My Stock Mistake!!

Momma Mojito

Well here is why I hadn't heard from Princess about my Stock Credit!   I first emailed all the correct info to  Princess.  Immediately I received an automated email stating because they were very busy it could take at least 21 days.  I waited and no response, Then I decided that I would fax.  Still no response!  Yesterday I decided to give Princess a call at Princess Cruises  Booking support number.  Within 20 minutes I had my Stock Credit.  Here is what I did wrong. When I first emailed them. the info, instead of this address  sbpcl@princesscruises.com  I sent it to sbpcl@princess.com.  The Princess rep also told me that as of September 1 Princess has discontinued the Fax service for stock so that's why when I faxed the info I did not get a reply.  I hope this info helps all of you who haven't received your stock credit.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

36 minutes ago, Momma Mojito said:

Well here is why I hadn't heard from Princess about my Stock Credit!   I first emailed all the correct info to  Princess.  Immediately I received an automated email stating because they were very busy it could take at least 21 days.  I waited and no response, Then I decided that I would fax.  Still no response!  Yesterday I decided to give Princess a call at Princess Cruises  Booking support number.  Within 20 minutes I had my Stock Credit.  Here is what I did wrong. When I first emailed them. the info, instead of this address  sbpcl@princesscruises.com  I sent it to sbpcl@princess.com.  The Princess rep also told me that as of September 1 Princess has discontinued the Fax service for stock so that's why when I faxed the info I did not get a reply.  I hope this info helps all of you who haven't received your stock credit.

You should have received an email notice that your send rejected for the first try since it is an invalid address.  I get those notices when I have made a typo, for example.  Princess.com for the website.  PrincessCruises.com for all email addresses.

3 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Thanks for sharing this info. In the past I have generally faxed our forms. I will use the email going forward. 

The email address has been a quick reply for us.  Usually within a few days.

It just shows up on the cruise personalizer in your account.

• Like 1

I've had good luck with email.  However, I would have hoped that there would have been some sort of notice about them shutting down the fax option.  Like at least disconnecting their fax number assigned to these requests so that submissions would fail.  That at least would be a clue that the request can't be made in that manner.

ETA:  The fax number is still on the PDF on the CCL website https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I've had good luck with email.  However, I would have hoped that there would have been some sort of notice about them shutting down the fax option.  Like at least disconnecting their fax number assigned to these requests so that submissions would fail.  That at least would be a clue that the request can't be made in that manner.

Agreed! I've been sending our SH OBC request via fax for an upcoming cruise for the last two weeks with no response. 

I just now scanned the documents and emailed them. 

We shall see what happens now. 

Edit: immediately after emailing I received a confirmation of receipt advising me that it may take up to 21 days to process. At a minimum, I now know they've received my submission. 

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 2

I emailed our request a week or so ago and received the automated response indicating 21 days.   20 minutes later I received an updated booking confirmation showing the credit.  Can’t ask for better service.

• Like 4

I emailed my shareholder's obc request twice over a month's time and never heard back from Princess. I finally called customer service and they were very helpful. They had me resend it again, and for some reason it was not going through, so I resent it through a different email account and it went right through. They had my obc added on my account while I was on the phone with customer service. I had minimal waiting and am very happy with their customer service team.

Nice job Princess!

• Like 2

I had always faxed with HAL so I did so to Princess last week for our Nov. cruise

Thanks to you good folks I emailed my info today as I had not heard nada after I faxed Princess

Got an instant response saying I would hear within 21 days due to high volume

thanks again for the current info

Bob

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bobpell said:

I had always faxed with HAL so I did so to Princess last week for our Nov. cruise

Thanks to you good folks I emailed my info today as I had not heard nada after I faxed Princess

Got an instant response saying I would hear within 21 days due to high volume

thanks again for the current info

Bob

I emailed my request to shareholders for my 11/25/2023 sailing I just booked. Emailed at 4pm Pacific time, checked my booking 2 hours later and it was posted already.

