Starting my Wonder research

BillOh

My next cruise is on Wonder next May!  We had to cancel our 2022 Spring Wonder cruise so I am looking forward to this one.  I am off to start my obsessive planning that I usually do during the cold weather months.  Obviously I know how to research cruises!  I will  of course be searching youtube, but if you did a video you are proud of, feel free to link it.    If you have a review here on CC, feel free to point me to it directly. (I'll go looking)  

Any commentary of Wonder is welcome.   We have been on Allure twice, Oasis once, and Symphony once.  All comments welcome. 

40 minutes ago, BillOh said:

My next cruise is on Wonder next May!  We had to cancel our 2022 Spring Wonder cruise so I am looking forward to this one.  I am off to start my obsessive planning that I usually do during the cold weather months.  Obviously I know how to research cruises!  I will  of course be searching youtube, but if you did a video you are proud of, feel free to link it.    If you have a review here on CC, feel free to point me to it directly. (I'll go looking)  

Any commentary of Wonder is welcome.   We have been on Allure twice, Oasis once, and Symphony once.  All comments welcome. 

Here you go!  We did Wonder last year for the Fall TA.  Here's the full playlist for it (you can see the separate Wonder videos after the Spain videos):  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Windjammer layout is far superior to the first 4 OA class ships.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Here you go!  We did Wonder last year for the Fall TA.  Here's the full playlist for it (you can see the separate Wonder videos after the Spain videos):  

Thanks!  I've got plenty of time, so I have gone through the Spain videos. I love old world architecture and the quality of your video and images is stunning, very enjoyable.  Now to watch the Wonder stuff.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've been on  all the Oasis class ship except the Allure, and the Wonder is the  nicest by far.

I'm only missing Symphony, and I'm happy to sail on any of them (will be on Allure in 3 weeks), but I agree.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm only missing Symphony, and I'm happy to sail on any of them (will be on Allure in 3 weeks), but I agree.

Same! (Except the “in 3 weeks” 😉)

We love the Oasis class ships, especially Wonder!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

🏆 Symphony is the best, with Wonder a close 2nd 🥈 

Guess we are on Allure for a wedding the one before you 

You able to book entertainment yet?

We can’t for 11/6

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We can’t for 11/6

I'm on Allure 3 weeks from today, 10/25. Entertainment was open before I even booked the cruise, lol. For some reason no one wants to see the ice show that sailing, every slot was open (and most still are). Everything else except Mama Mia (which I have no interest in) was "sold out."

Naturally I kept checking even though standby is fine and we could always sit in the "secret" deck 7 climbing wall seats for the aqua show if we wanted but a few seats opened up for an aqua show day/time that works for us so I got that booked to. Will just go to the comedy show very early one night and try to be at the front of the standby line (wife loves stand-up). Think we're going to skip Blue Planet.

What makes Symphony better than Wonder for you? Other than Q class, it's one ship I've paid almost no attention to since it's never been at PC.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We can’t for 11/6

I am also on the 11/6 cruise  and added the 11/3 sailing recently and the entertainment for that one opened a couple of weeks ago. Weird that the 11/6 is still not open

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm on Allure 3 weeks from today, 10/25. Entertainment was open before I even booked the cruise, lol. For some reason no one wants to see the ice show that sailing, every slot was open (and most still are). Everything else except Mama Mia (which I have no interest in) was "sold out."

Naturally I kept checking even though standby is fine and we could always sit in the "secret" deck 7 climbing wall seats for the aqua show if we wanted but a few seats opened up for an aqua show day/time that works for us so I got that booked to. Will just go to the comedy show very early one night and try to be at the front of the standby line (wife loves stand-up). Think we're going to skip Blue Planet.

What makes Symphony better than Wonder for you? Other than Q class, it's one ship I've paid almost no attention to since it's never been at PC.

