GTY Stateroom - How do we get luggage tags sour luggage gets tour room?

Booked a GTY stateroom for our Nov 6th cruise.   How do we get our stateroom number so we can use the luggage tags.   The luggage tags in our documentation are blank.   So how will our luggage get to our stateroom?  Is there any way to find out our stateroom early so we can write them on the blank luggage tags?

Any info is much appreciated.

Keep checking cruise planner or the app for  your important papers/contract/luggage tags. They will show up before you leave.  Follow formula for bar code on your set sail pass, last few numbers of the code will be your cabin #.

Edited by BecciBoo

3 minutes ago, missingyou said:

Booked a GTY stateroom for our Nov 6th cruise.   How do we get our stateroom number so we can use the luggage tags.   The luggage tags in our documentation are blank.   So how will our luggage get to our stateroom?  Is there any way to find out our stateroom early so we can write them on the blank luggage tags?

Try this  with your Seapass   Put a bar code reader app on your smart phone (they're free) and read the bar code. The last numbers after the dash will be the room number  ...

• Like 1

There’s still plenty of time before your Nov 6 cruise.  We have a gty booked for Oct 28.  Though we can detect an unofficial cabin number in the barcode, we still do not have an official cabin assignment.  We are not concerned though; 99.9% sure the cabin assignment will be official sometime in the next 18 days.  Then we will be able to print luggage tags.  If not, we will have the porters check the manifest before we hand over our bags.  I suspect your assignment will also appear before your cruise.  

And air out that “sour luggage”, LOL. Autocorrect can be funny.

Edited by Starry Eyes

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Try this  with your Seapass   Put a bar code reader app on your smart phone (they're free) and read the bar code. The last numbers after the dash will be the room number  ...

If you use an iPhone, adding your set sail pass to your Apple Wallet will show you the numbers as well.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, missingyou said:

Get them at the port - stop hunting for them....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Get them at the port - stop hunting for them....

So you think everyone should do that?  I once stood in the rain at Port Everglades because half of the passengers on the bus had no tags, and many had to dig through documents because they couldn't remember their cabin number.  

Twice I've had a cabin attendant ask me if this was my suitcase because he couldn't read the full cabin number.

I had friends who were very angry because the longshoreman transposed digits and their luggage ended up on the wrong deck.

I suppose you also think no one should have a set sail pass so everyone has to be looked up at the entrance?

The height of arrogance and I'm being kind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

So you think everyone should do that?  I once stood in the rain at Port Everglades because half of the passengers on the bus had no tags, and many had to dig through documents because they couldn't remember their cabin number.  

Twice I've had a cabin attendant ask me if this was my suitcase because he couldn't read the full cabin number.

I had friends who were very angry because the longshoreman transposed digits and their luggage ended up on the wrong deck.

I suppose you also think no one should have a set sail pass so everyone has to be looked up at the entrance?

Never had these problems!

Don't think I ever will.....I know my cabin-number and I check what they write on the tag......everything else you mention is just mimimimimi to me!🤣

Edited by cruiseboy89130
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I agree with you.  I would never want to inconvenience anyone unless I absolutely have to.  Why hold up lines when I can just do it myself.

• Like 1