The Catch on Discovery

1emerald1

Following as well.  Last I heard it was supposed to be done "before the end of 2023"?????  We are not on her until April, but would like to make reservations as soon as we know for sure it has been changed.

28 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Following as well.  Last I heard it was supposed to be done "before the end of 2023"?????  We are not on her until April, but would like to make reservations as soon as we know for sure it has been changed.

Thanks, same.

FYI, the Majestic converted Bistro to The Catch last May. I was booked on the recent YVR to LA Oct 3-8. I had Premier Pkg, so 2 complimentary SD. The APP never had option to book The Catch, only Crown Grill or Harmony. Fortunately the sailing was not full and I was able to book The Catch once on board for the dates and times of my choosing. The venue was never very busy, but it was a short 5 day sailing and only 2000 passengers.

So even if The Catch is on the ship, reservations may not be available thru the APP. You might be able to call. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:21 PM, wallyj said:

FYI, the Majestic converted Bistro to The Catch last May. I was booked on the recent YVR to LA Oct 3-8. I had Premier Pkg, so 2 complimentary SD. The APP never had option to book The Catch, only Crown Grill or Harmony. Fortunately the sailing was not full and I was able to book The Catch once on board for the dates and times of my choosing. The venue was never very busy, but it was a short 5 day sailing and only 2000 passengers.

So even if The Catch is on the ship, reservations may not be available thru the APP. You might be able to call. 

We also ate at The Catch 3 times while on the Majestic.  It was the most superb food I’ve ever had on any cruise, on any restaurant!  
I just spoke with a friend that disembarked from the Discovery today and she noted that Sur La Mer was still onboard as of today so, we may have to wait a bit to get a meal as good as that on the Majestic.  
In speaking with the coordinator for the cast of Dallas being onboard, he mentioned that the Discovery will be closing down Sur La Mer, Sabatini’s, across from guest services, will be moving up to deck 7, where Sur La Mer is currently located and the The Catch will be taking Sabatini’s venue.  I was hoping it was already done, but no such luck.  
I used to love Sabatini’s menu but since they got rid of the sole piccata from their menu, I’m not so much a fan anymore.  I loved their old menu so much!  Sur La Mer doesn’t appeal to my SH, so, the Crown Grill it is, I guess.  I just hope they offer lunch time meals at the Crown like they had on the Ruby as it’s hard for us to eat that heavy food later in the day.  
But, I certainly won’t starve to death by any means.  

• Like 4

We just booked our two complimentary dinners at Rudi’s The Catch on Enchanted using the app.  We also booked a third one and paid for it also on the app.  Disappointed in Sabatini’s last time and CG is becoming same old, same old.

• Like 3

I don’t know if it has any kind of relevance, but when you go to Princess’ website, the deck plans give you a choice pre and post May 04, 2024. The deck plans look the exact same, but I wonder if this is indicative of the change ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 1:46 PM, Lady Arwen said:

CG is becoming same old, same old.

I think most dedicated steakhouses could be saddled with that statement.  Just depends what one is out for. 

The cost of a top end restaurant steak is so crazy now, I tend to look for other food choices and bypass steakhouses.  I buy top end grass-fed (sometimes organic) beef and grill at home which ends up restaurant quality steak to me and save money while still spending significant bucks on the meat. 

But I still like me a good steak on the ship.  I was just disappointed last Fall, but maybe they have picked up the game by now.

55 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

Can someone please post a menu if and when it is available?

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/onboard-experience/food-dining/pdfs/the-catch-by-rudi-menu.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

$39

the-catch-by-rudi-menu.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Cruising Juls said:

We have Bistro reservations on our end of November cruise do they transfer over to The Catch?

I checked my app today, and our reservations still say Bistro. I'll look again in a few days.

26 minutes ago, Caligirl33 said:

There is a poster on the Discovery this week doing a “live”. She stated the signage has changed to The Catch, but that Bistro is still there. I board next Saturday and am hoping The Catch will be up and running by then! 

From the Food and Beverage Director on the Discovery:

The Catch by Rudi started its soft opening on Nov 11th and full opening on Nov 18th.  
They’ve already made arrangements for the menu items for the new offerings.  
The signage has also been changed .. that happened sometime before the 4th of this month as we noticed it when we disembarked that morning.  
I have reservations as well for “The Bistro” for January.  I hope it just transfers over to The Catch.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

When you board the Discovery, where do you go to make specialty dining reservations? Or do you call from your cabin?

If you don't make them in advance on the app, then you can call the dine line from your cabin or you can just go to the restaurant and check availability - even if the restaurant is not open there is usually someone there to take reservations.  If you are in a full suite you can ask the Concierge to assist you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, juicyjuju said:

When you board the Discovery, where do you go to make specialty dining reservations? Or do you call from your cabin?

If you are really wanting to do a specialty restaurant then you should really try to get it booked before you board. While the general consensus is that they "hold back" some reservation time slots...I would not count on it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruising Juls said:

Just checked dine my way and our reservation for Bistro switched to The Catch with our same day & reservation time. Looking forward to a new restaurant. 

I just checked ours and this has not happened yet.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

Happy I stumbled onto this conversation. We leave this Saturday and I have Bistro reservations for Sunday (11/19). My app still says Bistro Sur La Mer. I guess I will report back on if we are one of the first for the Catch or one of the last for the Bistro. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1