It appears that department processes requests at all hours, as earlier this week, sent in requests for bookings I have next year at 10pm one evening, by midnight benefit was posted and even got a email confirmation for one of the bookings to review that had EZAir for only one of the passengers, which is correct as other passenger is doing independently, so kudo’s to that agent for sending a reminder to review that booking.

I know Princess has employees around the world working, as I previously had an enroute delay with my flight being canceled when I arrived at the airport, when I called at 11pm, the agent was in Australia.

Currently, shareholders benefit processing is very quick, only a few hours and possibly shorter. 

You normally will not get confirmation the benefit has posted, just check your cruise Personalizer under ‘Payments’ tab and scroll down to check.

• Like 2

The email is so much easier.  Just need to be able to scan to a PDF or I imagine even a phone photo works.  If can fax, those machines these days also have the scan function.  I have had great response from email requests, including do-overs if dropped from reservation after a re-fare.

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The email is so much easier.  Just need to be able to scan to a PDF or I imagine even a phone photo works.  If can fax, those machines these days also have the scan function.  I have had great response from email requests, including do-overs if dropped from reservation after a re-fare.

I just send a screenshot, NP.

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Agreed! I've been sending our SH OBC request via fax for an upcoming cruise for the last two weeks with no response. 

I just now scanned the documents and emailed them. 

We shall see what happens now. 

Edit: immediately after emailing I received a confirmation of receipt advising me that it may take up to 21 days to process. At a minimum, I now know they've received my submission. 

Update - an hour and a half after emailing the necessary information to Princess, the OBC appeared on our account. 

Thanks @Momma Mojito for providing the email address. I'll trash the fax number and use the email from now on.

• Like 3

Honestly - I emailed in today, and it was applied in under 6 minutes.

Email sent 2:31.

Confirmation that it was received 2:32

Went to Princess website, logged in, went to My Account, opened Manage Cruise went to Payments and voila - there it was.

Time in phone - 2:38.

That's incredibly fast... Emailed to the sbpcl@princesscruises.com address.

Seriously - under 6 minutes.  Dang... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Honestly - I emailed in today, and it was applied in under 6 minutes.

Email sent 2:31.

Confirmation that it was received 2:32

Went to Princess website, logged in, went to My Account, opened Manage Cruise went to Payments and voila - there it was.

Time in phone - 2:38.

That's incredibly fast... Emailed to the sbpcl@princesscruises.com address.

Seriously - under 6 minutes.  Dang... 

Reminds me of the old Name That Tune game show.  Can anyone get their SOBC in less than six minutes?

• Haha 1

Emailed my request late last night (~9:00PM PDT) for my cruise next week. It didn't show up during the next hour I was online. I did not receive any email response beyond the initial canned acknowledgement one. Checking again this morning I do see it in my account!! 😁

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Reminds me of the old Name That Tune game show.  Can anyone get their SOBC in less than six minutes?

Apparently, it is possible. I figured half hour, hour or so, which has been my usual the last 2 years - not under 10.. lol. 

5 hours ago, VegasPrince said:

I emailed request this morning (Oct 14) at 9:06 am.  Got an email with new booking confirmation showing credit had been applied at 11:30 am.  I record time for me.  Only 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Which email address did you use? Thankyou

On 10/13/2023 at 12:21 AM, Steelers36 said:

Actually I received SOBC for two cruises sent in on a Sunday evening within minutes. I didn't use a certified stopwatch so not sure if within 6 minutes, but it was fast. Maybe even before I requested it. Believe It Or Not.

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

I printed pages 1 and 9 of my brokerage statement to a PDF file. (Page 1 had my address and page 9 had the CCL share information.)

I then used PDFgear (free program) to black out the account number and non-relative information.  I then attached it to an email with my name, confirmation, ship, and cruise date.  Total time: about 4-5 minutes.

• Like 1