Hooked - lunch vs dinner

Hi,

we are sailing on the wonder and leaning towards 150 Central Park, chops and wonderland for our 3 speciality dinners.

what is everyone’s thoughts on the above vs hooked for dinner?

If we were to go to hooked for lunch, could we order lobster as an off the menu item?  Or is a whole lobster only available at dinner?

Is hooked just as good for lunch as it is for dinner?

Thank you.

We had hooked for dinner in February. It was the best of all the specialty restaurants. We started with oysters on the half shell. Had clam chowder then lobster (2&1/2 lbs)! With Mac& cheese (not so good) we were FULL!  Oh & they serve cheddar biscuits! The best!

1 hour ago, cusematt4 said:

If we were to go to hooked for lunch, could we order lobster as an off the menu item?  Or is a whole lobster only available at dinner?

If lobster isnt even listed for lunch and off menu, I personally wouldnt go expecting them to make a off menu item for lunch. 

• Like 1

We have reserved a 6 pm for Hooked on Symphony in a couple months.  We don’t get “fresh” seafood Per se where we live…mostly red lobster type places.  Anyway, we decided that since we have done chops a couple times in the past we wanted to try Hooked as it isn’t on a lot of ships.  So…fingers crossed we enjoy the dinner.  We are looking forward to the clam chowder, lobster, crab cake, surf & turf, etc.  

if anyone can give any recent updates on the selections of what they loved or disliked (wouldn’t order again)…please post your opinions.  Thanks!

Keeping in mind food is very subjective, I have been on Wonder twice this year and once last December and Hooked is my second favorite speciality restaurant right behind 150 CP. I found the seafood to be very good and the NE clam chowder is outstanding. Wonderland is my least favorite speciality restaurant on any RCI ship. I think the experience is good but not crazy about the food. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

You can get Lobster at Chops and 150CP 🦞 

Stick with the 3 you have on package 

and just pay for Lunch at Hooked

Just an idea

Enjoy Wonder

Oh and lunch menu is nothing like dinner menu  see difference 

You can get a Lobster Roll at lunch 

None of the listed mains off Dinner menu are on the lunch menu 

This is form OCT 1-8 Sailing menu 

IMG_2327.thumb.png.69e43043b940e2d445e3d9ce0751693a.png

IMG_2328.thumb.png.483cc5be2e8072bc58f7970ebc6e101f.png

Edited by PompeySailor

On 10/7/2023 at 4:53 PM, cusematt4 said:

Hi,

we are sailing on the wonder and leaning towards 150 Central Park, chops and wonderland for our 3 speciality dinners.

what is everyone’s thoughts on the above vs hooked for dinner?

Is hooked just as good for lunch as it is for dinner?

Thank you.

Whole lobster/lobster tails  at Hooked  are only available for dinner.  

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Oh and lunch menu is nothing like dinner menu  see difference 

You can get a Lobster Roll at lunch 

None of the listed mains off Dinner menu are on the lunch menu 

This is form OCT 1-8 Sailing menu 

IMG_2327.thumb.png.69e43043b940e2d445e3d9ce0751693a.png

IMG_2328.thumb.png.483cc5be2e8072bc58f7970ebc6e101f.png

I love lobster rolls. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Hibachi lunch vs. dinner - thoughts?  I can't imagine the menus can be that diffferent - 

Question or statement ?

This might get lost in the seaweed as it is a Hooked thread 😎

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Question or statement ?

Question - maybe just smaller portions?  Which wouldn't be a bad thing.  I was just thinking difference between lunch and dinner menus since there clearly is a difference at some of the specialty restaurants.  We've bought the Hibachi lunch and I'm wondering if I should switch it to dinner.

Edited by zoepipes
addition

Just now, zoepipes said:

Question - 

Never ever had Hibachi for lunch 

So without loading a ship dining menu in app hard to tell

We have never been for lunch, I’m going to assume it is same 

We have had Izumi - Sushi for dinner and lunch and that was the same menu

Someone who has done Hibachi for lunch would be best to answer correctly 👍🏻

16 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Question - maybe just smaller portions?  Which wouldn't be a bad thing.  I was just thinking difference between lunch and dinner menus since there clearly is a difference at some of the specialty restaurants.  We've bought the Hibachi lunch and I'm wondering if I should switch it to dinner.

Lunch is only on sea days, so could be busy 

On our last Wonder cruise we were second in Q at Izumi on boarding day to get a dinner reservation and it was sold out for the week

We ended up doing one lunch and one dinner in Izumi - Sushi instead 

We had the UDP so could not book time in advance (without the old pay for then cancel trick) for Hibachi 

On 10/7/2023 at 6:30 PM, trihawks1 said:

We have reserved a 6 pm for Hooked on Symphony in a couple months.  We don’t get “fresh” seafood Per se where we live…mostly red lobster type places.  Anyway, we decided that since we have done chops a couple times in the past we wanted to try Hooked as it isn’t on a lot of ships.  So…fingers crossed we enjoy the dinner.  We are looking forward to the clam chowder, lobster, crab cake, surf & turf, etc.  

if anyone can give any recent updates on the selections of what they loved or disliked (wouldn’t order again)…please post your opinions.  Thanks!

Red Lobster has live lobsters in an aquarium in the lobby that you can choose which one you would like for your meal. It doesn't get any fresher than that. Plus Red Lobster has plenty of fresh fish too.

We dined in Hooked for dinner on Wonder. The meal was not nearly as good as the meals I have always had at Red Lobster. Hooked Cheddar Bay buscuits were delicious but not quite up to par as Red Lobster's.

Hooked served me a very rare piece of salmon. When I showed the server what appeared to be raw salmon from the center of the fish, I was told that is how the salmon is prepared when it is blackened. Really? Ok then.

Edited by coffeebean