't blame RC for wanting to fill CocoCay and it's not the end of the world. We get off the ship ASAP and have been there enough time that we'll get our usual spot and if the lines for food are a bit longer, oh well, 1st world problem.

Quick question - is there anywhere on CocoCay to get breakfast or do the eating places only open for lunch?  Son-in-law needs to have breakfast before starting the day at CocoCay.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

How do you look at the current sailing in the app?  I've only been able to pull up my cruise dates.

Thanks!