Never surprises me when sailings after exact same ship has access to entertainment before previous cruises (guess we are on the wait exactly 1 month IT schedule) 😎

no biggy, as long as we get to see MM for the 5th time 🥳 and Adult comedy 🎭 

I would say for us and the sailing we took on Symphony

Key factors 

Staff and Service and vibe 

Really enjoyed our aft CLS 

Food and speciality restaurants were great 

Sometimes I think you get lucky with the PAX and crew and it all just

seemed to click 

Time of year also a factor Dec 3-10 (minimal rug rats)

If just comparing ship Hardware, Wonder and Symphony - like for like 

it was a Dec 3-10 sailing (minimal rug rats) , I repeated that, because I think this time and day of cruising it really makes a difference (for us anyways)

We would sail both again in a heart beat 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I am also on the 11/6 cruise  and added the 11/3 sailing recently and the entertainment for that one opened a couple of weeks ago. Weird that the 11/6 is still not open

YAY! 🥳

I will have a stool ready for you 

Finally we get to close down the schooner 🥃

There is a roll call, very inactive 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ellen we will have access 10/6 - we will let each other know once open 😎

As long as we get a comedy club ticket - all good

Mama Mia too - love me some ABBA

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We can’t for 11/6

Agreed. Our Symphony cruise overall was better than Wonder. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

If just comparing ship Hardware, Wonder and Symphony - like for like

All your reasons make sense and mostly won't apply to me or are out of my control. I'm going to be with tons of kids almost every cruise. My interior will always be an interior so I don't think that will matter. Haven't found one yet where I thought, wow, best interior ever! 🤣 Can't control the pax and crew. And for the limited specialty dining we do, we knew we liked it on Wonder... just waiting to try Giovanni's Kitchen.

I was really just curious. I'd sail any Oasis class ships that happens to be at PC. That said, while I'm sure we'll enjoy Allure, we will almost definitely prefer Wonder just b/c of the few differences I know... that will affect my wife more than me.

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

All your reasons make sense and mostly won't apply to me or are out of my control. I'm going to be with tons of kids almost every cruise. My interior will always be an interior so I don't think that will matter. Haven't found one yet where I thought, wow, best interior ever! 🤣 Can't control the pax and crew. And for the limited specialty dining we do, we knew we liked it on Wonder... just waiting to try Giovanni's Kitchen.

I was really just curious. I'd sail any Oasis class ships that happens to be at PC. That said, while I'm sure we'll enjoy Allure, we will almost definitely prefer Wonder just b/c of the few differences I know... that will affect my wife more than me.

Giovanni’s kitchen is great - IMO Better than all of its predecessors 🇮🇹 
like you, we are good with all Oasis class, you can’t really go wrong 

I think the differences can be like you said, out of your own personal control and as long as you don’t sweat the small stuff all great options 

Just glad we have a few biggies out of PC

Off topic I know you are a big football fan ️, what’s you PL team 

Pompey obviously for me and Spurs for DW

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Off topic I know you are a big football fan ️, what’s you PL team

This is embarrassing because I am a huge fan of the sport itself and obviously support my MLS team and our national teams, but I don't have an EPL team. I played as a kid (I was a very mediocre keeper in HS), always followed the US national teams, and got into MLS when OC joined, but I had no connection to any particular English clubs and never came up with a reason to randomly pick one... so I mostly root for whichever team has some yanks on it but I really don't follow any European leagues too closely for lack of a team to support.

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is embarrassing because I am a huge fan of the sport itself and obviously support my MLS team and our national teams, but I don't have an EPL team. I played as a kid (I was a very mediocre keeper in HS), always followed the US national teams, and got into MLS when OC joined, but I had no connection to any particular English clubs and never came up with a reason to randomly pick one... so I mostly root for whichever team has some yanks on it but I really don't follow any European leagues too closely for lack of a team to support.

Fair play and totally appreciate that,

so many bandwagon supporters out there and arm chair ones too 🤣

I have always been a firm believer where you are born is your team ️ 

Call that a solid 🇬🇧 tradition and that’s probably why PL is so passionate 

• Like 1