Gimme your CCL pet peeves

Whether it be serious or whimsical gimme your CCL pet peeves.  Some may not be exclusive to the line.  

Me?  Haaaaaaaate the Cheers program cost for week long cruises.  Plus, when we get it i feel like i have to overindulge to compensate for my wife's lower consumption.  And its day after day pressure, no days off drankin or im wasting money. 

Id love an all inclusive type option sorta like the ncl free at sea.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

pet peeves.  Some may not be exclusive to the line.    

Getting behind someone grazing in the buffet line who has to stop while in the line to eat the food off of their plate with their fingers 🤢

There are others, but just had this happen this morning so it's still fresh in my mind. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Hire more cabin stewards.  I don’t care about twice a day cleanings but hate to see how Carnival is overworking their cabin stewards. Then they could bring us our Fun Times without having to request it and bring our Diamond gifts and pins to the cabin.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Whether it be serious or whimsical gimme your CCL pet peeves.  Some may not be exclusive to the line.  

Me?  Haaaaaaaate the Cheers program cost for week long cruises.  Plus, when we get it i feel like i have to overindulge to compensate for my wife's lower consumption.  And its day after day pressure, no days off drankin or im wasting money. 

Id love an all inclusive type option sorta like the ncl free at sea.  

Simple.  Buy as you go a long.  Why do you ask about CCL, then say no line specific.  If you don't like something on carnival, cruise another line.  Hint.  Their will all do something you won't like

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Hire more cabin stewards.  I don’t care about twice a day cleanings but hate to see how Carnival is overworking their cabin stewards. Then they could bring us our Fun Times without having to request it and bring our Diamond gifts and pins to the cabin.  

How do you know how hard they are working

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, coondog99 said:

--Same ports of call on the bigger ships and of course, those that Carnival has invested $ in. eg Grand Turk, Amber Cove, etc

--lack of different level of Cheers type packages.

--elimination of paper menus

They have paper menus...  you only need ask. 

• Like 4

Have only sailed Carnival once and enjoyed it, but one pet peeve did come up, at one bar they refused to give me unopened beers.  We like to grab an unopened beer or two throughout the day to enjoy in the room later.  We aren't hoarding or anything, just a room beer.  Most bars onboard had zero issue, this one bartender and entire bar refused.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yes but it would be nice not to have to. Once people go to their phones for the menus, the habit kicks in to stay on their phone (my pet peeve).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Yesterday, I asked for paper menus for our party of four.  The waiter brought us one.  When I asked him for more, he came back with one more and said "that's all I can find right now, can you share?" They were just the plain, one page menu.  Not the nice ones in the leather holders, so it isn't like the couldn't have a stack of them printed up.  If they are running out, this should tell them that there are enough people not wanting to use the app to justify printing more of them.  This is on the Venezia.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, coondog99 said:

Yes but it would be nice not to have to. Once people go to their phones for the menus, the habit kicks in to stay on their phone (my pet peeve).

How about this.   The menu is posted on the wall.  View it before you go in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, highSeas22 said:

How about this.   The menu is posted on the wall.  View it before you go in.

That might work for some, but the short term memory fades as you age, so I wouldn’t remember the first thing that was on the menu by the time I  got to the table. 

Another problem is that the short term memory fades as you age.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 43

2 hours ago, highSeas22 said:

Simple.  Buy as you go a long.  Why do you ask about CCL, then say no line specific.  If you don't like something on carnival, cruise another line.  Hint.  Their will all do something you won't like

2 hours ago, highSeas22 said:

This has nothing to do with cruise lines . That's passenger driven

Kind of seems like your second post answered the question you posed in your first post...

When big groups of people decide to stand in a main walkway and chat, even at the buffet. How can they be so clueless when numerous people are saying excuse me and trying to pass by.

Crowding of hot tubs. I don't mind the occasional person squeezing in and making it crowded but when 3 or 4 try to squeeze in and make it quite uncomfortable with having to touch strangers body parts.

Saving of seats. Last cruise I saw a couple near me saving seats at shows, putting their belongings on seats next to them, telling people the seats were being saved when asked. Then as soon as lights went off and show started they removed the belongings and had 2 empty seats on either side of them empty. So funny I just happened to sit next to them 2 separate times and saw them do the same thing twice lol. They were lucky they didn't get called out because on another night someone was trying to save seats and other people that wanted the seats argued with them until they gave up the seats.

• Like 4