Starting my Wonder research

BillOh

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

I have always been a firm believer where you are born is your team

What's funny about that is I was born and raised outside Philly. I moved here in 2000. Orlando City is the only non-Philly team I root for because I didn't follow MLS 23 years ago and OC joined after I had been here for 15 years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

What's funny about that is I was born and raised outside Philly. I moved here in 2000. Orlando City is the only non-Philly team I root for because I didn't follow MLS 23 years ago and OC joined after I had been here for 15 years.

Hybrid sort of counts 🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2023 at 8:36 AM, deliver42 said:

I've been on  all the Oasis class ship except the Allure, and the Wonder is the  nicest by far.

My wife's favorite is still Allure, the last I knew it wasn't amp'd up yet with the slides and other changes, last on her in 2013.   Cam

t wait to see Wonder for many reasons. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BillOh said:

My wife's favorite is still Allure, the last I knew it wasn't amp'd up yet with the slides and other changes, last on her in 2013.

Going on her in less than 3 weeks for the 1st time since 2012. Still not amped. I'll miss some of the features/venues of Wonder but will be going on Wonder several times next year so I'm looking forward to some of the features/venues Allure still has like the great DL location, Giovanni's Table (always been our favorite), going to Sabor for the 2nd time ever, and the non-slide view out the back of the ship.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 12:50 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Windjammer layout is far superior to the first 4 OA class ships.

I've heard that several times now! It must be true.  OB feel free to elaborate or anyone as well.  I  will definitely visit, but with the Oasis class offering so many choices, I may avoid  it on boarding day. We should be early boarders (so maybe I'll go back ,but on the Oasis class Park Cafe or the Dog House has been frequent choices.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillOh said:

We should be early boarders

FWIW, I pretty much always board early & head to the WJ when it opens. In my experience, it takes some time to get crowded.

Our extended family of 8 did this on Wonder in June & it wasn’t crowded for at least 30-60 mins. We grabbed 2 tables in a back corner & camped out there for a little while.

Besides the improved layout, I also liked that there was a good amount of counter seating along the outside for when I popped in alone for a snack or to just see what I could find. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Besides the improved layout, I also liked that there was a good amount of counter seating along the outside for when I popped in alone for a snack or to just see what I could find. 

That was something I liked about the Freedom class was that counter seating!   On the other ships, sometimes the only tables I could find were tables for 10 and if I did sit there (usually just my wife and I) I would always sit on one end and if people were looking around I would ask them to use the rest of the table.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BillOh said:

That was something I liked about the Freedom class was that counter seating!   On the other ships, sometimes the only tables I could find were tables for 10 and if I did sit there (usually just my wife and I) I would always sit on one end and if people were looking around I would ask them to use the rest of the table.

There's some counter seating at El Loco Fresh on Wonder too... also somewhere I would sneak away to for a quick snack. My only complaint was putting my half finished drink down one time and going up to get some food and finding that the staff there was a bit too efficient at cleaning up the area... and I lost half a voucher drink. 😭🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is fun. We are on the Wonder May 5, so like you, interested in seeing/reading reviews.

And, no lie, we are on the Allure 12/1, also anxiously awaiting show times/reservations as we want to see Mama Mia. First time doing only 3 nights, pretty sure I'll be regretting that.

Dave

22 minutes ago, Vacation...Yes said:

Hope we’re not disappointed in the Solarium as that is one of our favorite relaxing places

That’s where we relax & while I didn’t spend a ton of time there in June b/c I was in a GS with extended family & we were using the suite sun deck, I walked through it multiple times & liked it a lot.

Looking forward to using it like every other ship when we’re back in our usual non-suite cabins on future Wonder cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

We will probably spend a lot of time during the sea days at the beach pool.  I know the solarium was pretty hot on the first two Oasis ships, don't remember spending a lot of time there on Symphony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

We will probably spend a lot of time during the sea days at the beach pool.  I know the solarium was pretty hot on the first two Oasis ships, don't remember spending a lot of time there on Symphony.

