Bit of a blog - Spirit of Adventure - Treasures of the Adriatic - Oct 2023

NorbertsNiece

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks for all the information. A question, please, if you don’t mind? I’ve not noticed much so far in the way of external lecturers/speakers - is there a separate schedule, or have I just not noticed? I’d be looking for some kind of talk a couple of times a day or so, which is what P&O used to provide until the cut-backs.

The talks are held in the Playhouse. I can see 3 on the Today that Linda posted. 1 on Syracuse, 2 on Dubrovnik and 3 on the Brighton Bombings.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

The talks are held in the Playhouse. I can see 3 on the Today that Linda posted. 1 on Syracuse, 2 on Dubrovnik and 3 on the Brighton Bombings.

Thanks. I didn’t spot the one on the Brighton bombings, and didn’t include the port talks in what I was looking for. I see there was also a talk by the retired policeman yesterday though. They’re often quite interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks. I didn’t spot the one on the Brighton bombings, and didn’t include the port talks in what I was looking for. I see there was also a talk by the retired policeman yesterday though. They’re often quite interesting.

The retired PC talk was recorded. We plan to watch it in our room 😀

• Like 1

After lunch the Hotel General Manager showed us the bunker which had been closed during our memorable Covid restricted cruise. As well as golf you can fire rifles!

He pointed us in the direction of the Emergency Bridge. Did not know there was one but it makes perfect sense that there is! Couldn't see through the window.

We then walked round to Khukuri, the Nepalese Specialty Restaurant, as it is open for lunch today. We wanted to make a reservation for a future evening but all staff were busy serving. They've changed the decor from when we ate there last.

20231011_124738.jpg

20231011_124512.jpg

20231011_124526.jpg

20231011_124530.jpg

20231011_124551.jpg

20231011_124604.jpg

20231011_124643.jpg

20231011_125244.jpg

20231011_130654.thumb.jpg.f4e82e505b549c3acdfa13b1363e7448.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Music trivia.... not my finest hour.

Waiting to make some jewellery. Should I be let loose with these?

20231011_143728.thumb.jpg.55d4b4aefb4fe8f021fabff0c1884b73.jpg

20231011_143818.thumb.jpg.69fb3ea05a149df21324996ec6e2e2bd.jpg

Looking at pictures  I wondered if It was a do it yourself dentistry course, could be s profitable side line

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks for all the information. A question, please, if you don’t mind? I’ve not noticed much so far in the way of external lecturers/speakers - is there a separate schedule, or have I just not noticed? I’d be looking for some kind of talk a couple of times a day or so, which is what P&O used to provide until the cut-backs.

Guest speakers listed at bottom 

IMG_9550.thumb.jpeg.d0fc97c22da250df9252cc423b7129cf.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Very interesting  speciality restaurants  opening for lunch

I don't believe this to be a regular thing. As it was still too cold to eat outside and in order to ease queuing at lunchtimes a specialty restaurant was opened for lunch.

Day 4 sea day

Good morning and thanks for following. 

Some info gleaned from last night :

Average age of pax on board - 78.

Eldest 97.

Bridge tours will be offered however no other behind the scenes tours will be.

Saga is considering fleet expansion.

WiFi on Adventure to be updated to Discovery's standard.

There are no public computers.

The only produce brought on board during the cruise will be fresh fruit and veg. All other items are loaded on Day 1, assuming they've been delivered!

20231012_084155.jpg

20231012_084243.jpg

20231012_084324.jpg

20231012_091430.jpg

20231012_094204.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece
  • Like 2

Just now, FannyLiz said:

Interesting stuff, thank you. I’d love to know more about the logistics of provisioning a ship. I wonder if the relevant crew members could be persuaded to do a talk on the subject ?  I don’t think I’d be the only attendee.

I'm sure there will be.

1 hour ago, NorbertsNiece said:

I don't believe this to be a regular thing. As it was still too cold to eat outside and in order to ease queuing at lunchtimes a specialty restaurant was opened for lunch.

On SOD in August on 3 Sea Days we had two Curry Club Lunches & a German Buffet in the Club. Would normally happen in the Lido area but inside due to poor weather.