First time Celebrity - which kind of veranda?

Jezbel716

I've been loyal to Royal for 20 years and now going to try Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda. What is the difference between a Prime Veranda vs Deluxe Veranda? I prefer a larger balcony midship, and am used to Junior Suite on Royal.  Thanks for any insight! 

8 minutes ago, Jezbel716 said:

I've been loyal to Royal for 20 years and now going to try Celebrity Eclipse to Bermuda. What is the difference between a Prime Veranda vs Deluxe Veranda? I prefer a larger balcony midship, and am used to Junior Suite on Royal.  Thanks for any insight! 

Celebrity (at least on the M and S class, no clue about E-class) Eclipse really does not have anything comparable to the JS on Royal. Balcony cabins (including Aqua and Concierge) run 200 square feet or so, vs the 250-275 for JS on Royal. The Sky suites are about 300 square feet in size, but you are paying for most full suite amenities (que Butler cutbacks in 3..2...1...). I think there are some cabins with larger balconies on decks 6-10 and maybe 12 all the way aft, but only a few each deck. 

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

The difference is purely location.  The cabins that @alfiemom is referring to are Deluxe Verandas located on the slant of the hump near mid ship.  The verandas are all the same size on the Eclipse but these have a deeper balcony. 

Some of the hump balconies are considerably larger.

On the S-class ships, the mid-ship cabins that are on the "angle" of the hump, either facing forward or facing aft have larger a larger balcony than the regular veranda cabins on the sides of the ship. Depending on the deck, those cabins are either prime concierge (deck 9 & 10 aft facing), deluxe veranda (decks 7 & 8 forward and aft facing, deck 9 forward facing) or prime aquaclass (deck 11 forward facing). The largest balconies are the 1st and 3rd cabins off the straight portion of the hump. For example, the balcony for 9292 is larger than 9296 which is larger than 9294 and 9298. The cabins themselves are the same size regardless of the location or the category. 

If you have an interest in the accumulation of Captain's Club points, you receive 5 points/night for AQ and Concierge cabins whereas you receive 3 points/night for veranda cabins. 

On 10/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, Jezbel716 said:

A lot of us are still trying to figure out the vague new names they just gave cabins.  Went from a numbered 1-3 system to these seemingly identical names earlier this year.  Very confusing.

But, the biggest veranda balconies are going to be on the 'hump'.  Look up room 8257 for reference of where they're at on S-Class ships.  Those rooms essentially have a normal balcony plus another full-depth balcony that's cut on an angle.   Sunset verandas have larger balconies as well. 

The biggest veranda rooms are what used to be Family Verandas (8108 for reference).  No clue what they're called now.  Separate living & bedrooms.  Wide, but not deep balcony.