I’m sitting on the top level of Allure’s Solarium right now & it’s quite nice (granted it’s not super hot out at sea right now & there’s a nice breeze).

Not trying to convince you of anything, just sharing. Several people have said Wonder’s can be warm. I’ll know better in March-July. We never sit by any pool, too crowded & too much sun for me & my pale skin, lol. We all like what we like.

• Like 1

I will say that when we were on the Wonder TA last year on the day I did my ship tour video I was there around 6:30 a.m. and all the "special" seating in the Solarium had towels or people on them.  Sheesh!

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, deliver42 said:

There are oodles of videos about the wonder on You Tube.

Which is why I had this in my original post -  will  of course be searching youtube, but if you did a video you are proud of, feel free to link it.    If you have a review here on CC, feel free to point me to it directly. (I'll go looking)  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BillOh said:

If you have a review here on CC, feel free to point me to it directly. (I'll go looking)  

There are 2 live blogs currently going on at another RC site right now that you may enjoy. Sorry I can't link to them directly but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by OCSC Mike

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

There are 2 live blogs currently going on at another RC site right now that you may enjoy. Sorry I can't link to them directly but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Lol I saw you mentioned on a blog. Cant name the blog. Your picture of the crown lounge sign was shown, not a picture of you. Gave you credit for the picture. Do you know the author?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I saw you mentioned on a blog. Cant name the blog. Your picture of the crown lounge sign was shown, not a picture of you. Gave you credit for the picture. Do you know the author?

LOL. I found it but hadn't seen it. Thanks.

I don't know the author, no, but I post over there quite a bit. They often use quotes from forum members in their articles (and apparently pics too). I've been mentioned before. I'm internet-famous like that. 😁

• Like 1

While I would like to try wonder there is no way I will pay the price , I priced harmony out of Galveston against Wonder and grand suite is exactly 2k more per person for same week. I would pay a couple of hundred maybe for not a couple of grand .

On 10/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, BillOh said:

My next cruise is on Wonder next May!  We had to cancel our 2022 Spring Wonder cruise so I am looking forward to this one.  I am off to start my obsessive planning that I usually do during the cold weather months.  Obviously I know how to research cruises!  I will  of course be searching youtube, but if you did a video you are proud of, feel free to link it.    If you have a review here on CC, feel free to point me to it directly. (I'll go looking)  

Any commentary of Wonder is welcome.   We have been on Allure twice, Oasis once, and Symphony once.  All comments welcome. 

We aren’t on Wonder until September, @BillOh, but I know how well you research so I’m tagging along on your thread to benefit my own research. I’ve already read some of the reviews on here and was convinced to go ahead and give Wonder a try. Yes, I’m talking about you in particular @OCSC Mike 😂 but I’m always looking for more info. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Where is the Diamond Lounge?

Deck 4 like on all Oasis class ships (except Allure which still has the nice view for now). I refer to all the others as being in the basement.

9 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Any reviews of El Loco Fresh?

- I enjoyed the tacos (very similar to the taco bar on CocoCay if you've been there). Was not a fan of the pre-made stuff like quesadillas or burritos as they've usually been sitting out. I'm sure the quesadillas would be fine if you got a freshly made one.

- I found the guac inedible on both Wonder and Allure (it's more like green slop poured from a jug). Didn't care for the nacho cheese sauce either.

- Someone recommended Tobasco Chipotle flavor from the sauce rack and I liked it so much it's now sitting in my pantry at home. Not too spicy, nice smokey flavor.

- I kept forgetting to try them but there are some flan-esque desserts in a few flavors than I'll be trying next time. There's a glass case with a few other things but I don't remember what they were.

- Overall, I can always pop in for a quick taco or two as a between meal snack and I appreciate ELF being there.

- Almost forgot, it was open for breakfast in June and very empty (it's not open for breakfast on all ships so I can't promise it will always be open on Wonder). Nothing really Mexcian, just a small buffet with the basics. So if you're OK with that, it might be worth checking out to avoid crowds and enjoy the outside seating if that's appealing.

• Like 2